Sponsored

What car has the most obnoxious drivers when you drive your S550.

DesertRat5115

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Velocity Blue Stock + 275/40R18-9.5 Square
Prius drivers, no contest here in Phoenix. I make sure not to end up behind one at a red light. Even if the car in the next lane is the worst beater I've seen all day, it will be car-lengths ahead of the Prius seconds after the light turns green. Anyone who can't figure out that a Prius costs more to own over a typical ownership period than a conventional economy car (like a Civic which gets 42 MPG highway and costs far less up-front) or worse yet thinks they are saving the world, is bound to be a pain the ass on the road. At least I can feel some satisfaction in knowing that I'm counteracting any good that they are doing by driving a gas guzzling planet-killer which is lucky to get 15 MPG.
Sponsored

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I've talked a lot to my colleagues about this as we travel all over the USA and get to see the lowest common denominator on the roads. To me, and my colleagues agree, it's not a particular car, but a class of car. And that class, while probably not meeting an EPA "Official" size class, I'm going to call the "corolla" club.

Basically any low-cost car. Corolla, Civic, Kia, Hyundai, Cruise, Fiesta, Versa and I'm going to throw the prius in here as well.

Although the cars are ill-prepared to swerving through traffic at 10mph faster than anyone else, the drivers seem compelled to do so. Yes, prius' included. (How? Well once they get up to 90, the drivers keep them there). I don't know if it's because they just don't care about their car, or their safety. Perhaps they are always late/leaving at the last minute and that behavior limits their income (e.g. hard to get/keep a good paying job if you are always late). Likewise, maybe it is (for example) a single parent that is unfortunately working two jobs and also taking their kid to school.

Around here, BMW's and other luxury brands are just status symbols, so most people (here) don't think the road is all theirs. But, you get into the midwest, for example, and it is a different story - people have to go out of their way to buy a BMW, there isn't a BMW dealership on every other corner like there is here.
Yep. Around here (CA Central Valley), Chevy Cruises and Malibus are pretty obnoxious. I think they're Camaro/Corvette wannabes but don't have the wherewithal.

I think Prii might be speed-limited to 90 (their tires should be, anyway).

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
A wife-driven car. Today mine drove us to the Hazardous Household Waste Disposal point (leave this alone...). More than forty years behind the wheel, and she has no comprehensive philosophy of driving: Accelerates toward the back of a pack of cars waiting at a red light; slows to a near-stop before crossing an intersection where she has a green light; when she's going to be the first in line at a red light she waits until the last second to jam on the brakes; leaves as little space as possible between her front bumper and any stationary object in her path. My advice is to give her and her like a wide berth, and your generous forgiveness.

I'd guess she's on her best behavior when I'm in the car. I hate to think what havoc she wreaks when on her own.

She's a survivor, though: this is the woman who, as a twenty-year-old whose entire driving experience was as a spectator, "stole" our Bug-eye Sprite and drove it across Tijuana and back without knowing anything about the concept "clutch". No harm, no foul.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang

She's a survivor, though: this is the woman who, as a twenty-year-old whose entire driving experience was as a spectator, "stole" our Bug-eye Sprite and drove it across Tijuana and back without knowing anything about the concept "clutch". No harm, no foul.
Still got the BugEye? Sometimes I think about adding one to the 'collection:'

upload_2019-8-24_21-10-26.jpeg

HexaNerva

EL 5OH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Scions.

Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Still got the BugEye? Sometimes I think about adding one to the 'collection:'

upload_2019-8-24_21-10-26.jpeg
The BugEye was traded in the middle 1960s. I've been an Austin-Healy lover since 1953 or so, owned a '55 100 and a '60 3000 Standard. I always envy 100M owners.

Birddog 29

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
For me it's Chargers and BMW's. I get of work after midnight and there isn't much traffic here. Inevitably a Charger will pull up next to me. When will they learn that lead sled takes too much time to get going. The BMW's think they own the road and you are trespassing. Most of the time I just ignore them. I just want to go home.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Didn't you know that you only have rights if you drive the Ultimate Leasing Machine? I had an M5 come up behind me and run a red light at 40mph the other day. How dare I stop in front of him?!
Ultimate Leasing Machine hahahahahahah!!

I had a newer Vette zip in front of me to avoid being in a right turn only earlier today. I was going close to 45 in the 35 zone, after the light it went to 50. They probably got north of 80 to get in front of me and beyond. Felt great when I was behind them in maybe 1/2 mile because of the car going 45 in the 50 zone lol. Had I not had my winter setup on the car and if temps were a little higher, I may have been the a-hole to not let them in but I didn't deem it worth it today. They obviously had the faster car but I had position for sure if I got on it. Maybe I'm getting old...

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
any pickup truck driver and anything ecoboost. they fly around me like flies trying to get me to notice them.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

Not obnoxious, but just so freaking obviously slow and retarded are Honda CRVs! Doesn't matter if it's the first gen or current year, they are all terrible drivers.
I'm convinced everyone that buys a CR-V suffers from some sort of driving anxiety. They won't turn right on red, and every driving decision they make seems to have a lot of second-guessing behind them. I seriously think they need some deeper driving skill assessment when they renew their licenses.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
Welp, a v6 s197 convertible in a flat black prime paint job was revving at me this morning...

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Not obnoxious, but just so freaking obliviously slow and retarded are Honda CRVs! Doesn't matter if it's the first gen or current year, they are all terrible drivers.
Never, never get behind a CR-V. That is the worst. LOL

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm convinced everyone that buys a CR-V suffers from some sort of driving anxiety. They won't turn right on red, and every driving decision they make seems to have a lot of second-guessing behind them. I seriously think they need some deeper driving skill assessment when they renew their licenses.
There should be a designation, like a different class, on their license for sure.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
That's my experience with Nissan Rogues.
Them too. And after I had one as a rental when the Stang was down I found out why. Truly horrible vehicles - sorry if anyone here owns one. Scary car to drive.
Sponsored