Sponsored

Should I Start with my Flex Tune and then switch to dedicated E85 after a few tankfuls?

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
just got my flex and e85r tunes from lund. kermitz and the large member are right. its amazing how much smoother the car runs on ethanol. i dont want to go back to 93.

FYI: lund told me 75% on the FF_ALCH on the nGauge in order to run the e85r tune. up top it makes no more power but down low they smash in more timing, thats the only different. i run around in flex right now as were getting into winter blend it seems.
Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
If you have E85 readily available, just run it year round and forget about it.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
If you have E85 readily available, just run it year round and forget about it.

I would do this if I wouldn't have to fill up every single day driving the car to/from work on E85. I get 15 highway on E85 compared to 22-23 on 93, if I really tried to stretch across 2 days I'd probably get back home on literal fumes.

Been enjoying the flex fuel tune around town though, finally after 4 fills I got a 91% ethanol reading, so I swapped to the E85R tune. Can't wait to see how much stronger it gets, already really impressed with the 93 and FF tunes.

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
If our E85 stays as high as it has been all winter, I'll just run the E85 R tune. In So Cal, it stays warm enough to run "summer grade" all year round. I'll keep testing it.
Sponsored