Sponsored

Why are superchargers the prefer choice over turbochargers in the mustang comunity?

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
LOL at this thread. So much misinformation it's actually entertaining.
Sponsored

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Superchargers are easier to install than turbos. They require very little maintenance and is almost an idiot proof setup then tuned correctly.

Turbos on the other hand are harder to install and need to be checked and maintained to some degree more than superchargers. How much is debatable but I think most will agree with more.

That said turbos are basically free power compared to a supercharger.

If a super charger consumes 10% of engine horsepower to drive it
900 flywheel hp = 1000 hp on crank.

Turbo doesn’t have that problem.
1000 flywheel = 1000 hp on crank.

If you want to go fast turbo is the ticket.
If you want to set it and forget it get a supercharger.

Sponsored

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
Please explain where is the misinformation.
Thanks for helping.
I know I’m wondering the same thing. Most of the information being said is on point. Turbocharging a Mustang is more complex because of the excessive plumbing. It wasn’t engineered with turbos in mind. You will have to switch out the stock headers, or can’t use long tubes. I always thought it’s better to put a turbo upgrade on a car that is already turbocharged from the factory.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
I know I’m wondering the same thing. Most of the information being said is on point. Turbocharging a Mustang is more complex because of the excessive plumbing. It wasn’t engineered with turbos in mind. You will have to switch out the stock headers, or can’t use long tubes. I always thought it’s better to put a turbo upgrade on a car that is already turbocharged from the factory.
im going twin turbo.....seems the guys going supercharger arent making big power compared to turbos so the money spend evens out.

the only other company i would even entertain over a turbo is vmp. All my friends have vmp’s so this is also more of a “being different” kinda mod im lucky to be able to afford. (But in reality its not that more expensive)

and what does more plumbingmean? Have you watched a video on putting a roots style blower on? Its almost the same amount of work. Turbos depend on what kit you get, some can leave the stock exhaust manifolds....that there is a huge chunk of time removed from the install. LPF says their kits can install in 4-6 hours because they are oil-less turbos.

all you centrifugal guys can keep your cassette players and denim motley cru patched jackets to match your acid washed jeans......

lx347cd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT and 2003 Cobra
with the latest mid mount sleeper kits which hellion makes vs the latest Whipple kit - I would have to say the Turbo kit is an easier install. Now if it was the regular top mounted turbo kit I would have to agree with most that the turbo kit will be a bit more to install. I just finished my Whipple Stage 2 kit and it took me 25 hrs by myself. I took my time though. Most shops could do it in 10-15 hrs.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
all you centrifugal guys can keep your cassette players and denim motley cru patched jackets to match your acid washed jeans......
Ill trade ya a Motley Crue patch. For your Taylor Swift tank top. My daughter’s birthday is coming up.:wink:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
There were bound to be butthurt turbo guys in here. Smh
Dudes got nothing right now. And his feelings are hurt over something he might get?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
im going twin turbo.....seems the guys going supercharger arent making big power compared to turbos so the money spend evens out.

the only other company i would even entertain over a turbo is vmp. All my friends have vmp’s so this is also more of a “being different” kinda mod im lucky to be able to afford. (But in reality its not that more expensive)

and what does more plumbingmean? Have you watched a video on putting a roots style blower on? Its almost the same amount of work. Turbos depend on what kit you get, some can leave the stock exhaust manifolds....that there is a huge chunk of time removed from the install. LPF says their kits can install in 4-6 hours because they are oil-less turbos.

Hey you watch your mouth. Guns N Roses is where it's at. LOL

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Hey you watch your mouth. Guns N Roses is where it's at. LOL
That however is a t-shirt. I won’t trade. Trocadero Theatre 1987. Appetite for Destruction.:rockon:

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
There were bound to be butthurt turbo guys in here. Smh
Im not butthurt......just giving out facts. You centrifugal guys like making power from 7000-8500rpm band...... roots/tvms/etc etc make way better power.
Sponsored