People Suck - Bumper Scrape

jake1164

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange Ecoboost Mustang
I used one of these to tap into the wires running into the mirror.
https://www.amazon.com/Radar-Mount-...dar+detector+mirror+tap&qid=1571069274&sr=8-4

They make similar one's for dash cams too so trying to see if I can run another one to tap the dash cam from there too.
Thanks! Thats an interesting find.

I ran the cable down (and pulled it back out) to the fusebox in my 16 and it was not TOO painful.. So I will probably just stick to that since I already have the fuse taps, just gotta confirm the fuse selections have not changed in the last 4 years. Plus I already have to run the rear camera so I am 1/3 way to the fuse box at that point.
Sponsored

rishi_says

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rishi
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem, PP2
Thanks! Thats an interesting find.

I ran the cable down (and pulled it back out) to the fusebox in my 16 and it was not TOO painful.. So I will probably just stick to that since I already have the fuse taps, just gotta confirm the fuse selections have not changed in the last 4 years. Plus I already have to run the rear camera so I am 1/3 way to the fuse box at that point.
Where did you run the rear camera cable? And do you hardwire to the fusebox inside the car or in the engine bay?

jake1164

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange Ecoboost Mustang
Where did you run the rear camera cable? And do you hardwire to the fusebox inside the car or in the engine bay?
This is all based on my 2016, I have yet to confirm for my 2020 (but I assume it will be the same).

I ran both cables across the front to the passengers A Post (front) and then the rear camera just went straight back the passenger side and then fished across from the back of the B post to the center rear window with all the 5 million feet of extra USB cable at the rear camera.

The fuse box is down at the passengers kick panel so its just down the side of the a-post trying to not disturb the airbag and then down to the fuse box. The first time it took me about 3 hours, this time should be quicker since I have done it already.

These are the fuse taps I used.
IMG_20190726_173043.jpg

Massman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2004 Explorer Sport Trac, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
When my Sport Trac was 2 weeks old I went to a local hospital for blood work for my annual physical. Parked at the far end of the parking lot with only 5 cars parked in the lot. It was 6:30 AM and I was in an out of the lab in 20 minutes. As I walked up the stairs to the parking lot I see my vehicle rocking. As I approach, I see this huge woman in a Honda getting out of her car which is parked about a foot from my Sport Trac with her door slammed into my door. I ask her what the hell she's doing. She says "getting out of my car. What's your problem?" I tell her my problem is that she not only took a chunk out of the door protector but also dented my door. Her reply was "what's the big deal it's only a truck". Luckily the guard saw the whole incident and called the cops. They took a report which I gave to my insurance company. The next day I find out she also uses this same insurance agency and has decided to pay out of pocket with a "PERSONAL CHECK". I call my agent and tell them I will not accept a personal check from her, but want the agency to issue me a check and they can accept her check. Sure as Shit her check bounces and the agency has to deal with her bs. It seems not matter where you park some A hole will get you whether by stupidity or on purpose.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Some jackass did this in my secured parking garage at work and ran...

dBQ48jC.jpg

Sponsored

RaceHorseV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra, 2004 Cobra, 2019 GT
When my Sport Trac was 2 weeks old I went to a local hospital for blood work for my annual physical. Parked at the far end of the parking lot with only 5 cars parked in the lot. It was 6:30 AM and I was in an out of the lab in 20 minutes. As I walked up the stairs to the parking lot I see my vehicle rocking. As I approach, I see this huge woman in a Honda getting out of her car which is parked about a foot from my Sport Trac with her door slammed into my door. I ask her what the hell she's doing. She says "getting out of my car. What's your problem?" I tell her my problem is that she not only took a chunk out of the door protector but also dented my door. Her reply was "what's the big deal it's only a truck". Luckily the guard saw the whole incident and called the cops. They took a report which I gave to my insurance company. The next day I find out she also uses this same insurance agency and has decided to pay out of pocket with a "PERSONAL CHECK". I call my agent and tell them I will not accept a personal check from her, but want the agency to issue me a check and they can accept her check. Sure as Shit her check bounces and the agency has to deal with her bs. It seems not matter where you park some A hole will get you whether by stupidity or on purpose.
I applaud your self-restraint. Beware of huge, check-bouncing, women in Hondas!! :explode:

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
My Mustang was parked outside my house . Some idiot drove into it at high speed and hit my front end. He tried to take off but my daughter stopped him. No one was in the car so there were no injuries. But you would think the police who were called and did come, might have done more. The police report read as it it was little fender bender. My guess he was texting or something. High speed on the wrong side of the road. I treasured that car

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
On Nov. 5th, 2017; a poor man watched helplessly as his pregnant wife and two children were murdered in front of him at a church in Southerland Springs, Texas.

People do in fact suck..., but to what magnitude?

Sometimes when dealing with tragedy (like a scraped bumper), it is important to keep things in perspective.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Park so far away, it's hard to see your car when you leave the store.

There's been a few times where I chose not to buy something, or go shopping, because the lot was too full and there was no safe place to park away from the rest of the cretins.
For the past 5 years I've been parking away from people, I only had once bad instance. I walked out to my car after the gym, and a shopping cart scratched my rear bumper and put a ding in my quarter panel fender. It seems as if this was done on purpose which is really crappy, but it is what it is.

All we can do is our due diligence, and pray that others do the right thing.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Drove my Mustang today 75 miles from home looking for a used pickup to buy.
Wife decided we needed to go into a restaurant and eat dinner.
I swear; I thought I'd go into a PANIC because I didn't park in a better parking space than I did.

My sweetie finally said; 'go move the car, you'll never make it if you don't.'
So, I did.
There isn't a scratch, ding, rock chip, bug skidmark or scuffmark on the car.
It's gonna stay that way.........................
Everyone needs a Dream, Son!

MustangDaily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Auto
The same thing happened to me about a month ago and I am getting my car back today. The worst part about it is that someone got into an accident with me a month before that on August 16th and I found this on September 17th. I was incredibly pissed when I saw this. It wasn't a simple job neither as apparently the fender was dented to the point that it was impossible to repair and the impact caused the driver's door to rub against it. I was told the fender was replaced and painted. I'm happy that i'm getting back today as its been a damn month to fix it.
Sponsored