Sponsored

2020 Mustang EcoBoost High Performance Package Reviews Roundup

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
A fully loaded HPP will always outhandle a GT, because it has the same suspension, just 200lbs lighter in the front. The 2.3 high performance optioned Mustangs have better balance, too...

The only difference between the HPP and PP1 Mustangs, is power delivery...
(ie: gen3 yote/2.3hpo).
Historically the EB PP brought the EB on par with the GT for handling and brake parts but not to the GT/PP. I doubt that's changed given the packaging. Doesn't mean that those parts may not yield equal or better handling. But the parts aren't all the same. Add the EB Handling Package and then you're somewhere between the GT PP and PP2.
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I did say fully loaded (ie: optioned).

I see no reason to own a Mustang without magneride, therefore any comparison will include equally optioned Mustang. And given that, the HPP is 200lbs lighter and has the same suspension as the GT upgrade, then it will perform better.

The HPP even has euro rotors, for better stopping. I look forward to seeing them head to head...

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Some of you guys must be smoking some really good shit.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
The HPP even has euro rotors, for better stopping.
Your BMW terminology is spilling out.

I don't remember any S550 having "euro rotors" IE, 2 piece floaters. All I've read is this car has the 4 piston continental calipers and 13.9" rotors from the base mustang GT, same as a EB/PP car.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Your BMW terminology is spilling out.

I don't remember any S550 having "euro rotors" IE, 2 piece floaters. All I've read is this car has the 4 piston continental calipers and 13.9" rotors from the base mustang GT, same as a EB/PP car.

Nobody is asking you to remember anything.

The actual surface that the brake pads touch (ie: ROTORS) are physically different than the ones on the base ecoboost. (Made of a different material/metal.) Carl is the one who mentioned euro-style brake material, for better stopping power and less fade. And I am sure he mentioned the rotors come from a European supplier... specifically for the HPP.
Sponsored

Last edited: