Ford Racing ProCal Tune

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I will let you know soon over the next 2-3 weeks. I have the tune, just coordinating to get a dealer to install.

End of the month I am getting ATM intercooler and 1 step colder NGK 6510’s installed.

@sganow are you driving mostly in D or S?
You will love the intercooler
Sponsored

Reactions: Cxp

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
Mostly in S.
In the meantime drive it like you stole it and it should drive smooth. I've noticed the car does not like it when you press the throttle, then back off, and get on again. The more deliberate you can be the better. Also, if it feels hesitant, don't back off, give it more :)

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
I am learning how the Procal3 software works before flashing my vehicle with the Ford Performance Power Pack Upgrade Stage 2 software.
I have some doubts:
-Can I download the tune to a pc without being connected to the car?
-Should I move the "Octane Adjust" switch to on?
-Should I move the "Profile Learning" switch to on?
-If the battery is fully charged, is it absolutely necessary to connect a battery charger?

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
I am learning how the Procal3 software works before flashing my vehicle with the Ford Performance Power Pack Upgrade Stage 2 software.
I have some doubts:
-Can I download the tune to a pc without being connected to the car?
-Should I move the "Octane Adjust" switch to on?
-Should I move the "Profile Learning" switch to on?
-If the battery is fully charged, is it absolutely necessary to connect a battery charger?
The software will only download if you are connected to car - this ensures you match the right file for your VIN. I wouldn’t worry about Octane Adjust or Profile Learning. You don’t need a battery charger, just have a good charge on it.

Absolutely make sure your PC doesn’t go to sleep during the flash and don’t close the software or do anything to interrupt it. It only takes 5 min to flash so not a big deal.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Anyone know if there's been an update to the original tune for 15/16? I know there was 1 a couple months after it was first released but any since then?

Maybe someone with fresh experience with the tool might know off-hand how I can simply plug in and check? I do remember that you have to be connected to the car but don't remember what all you had to do.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I got my ford tune last week 17 model, but I didn’t use the gt350 cai ford perf told me I could use kn drop in filter and keep warranty.

If pulls perfectly now, zero wants for anything more. Getting a dyno Friday out of curiosity on a mustang dyno to see what about I’m pushing

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Here was my dyno run on mustang dyno today

17 ecoboost, 3.31 gearing, 5th gear manual dyno. Non performance pack, speed limited to 120.

Idk if that impacted my numbers at all. But here are my numbers with ford performance tune + stock airbox and drop in kn filter.

I sold the cai. Just liked stock cold box look more.

If the number difference between mustang dynos being 10% lower than dynojet is true I should be roughly 292hp and 411tq at wheels
F69F4B2B-E99B-4D4A-985B-75DFCB3F0148.jpeg
B9BDABBA-F3AA-41ED-8F8D-E26244DA7A41.jpeg

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Something isn't right with that graph. The HP peak on the 2.3 Ecoboost motor is about 5500 rpm, your graph is showing 4200 rpm. The torque peak is much lower than what the engine does.

I have a 17 with the FP tune and it pulls hard to 6000 rpm.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
My speed limitor kicks in 120mph. And I’m 3.31 gearing. It hit 120 and just plummets, hard cut off

my car pulls hard on the street all way to 6k, but the dyno it won’t show its full range due to the power cut off. So oh well, not dynoing again.

The car continues to pull on street way past those numbers but I’m not going 120 either at those speeds

krack999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
The car also may have not fully learned the octane yet. It won't fully perform if you just flash it and head to the dyno. It must learn the octane.

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
My speed limitor kicks in 120mph. And I’m 3.31 gearing. It hit 120 and just plummets, hard cut off

my car pulls hard on the street all way to 6k, but the dyno it won’t show its full range due to the power cut off. So oh well, not dynoing again.

The car continues to pull on street way past those numbers but I’m not going 120 either at those speeds
So, why couldn't you dyno in 3rd gear where you wouldn't hit the speed limiter?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
So, why couldn't you dyno in 3rd gear where you wouldn't hit the speed limiter?
because then the slope of the graph wouldn't be comparable to anything else on the planet.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had my tune for weeks, it pulls like a freight train. Not too concerned about numbers, if it won’t read right due to limitor then, oh well.

I’m happy knowing or not. I tried to find them out

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
because then the slope of the graph wouldn't be comparable to anything else on the planet.
3rd gear would have a final drive somewhere in the 5's, but a fourth of 1.238:1 works out to a pretty common 4.10:1 final drive. Seems like you should be able to compensate for any gear in the setup.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

Not sure what is up with the dyno plot, but nothing is right with it...

And it doesnt matter what mph, but the mere fact you don't even hit 5,250rpms at all and seem to have a crossover point instead, at 4250rpms. Doesnt add up.
Sponsored