Status
Not open for further replies.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Interesting editorial, but when read objectively, not sure "journalist's" words match the editorialist's opinion, regardless to who is actually right:

“There is a Deep State, there is a bureaucracy in our country who has pledged to respect the Constitution, respect the rule of law.”
They aren't elected.

LOL, guess we know why sleepy joe said the Chinese weren't so bad.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/...-down-from-chinese-board-in-bid-to-fight-back
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
They aren't elected.
True, though they swear the same oath to the Constitution as military officers, which seems to be the basis for journalist's quote. The editorialist then extrapolates an "if-then statement" to conclude that the journalist agrees with him.

My only point is that these articles may be helpful in pointing us toward something to look into further for ourselves, but by themselves they don't tell us anything useful. In fact, they are misleading.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
The right is full of conspiracy theories but short on proof or indictments.

Has Hillary been locked up yet? Any indictments for Hunter Biden yet? Or Joe?

No there is not. But I believe Ruddy Giuliani is soon to be. He is fair game. He is a civilian. And the FBI got his two Russian cohorts! Before they tried to leave the country.

The truth about the Ukrainian call is going to come out. “We need a favor”

What a corrupt SOB. Lock him up!!
Not gonna happen !!
tenor.gif

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Fox News pollster Braun Research misrepresented impeachment poll: analysis

https://nypost.com/2019/10/12/fox-n...rch-misrepresented-impeachment-poll-analysis/
That was obvious when I first saw the poll. Like many polls, it was floated out there to try to change public opinion rather than with the purpose of informing us what public opinion really is.

Interesting to me that Fox published this extremely biased poll. Was this their idea of being "fair and balanced"?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
"Unmarked bills?" Sounds spooky.

How the money was paid is irrelevant. Agree or disagree with the approach, the deal was transparent: the U.S. paid Iran back for weapons sales that were pending when they took our hostages--with interest. The logic was also clear: Iran would no longer be able to use U.S. "debt" as leverage. As for impact, this is probably a better source for drawing that conclusion than the one above:

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/RS/RS20871/299

4 Nov 1979, 24 Apr 1980, and 23 Oct 1983 mean as much to me as 7 Dec 1941 and 11 Sep 2001--even more as 23 Oct approaches each year. Nevertheless, if "We the People" are to effectively govern ourselves per our principles, then objective facts matter.
Your comments are off topic. Do you think that paying Iran a bunch of money is a good strategy? Did it work to get them on our side? Did we get concessions from them that make all the difference in our current relationship?

I'm saying that Obama did a crappy job with foreign policy and Trump has been doing much better. Obama was out of his league trying to negotiate with world leaders.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Your comments are off topic. Do you think that paying Iran a bunch of money is a good strategy? Did it work to get them on our side? Did we get concessions from them that make all the difference in our current relationship?

I'm saying that Obama did a crappy job with foreign policy and Trump has been doing much better. Obama was out of his league trying to negotiate with world leaders.
I could care less about the President Obama vs. President Trump debate, because it's meaningless to the health of our nation.

1. The U.S. didn't pay Iran a bunch of money. The U.S. returned some of the money we owed Iran from the pre-revolution days. As I'm sure you recall, President H. W. Bush paid a portion back around 1990 and before that, even while assets were frozen, we provided weapons to get money for our fight in Nicaragua and El Salvador. So, this was closing an old deal. I don't think it was a good or bad strategy; I understand the logic of it. "Don't try to talk to me about making a deal about anything if you owe me money." "OK, here's your money; now what leverage do you have?"

2. No American president (post-Shah) has ever been naive enough to think we could get the Iranians on our side. So, that's not useful question.

3. It's not about the relationship. It's about behavior. To date, we (the U.S.) have never been consistent enough long enough to determine what will work. The last approach may or may not have been effective--no one will ever know. So far, the current approach has not proven effective--maybe that will change in the years ahead.

So, back to my point--that article is full of 1/2 truths and lies of omission that do absolutely nothing to inform American citizens.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
CNN outed, anyone shocked, LOL.

Sponsored

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Our money, like play money.

tumblr_pzbvkpusmj1wew3ixo1_1280-jpg.jpg

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Draining the swamp is an ongoing event....let's keep it flowing

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
If you took the hair that comes down Trump’s left side sideburn area, and you combed it straight down. It would be a foot and a half long!

How much hairspray does he use?

Does anyone remember the comic strip Dennis the Menace? That’s who Trump looks like.

He has the skin tone the color of a Cheeto but his eyelids are pink!!

And based on expert photo analysis, the President is wearing 44 waist trousers.

I don’t believe there is anything... anything Trump could do or say, to change any of you supporters minds!

Like he said, he could shoot someone dead in downtown Manhattan and never lose a vote.

Last edited:

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Trump’s buddy Putin is doing a victory lap in the Middle East. Russia won. The US bailed!

I wonder if the Kurds will ever help the US again?

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
If you took the hair that comes down Trump’s left side sideburn area, and you combed it straight down. It would be a foot and a half long!

How much hairspray does he use?

Does anyone remember the comic strip Dennis the Menace? That’s who Trump looks like.

He has the skin tone the color of a Cheeto but his eyelids are pink!!

And based on expert photo analysis, the President is wearing 44 waist trousers.

I don’t believe there is anything... anything Trump could do or say, to change any of you supporters minds!

Like he said, he could shoot someone dead in downtown Manhattan and never lose a vote.
Sound like a hater bro!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.