swapping the GT350 rear valance onto my GT Premium

Viper32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustabg GT Convertible
I recently bought a nice used Oem GT 350 lower valance and installed it on. My GT. Yep I had to cut the painted lower section out of my GT premium bumper. It was simple. I did not use the fake exhaust tip bezels from the gt 350 valance. I already had Roush Axel backs with clamp on single tips on my '15. I searched and found a pair of clamp on quad tips on eBay that were actually for a Subaru but the perfect sizes I needed. I had to cut some of the length off of the fronts of the tips where they contact the muffler's because they ended up a tad too long once installed. I clamped them on and presto it worked out with the Gt350 valance.
IMG_20190914_134525732_HDR.jpg
Do you have a link to the tips you purchased?
Sponsored

Silveryote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Do you have a link to the tips you purchased?
I can do that but I'm away from my computer right now and can't figure it out on my phone. Lol

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I recently bought a nice used Oem GT 350 lower valance and installed it on. My GT. Yep I had to cut the painted lower section out of my GT premium bumper. It was simple. I did not use the fake exhaust tip bezels from the gt 350 valance. I already had Roush Axel backs with clamp on single tips on my '15. I searched and found a pair of clamp on quad tips on eBay that were actually for a Subaru but the perfect sizes I needed. I had to cut some of the length off of the fronts of the tips where they contact the muffler's because they ended up a tad too long once installed. I clamped them on and presto it worked out with the Gt350 valance.
IMG_20190914_134525732_HDR.jpg
How did you get the fake tips off the valance? I removed the two upper and lower screws, as well as the hex bolt middle bottom... Still will not come off... Last thing I want to do it break it ;-)

Silveryote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
How did you get the fake tips off the valance? I removed the two upper and lower screws, as well as the hex bolt middle bottom... Still will not come off... Last thing I want to do it break it ;-)
The tips we're already removed when I bought the valance. I have them stored away so if I decide to sell the valance later they'll go with it.

Sponsored

Silveryote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Thanks, look forward to the link.
I will soon buddy. Hopefully later today. My wife has been in the hospital since last Thursday. I haven't been home. Again, hopefully today!

Silveryote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Okay. For anyone interested, these are the tips I used to fit the GT350 valance to my Roush mufflers. As I mentioned in my earlier post they ended up too long and stuck out too far once installed. I cut off as much as possible (probably 2" inches) from the inlet end as I could but still use the original clamps from my Roush mufflers. If you have access to a welder and can weld them to the mufflers, you could probably cut even more off and move them in even farther. Now these work with my Roush mufflers because they "Y" off evenly and spread out equally on the valance.
Good Luck All!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Quad-4-Out...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Another pic for reference:
IMG_20190914_134657697_HDR.jpg

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
To help out, I recently installed the GT350 valance (OEM). I kept the fake tips and installed the GT350 specific corsa exhaust. It will fit, you just need GT reducers in the front of the X pipe instead of the GT350 ones. But will bolt on like any other exhaust.

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Okay. For anyone interested, these are the tips I used to fit the GT350 valance to my Roush mufflers. As I mentioned in my earlier post they ended up too long and stuck out too far once installed. I cut off as much as possible (probably 2" inches) from the inlet end as I could but still use the original clamps from my Roush mufflers. If you have access to a welder and can weld them to the mufflers, you could probably cut even more off and move them in even farther. Now these work with my Roush mufflers because they "Y" off evenly and spread out equally on the valance.
Good Luck All!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Quad-4-Outlet-Single-2-5-Inlet-exhaust-tips-for-Subaru-WRX-STI-Impreza/262601248176?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

FINALLY completed mine! After 2 months of dealing with shipping claim on damaged bumper from eBay got a refund and purchase a new premium bumper.
IMG_20191125_120417889~2.jpg

Silveryote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
FINALLY completed mine! After 2 months of dealing with shipping claim on damaged bumper from eBay got a refund and purchase a new premium bumper.
IMG_20191125_120417889~2.jpg
Looks great

Sponsored

CoolRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just as a side note for anybody who comes across this thread in the future: On my premium '15 i successfully and quite easily married a GT350 rear valance with a Solo Performance cat-back exhaust. Their systems don't have rear mufflers so it is easy for an exhaust shop to fab up some Y connectors to meet the fake exhaust tips in the valance. If you are handy enough, you might even be able to buy a pre-made Y connector and modify it yourself to meet the fake exhaust tips.

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Good Luck All!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Quad-4-Outlet-Single-2-5-Inlet-exhaust-tips-for-Subaru-WRX-STI-Impreza/262601248176?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Silveryote did the GT350 rockers/side skirts fit without issues? I just ordered two used (900 miles) that are same color of my car along with all new clips and fasteners ;-)

Silveryote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Yeah they snapped on just like the GT pieces.
Sponsored