Steeda Billet Shock Mount

Badpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB V6
About 9 months ago I installed a complete Steeda/BMR suspension. I used the Steeda Pro Action struts/shocks along with their rear billet mounts. In the last 3 months or so it's developed a rattle in the right rear. At first I thought it was the usual airbag or trunk key receiver mount noise. After tearing the interior out and dampening everything in sight; the rattle was still there. So, today I pulled the right rear shock and mount and reinstalled the factory shock/mount. The noise is gone now. I contacted TJ at Steeda to see what they can do for me as I don't want to have to buy a new pair of mounts if just the one is bad. I will be disassembling the Steeda set, reassembling and reinstalling to see if that fixes anything. My question is, if I have to, has anyone went from the Steeda back to the factory mount and does it make any real difference in handling on the street. I drive it somewhat hard but not track crazy. Also, this is not a slam on Steeda. They have always provided me with excellent parts and service.
Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
About 9 months ago I installed a complete Steeda/BMR suspension. I used the Steeda Pro Action struts/shocks along with their rear billet mounts. In the last 3 months or so it's developed a rattle in the right rear. At first I thought it was the usual airbag or trunk key receiver mount noise. After tearing the interior out and dampening everything in sight; the rattle was still there. So, today I pulled the right rear shock and mount and reinstalled the factory shock/mount. The noise is gone now. I contacted TJ at Steeda to see what they can do for me as I don't want to have to buy a new pair of mounts if just the one is bad. I will be disassembling the Steeda set, reassembling and reinstalling to see if that fixes anything. My question is, if I have to, has anyone went from the Steeda back to the factory mount and does it make any real difference in handling on the street. I drive it somewhat hard but not track crazy. Also, this is not a slam on Steeda. They have always provided me with excellent parts and service.
Steeda, will cover that under warranty at no charge.Yes, there is a great improvement in shock control using these mounts, which improve handling.
I will send you a pm.
Thank you,
Steeda Tech

ts03691

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Has anyone else had this issue? I have seen a few comments in other threads as well. I bought these Steeda rear shock mounts a few weeks ago and installed them this week. I have driven less than 50 miles and also was getting a rattle and banging noise from the rear. Pulled the tire off and checked all the bolts and top mount bolt. Put it back together but the noise was still there. So pulled out the shock on the side making the noise. When I unbolted the top mount bolts I could take the shock mount and I could move it side to side. Like it wasn't torqued down. Double checked the torque and the installation (yes the spacer was in the correct spot) but it still did this. So I put the stock mount on and it didn't move at all and after installing it the noise is gone. These are being used with Steeda progressive springs, the non-adjustable pro-actions shocks and the Steeda bump stops. I installed all of this several months ago and all has been silent. The only thing that is being changed now is the shock mounts to try and take some harshness out of the bumps.

Now this post is not to bash on Steeda as I have many of their products installed on my car (in addition to the few listed above). I am sure the customer service in this case will be as excellent as I have experienced in the past as well. So this is not a post being critical of Steeda. But I do have concerns over this part and the fact that I have so few miles on the car before it started making this noise. The first 30 miles it seemed good and I could tell a difference in how harsh the car was over bumps (and no I did not drive over any major bumps or potholes during this time). But the movement in the mount at so few miles has my confidence in the part at near zero. I am sure Steeda will replace the part but I am questioning just returning them. Would like to know if others have had this issue or if the majority of people who own these have thousands of miles on them with no issues?

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I had the nut back out on me on 1 side causing a clunk but it's been fine ever since i re-tightened it. If it happens again, I'm using locktite.

RGV250F3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Lightning Blue , 1983 GT5.0, 1974 Camaro Mighty Mouse 415c.i.SB
2017 GTPP 15,000 miles, 1,200 miles on my Steeda billet rear shock mounts. I installed BMR greasable vertical links at the same time. I am still on stock PP struts and springs. This was a great improvement. I used blue loctite, and a Dewalt 20V 1/2" drive impact on the shock nut. I have no abnormal noises what so ever. Rear suspension is much better, also no more pogo'ing on the high way.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have a rattle / clunk back there at my right rear. I assume its the shock mount, but I haven't taken it off and replaced it with the factory part yet to verify. The other side is quiet.

ts03691

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the input. Will try the replacement and if it happens again will just eat the cost of these and go with something else.

ts03691

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Have to say this is the one time I haven't been impressed with Steeda customer service. I have to pay to ship these back and then they will send me a new part. Wish I went with another brand this time.

ts03691

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Sorry didn't intend to hijack your thread. Just wanted to correct my last post. I did get a follow up call from Steeda after making that post. They did say they would cover the cost of shipping if I wanted to exchange this part and talked through all the issues that can be problematic during the install. Very helpful and was in-line with my past experiences with Steeda customer support. Like I stated in my prior posts I didn't post my question to bash Steeda so wanted to update my last post that was critical this time of the support. Now I will quit taking this thread over and return you to your regular scheduled programming.

OP
OP
Badpony

Badpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB V6
I just want to update this. Steeda was very quick to address the problem. They sent me the new mount, no questions asked. I got it installed and all is right with the world again
Sponsored