MNShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Dropped off the car at DB Performance Tuning here in Minneapolis for a Procharger set up. Great video and pics on their site.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
What I normally do... drive it, clean it... then take photos of it.
DSC_9293.jpg
DSC_9302.jpg
DSC_9351.jpg
Any change in driving dynamics with the Michelin 4S tires and that wheel setup vs OEM Stock MPSS? Did you need alignment or camber adjustment with the different setup?

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Dropped off the car at DB Performance Tuning here in Minneapolis for a Procharger set up. Great video and pics on their site.

I’m buying a house up in Ely, how long of a driving season will I get? Do you put the 350 away for the winter or put snow tires on and have at it? I suppose I’ll need to get a Sti or Golf R for the winter but I think I’ll still need a set of winter tires for them too.

MNShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I’m buying a house up in Ely, how long of a driving season will I get? Do you put the 350 away for the winter or put snow tires on and have at it? I suppose I’ll need to get a Sti or Golf R for the winter but I think I’ll still need a set of winter tires for them too.

Hey there - that’s beautiful country! I’d say May through September is when you’ll get consistent nice weather. May be a bit shorter for you up North though. I’ll put the Stang in my heated garage and drive my leased Jeep Renegade for the winter.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Readied her for another track day with brakes being bled, thorough cleaning and safety inspection.

The 2019 solid rotors have gone from small micro racks after 2 days at Watkins Glen to 1/4 cracks after an additional day at NJMP Lightning. Not seeing a big improvement over the cross drilled rotors from 2015-2018. I’m thinking the move was more due to cost cutting than improving performance (I imagine quality control on the cross drilled is more difficult than the solid rotors).

Sponsored

ADDGAMER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Finally got my car back (yesterday) from the dealership after 4 long weeks to have warranty work done. Had the rear deck lid panel replaced, rear spoiler replaced and the passenger brake duct replaced. Everything came out great except the brake duct... Still not getting 100% adhesion from the 3M tape. While it was at the dealer, I had them put the handling pack camber plates on, IRS alignment kit from steeda, IRS frames from Steeda, Shelby transmission scoop and the Steeda low profile jacking rails. NH weather yesterday made the ride home interesting with 50 degree temps and raining. Then I put on the Billitworkz shift knob. Way too much effort to get the OEM knob removed....jeeze just glad to have the car home... Just in time to get it winterized.
IMG_20191012_103542.jpg

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Way too much effort to get the OEM knob removed
LOL! Mine was a BEAR! I'm not exactly a small lad but I finally gave up and bought a strap wrench from Home Depot to finish the job. I thought at one point that I would twist the entire linkage out of the undercarriage...:angry::muscle::whew:

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
LOL! Mine was a BEAR! I'm not exactly a small lad but I finally gave up and bought a strap wrench from Home Depot to finish the job. I thought at one point that I would twist the entire linkage out of the undercarriage...:angry::muscle::whew:
I am getting a white GT350 ball knob for Christmas (I think?), so I decided to give the OEM knob a twist just for giggles, and it turned 90 degrees with moderate effort while sitting in traffic.
I assume it will continue with that same required amount of torque to completely remove it, or did you guys have difficulty once it started rotating?
If you guys had difficulty from the onset, I wonder if Ford replaced my shift linkage and that is why the knob did not need a wrench to get it started?
????

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®
I am sick and tired of trying to get the shift knob removed. I keep a Husky strap wrench in the glove box and give it a go every night when I get home. So far I have gotten about 380 degrees. Still no sign of loosening up. Yesterday the strap wrench broke when I was putting in my daily shift (pun intended) of trying to remove the knob.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I am sick and tired of trying to get the shift knob removed. I keep a Husky strap wrench in the glove box and give it a go every night when I get home. So far I have gotten about 380 degrees. Still no sign of loosening up. Yesterday the strap wrench broke when I was putting in my daily shift (pun intended) of trying to remove the knob.
Maybe drape it in a rag to prevent over-spray & give a shot of wd40 with the straw jammed at the thread end? With some luck and capillary action it might help.

I had to use full bear force (FBF = we're talking 250lbs & grunting) plus a board just to get the damned catch can push pins in on the drivers side. The passenger's side one was easier - easier because it simply won't fit without relocating that thick wiring harness loom hoop that the factory so specifically secured in place. Just to digress on that I think that harness routing and or securing is different for MY'19's - videos of past installations show no such interference...and that's how it goes (am waiting for FP give their take on it - they might have guidance).

So my buddy & I joke anything that anyone says is a quick 15 minute installation job is 2 hours if even possible and anything 2 hours is 2 days...if even possible. If Bill on CJ Pony parts makes it looks easy then its going to be a long weekend. Or so it seems too often.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Understeer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Lead Foot Grey GT350, 67 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Drove the piss out of it at COTA yesterday. Such a great car. Did everything I asked of it, and not one complaint!

Reactions: TDC

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
I think I ended up with a Husky strap wrench too! I don't know if you're already doing this, but I took a microfiber cloth, doubled it over, and then wrapped it around the knob. It seemed to give the strap wrench a little more bite and that's how I got it off. It probably went three full revolutions before the slightest sign of easing up. You and I probably had the same disgruntled employee who subbed in Red Loctite when no one was looking...

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Finally got my car back (yesterday) from the dealership after 4 long weeks to have warranty work done. Had the rear deck lid panel replaced, rear spoiler replaced and the passenger brake duct replaced. Everything came out great except the brake duct... Still not getting 100% adhesion from the 3M tape. While it was at the dealer, I had them put the handling pack camber plates on, IRS alignment kit from steeda, IRS frames from Steeda, Shelby transmission scoop and the Steeda low profile jacking rails. NH weather yesterday made the ride home interesting with 50 degree temps and raining. Then I put on the Billitworkz shift knob. Way too much effort to get the OEM knob removed....jeeze just glad to have the car home... Just in time to get it winterized.
IMG_20191012_103542.jpg
Wow!!
It took them 4 weeks to do all that to your car? Seems like a very long time for just those 3 items to be replaced?

I hear ya about the winter months,....horrible!

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Recently got a new job as a substation maintenance tech at my local cooperative and cut my drive by 40 minutes so I drove mine to work this morning. One of the lineman has a Hellcat at home so he was giving me the stink eye....:crackup:

ADDGAMER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Y
Wow!!
It took them 4 weeks to do all that to your car? Seems like a very long time for just those 3 items to be replaced?

I hear ya about the winter months,....horrible!
Yup. Almost a full month. Took them.longer than anticipated to get the parts in. Oh well , hoping for a few more nice days before I put her away until the spring. Will have a stockpile of parts waiting for her when she awakes from her slumber .
Sponsored