Sponsored

2019 ZL1 is 3,883 pounds--I was surprised today..........

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
The GT500 has some AAA brakes with gigantically epic rotors. That’s where a good chunk of weight comes in. Ford wasn’t messing around in pursuing world class greatness here.

This isn’t the 500 of yesteryear. The old gt500 was a simple brute that got by on power alone.
just want to point out if they really were going world class and wanted to save weight carbon ceramic brakes would’ve been on this. And cars with cheaper price points have them.
I do believe it’s going to be a great car. Not 100k+ great lol, but that’s just my opinion. Ford won’t have a problem selling them.
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
gt500 weighs more because it has more things to keep it faster for longer. put a normal trans, normal brakes, remove a bunch of coolers/fluid other cars DONT DO, you would be well under 4k lbs/

people need to stop reading the magazines. Its not what something weighs, its what it does with that weight, or in spite of it

Gracies were lightweight guys that rocked everyone. Spaceship is feasibly a boat anchor and gets to space. whats that bee thats mathematically impossible to fly, yet does?

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
LOL it IS the 500 of yesteryear......... dont believe me? Just look at those 2015 headlights.

Ive heard some rumblings the reason this cars taken so damn long is the DCT is glass behind 760hp. This a shitload of power behind a DCT meanwhile Dodge is still laughing with their Demons and Redeyes with 8 speed ZFs
speaking of hurt feelings...

headlights? They are the same as the 350. Which is decidedly NOT any Mustang of yesteryear. And yes, they are the same as the 2015-17 Mustang, which is also not the Mustang of yesteryear, with IRS across the board finally. It’s a new era. Better get used to it.

Talking about chassis, suspension, and driveline and you go to... headlights. It’s in line with tour other posts though so not unexpected. Good luck with that in the future. All the best.

and the DCT in the 500 is as stout as they come. Even the very old Bugatti veyron DCT handles over 1000 hp with issue. Not even talking the new ones which work with even more power.

Demons and referee are old hat.

Don’t be sad that the 500 is great. It’s a good thing.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
just want to point out if they really were going world class and wanted to save weight carbon ceramic brakes would’ve been on this. And cars with cheaper price points have them.
I do believe it’s going to be a great car. Not 100k+ great lol, but that’s just my opinion. Ford won’t have a problem selling them.
73+ great then. But it does hint at being 100+ great as well.

I mean if the demon gets props at that price and only does one thing well - and then only with the factory aftermarket kit installed, yeah, I think the 500 deserves even more praise.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
We'll see if the chassis development overcomes the weight. It is very difficult to get something that heavy to turn. I hope Ford performance has really done some magic but physics is physics.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
speaking of hurt feelings...

headlights? They are the same as the 350. Which is decidedly NOT any Mustang of yesteryear. And yes, they are the same as the 2015-17 Mustang, which is also not the Mustang of yesteryear, with IRS across the board finally. It’s a new era. Better get used to it.

Talking about chassis, suspension, and driveline and you go to... headlights. It’s in line with tour other posts though so not unexpected. Good luck with that in the future. All the best.

and the DCT in the 500 is as stout as they come. Even the very old Bugatti veyron DCT handles over 1000 hp with issue. Not even talking the new ones which work with even more power.

Demons and referee are old hat.

Don’t be sad that the 500 is great. It’s a good thing.

Congrats you must have read the 2015 Mustang GT brochure. Judging by the 03 cobra in your vehicle info I bet a S550 GT must feel like a damn spaceship..... LOL.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We'll see if the chassis development overcomes the weight. It is very difficult to get something that heavy to turn. I hope Ford performance has really done some magic but physics is physics.
Unless theyve secretly stuffed the absolute latest and greatest from Multimatic DSSV suspension tech I wont get my hopes up. I dont think Fords version of Magride is going to do.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I keep saying Dodges Marketing department has been laughing at Ford since the 1st Hellcat hit showrooms. Doesnt look like Dodge is done yet either.

Welp about face back to the drawing board Ford. Or Ford will finally release the GT500 and Dodge will put this in showrooms and continue to giggle.

ACR Challenger coming?

https://moparinsiders.com/is-dodge-working-on-a-new-special-edition-challenger/

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I keep saying Dodges Marketing department has been laughing at Ford since the 1st Hellcat hit showrooms. Doesnt look like Dodge is done yet either.

Welp about face back to the drawing board Ford. Or Ford will finally release the GT500 and Dodge will put this in showrooms and continue to giggle.

ACR Challenger coming?

https://moparinsiders.com/is-dodge-working-on-a-new-special-edition-challenger/
Ohh and just think Dodge already offers 1000hp crate engine thatd do pretty nice in that!

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Congrats you must have read the 2015 Mustang GT brochure. Judging by the 03 cobra in your vehicle info I bet a S550 GT must feel like a damn spaceship..... LOL.
Wow. You just keeping digging that hole deeper and deeper.

I guess you know nothing about the 2003 Cobra. It was codenamed Terminator for a reason and it did exactly that. Was even faster than the same year Corvette from the factory.

And... guess what? It came with IRS! So IT ALREADY feels like a spaceship! It was the first Pony Car to have independent rear suspension. The Tremec 6 speed and the supercharged engine are no joke either. The car takes to mods like no tomorrow. Not bad for a nearly 17 year old car.

please stop embarrassing yourself by publicly posting your lack of knowledge on just about anything, including the historical Mustang lineup. It’s really awkward, especially when you are trying to prove a point using an obviously impotent understanding of that which you attempt to ridicule. You just end up looking foolish.

I advised you the last time you publicly humiliated yourself to put the shovel away. It’s really doing you no good and doesn’t further the discussion in any meaningful way.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Ohh and just think Dodge already offers 1000hp crate engine thatd do pretty nice in that!
oh gee! And Shelby has ALREADY sold 1000 horsepower Mustangs! Both s197 and s550 models.

Not a crate engine... actual Mustang!

oh snap!
There goes your... whatever that was.

come on dude, you’re making this too easy. But really your penchant for forum self-harm is really uncomfortable to watch. Seek immediate help.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
here we go with the poors and trolls again.. we must be getting close :)

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2019 Ford Raptor 2018 Cadillac Escalade
I owned a 2017 ZL1 non LE with a 10 speed auto and the car handled insanely well and the 10 speed was 100% spot on. It weighed under 3900 LBS and if they put the LT5 in it next year to compete with the GT500 it will unfortunately kill it on paper and on the track. That being said, the car sucked visibility wise, the seats where painful and It didn’t sound as good as my Mustang GT with a Roush supercharger and X pipe. The GT500 looks awesome, makes huge power and will be rare. However, I’ll take my 2019 GT customized with its own supercharger, suspension mods, wheels and tires all day long for the $$$. By the way, the hellcat is no faster and it corners like a pick up truck lol.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
the poors
Now you're just an a$$hole. Plenty of people can afford a GT500 but don't want one. I truly do hope that it exceeds expectations, but I also know a few things about physics and vehicle dynamics. Mass is never a good thing, unless you are a train.
Sponsored