Sponsored

2019 ZL1 is 3,883 pounds--I was surprised today..........

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
The GT500s power to weight ratio is 5.52. The ZL1 is 5.97. I can't wait to see this fight.
Power to weight ratio becomes tricky when the cars start turning into a corner. It becomes more of a how wide and grippy the tires are and how heavy is the damn thing lol
Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
So today I was getting an oil change for my "Daily Driver" and I had about 40 minutes to kill so I went wandering around the showroom floor of my local Chevy Store. On the showroom was a very good looking 2019 ZL1 Camaro all decked out. So being a curious guy I googled the weight on that Bad Boy and it came up at 3,883 pounds. If my memory is still working today it seems that our 2020 Shelby GT 500's come in at something like 4,225. Now Iam at a disadvantage to many of you as "I have not seen the new Shelby in person yet". But I can tell you that I was inches away from the Camaro on the floor and the one thing that stood out to atleast me is that this car is BIG. So Iam still scratching my head as to WHY the Shelby comes in at 342 more pounds than our cars do??? Iam getting the "Base Car" not the CFTP car. Just my honest observation today.
A base model manual ZL1 1LE scales around 3830 lbs and auto 10 speed around 3850 lbs. It comes with back seat and removal of the back seat will save you 30 lbs.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Power to weight ratio becomes tricky when the cars start turning into a corner. It becomes more of a how wide and grippy the tires are and how heavy is the damn thing lol
Conservation of momentum is a bitch.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Now you're just an a$$hole. Plenty of people can afford a GT500 but don't want one. I truly do hope that it exceeds expectations, but I also know a few things about physics and vehicle dynamics. Mass is never a good thing, unless you are a train.
90% of people complaining have past posts of not being able to afford certain basic bolt ons with reg GT. If im an asshole, its because im stating the obvious and speaking facts.

And can u explain how bumblebees fly? Oh, it transcends physics with brute force over mathematical calculations? How interesting... i guess those with better backgrounds in physics on the GT500 program could teach ya something.. if u were willing to learn :)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Well I’m sure you’ll agree. That the GT500 will steal the ZL1’s lunch money in a straight line. Now as far as turns go. I’m hopeful that the massive tires and brakes that are part of the package. Were well engineered to the mass of the car. As much as I’d love to see a 3500 pound GT500. I think those days are over. I will continue to lement the passing of light weight pony cars. And will most likely be called a troll for doing so.

Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
Well I’m sure you’ll agree. That the GT500 will steal the ZL1’s lunch money in a straight line. Now as far as turns go. I’m hopeful that the massive tires and brakes that are part of the package. Were well engineered to the mass of the car. As much as I’d love to see a 3500 pound GT500. I think those days are over. I will continue to lement the passing of light weight pony cars. And will most likely be called a troll for doing so.
Yup no more lightweight muscle cars. Infact, if they go hybrid in the future, with additional safety requirements, the weight will be keep going up. I do agree on the straight line performance. GT500 should be able to dominate the ZL1 but what I don’t get it is why the GT500 has the same size tires as the GT350R. Is the new compound that sticky to justify the weight difference of 3630 lbs vs 4200 lbs? I would have expected 335’s even 355’s in the back of that beast.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Yup no more lightweight muscle cars. Infact, if they go hybrid in the future, with additional safety requirements, the weight will be keep going up. I do agree on the straight line performance. GT500 should be able to dominate the ZL1 but what I don’t get it is why the GT500 has the same size tires as the GT350R. Is the new compound that sticky to justify the weight difference of 3630 lbs vs 4200 lbs? I would have expected 335’s even 355’s in the back of that beast.
Not the same size. Same width maybe, but more contact patch.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
oh gee! And Shelby has ALREADY sold 1000 horsepower Mustangs! Both s197 and s550 models.

Not a crate engine... actual Mustang!

oh snap!
There goes your... whatever that was.

come on dude, you’re making this too easy. But really your penchant for forum self-harm is really uncomfortable to watch. Seek immediate help.
Shelby America did NOT Factory Fords.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow. You just keeping digging that hole deeper and deeper.

I guess you know nothing about the 2003 Cobra. It was codenamed Terminator for a reason and it did exactly that. Was even faster than the same year Corvette from the factory.

And... guess what? It came with IRS! So IT ALREADY feels like a spaceship! It was the first Pony Car to have independent rear suspension. The Tremec 6 speed and the supercharged engine are no joke either. The car takes to mods like no tomorrow. Not bad for a nearly 17 year old car.

please stop embarrassing yourself by publicly posting your lack of knowledge on just about anything, including the historical Mustang lineup. It’s really awkward, especially when you are trying to prove a point using an obviously impotent understanding of that which you attempt to ridicule. You just end up looking foolish.

I advised you the last time you publicly humiliated yourself to put the shovel away. It’s really doing you no good and doesn’t further the discussion in any meaningful way.
Tell me again how awesome your "terminator" is. When did this turn into a cobra or mod motor forum? Quite frankly I dont think many around here being a 6th gen forum give a damn about an old SN95. Your ignorance assuming Ive never heard of a damn "Cobra" is comical.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby America did NOT Factory Fords.
I love it when idiots like you think Cobra = Shelby = GT500 LOL.

Pretty pathetic when you dont know the difference of a Shelby America car and what came off the line at Ford as OEM.

NOT something off the line and sent to Shelby America for upgrades. Then claim youre a mustang expert.....

Apparently not.

Sponsored

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
The engine weighs less (perks of having only ONE cam shaft, and 16 valves. Smaller heads, camshafts in the Mustang weight 6 - 7 lbs each, less springs, less valves, less rockers, less everything and less valvetrain adds up).
Coyote actually weighs less, at least from what I can find after a quick google. Coyote dry weight 444 lbs, LT1 465 lbs (although don't know if that's wet or dry).

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Coyote actually weighs less, at least from what I can find after a quick google. Coyote dry weight 444 lbs, LT1 465 lbs (although don't know if that's wet or dry).
This surprised me at first, but after a search I see that it makes sense because the LT1 has an iron engine block.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That's dry but with a dry sump system as well. Without it, it's in the 430's dry.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
90% of people complaining have past posts of not being able to afford certain basic bolt ons with reg GT. If im an asshole, its because im stating the obvious and speaking facts.

And can u explain how bumblebees fly? Oh, it transcends physics with brute force over mathematical calculations? How interesting... i guess those with better backgrounds in physics on the GT500 program could teach ya something.. if u were willing to learn :)
Would never even consider getting into a Camaro but as far as the "if you have something bad to say about the GT500 you can't afford one". That is just plain ridiculous. Plain and simple I wouldn't want one due to the "you take the DCT or screw you philosophy of Ford." Price has nothing to do with it. All I can say is if you want to buy one good for you. But enough of the "you must not be able to afford it crap!" As it is it's overweight and late to the party at the least!
Sponsored