Mustang vs Camaro vs Challenger

Robracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost with performance package
I have enjoyed all this smack talk, it all started in 1965 54 years ago when Ford Introduce the Mustang and then GM and Chrysler introduced their Pony cars, that's when the PONY CAR WARS began, Its great to see that it's still going on, but back in the day all the smack was about who made the fastest car nothing about who had power windows, the dash is ugly, seats look funny, radio is only AM, arm rest, ETC. you get the idea, when the smack talk started no one got mad, everyone went and had a drag race to prove which was the fasted car.
How times have changed, wars are still going on but now everybody gets on the internet and bad mouth each others brand choice. and have not proved a dam thing, It should be called internet PONY CAR WARS. let me tell you the best one is the one you enjoy!
Also don't put Corvettes with pony cars Its a SPORTS CAR and in a league by its self.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lancer37

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I recently bought a 2017 Mustang. Just the base V6; I really enjoy the combination of power and gas mileage, and I love how the car looks inside and out. I also test drove a few Camaros of similar year (also V6). I figured I could have lived with the visibility issues on the Camaro, but two concerns I had were 1) The possibility of carbon buildup on the valves due to direct injection on the Camaro and 2) How 'squirrelly' (sp?) ALL the Camaros were on the freeway. Our freeways are concrete with longitudinal grooves, and some cars do better than others at avoiding tramlining... I was impressed with the Mustangs that I drove. The Camaros, not so much; they would have driven me crazy if I had bought one.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I thought dodge had poor fit and finish and build quality and while they do, the mustang is worse I think

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan
I thought dodge had poor fit and finish and build quality and while they do, the mustang is worse I think
no way. I got a dodge and a mustang. The mustang is way nicer

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Having just bought a Bullitt and cross shopped against a Camaro, Challenger and Charger I was surprised by how different the reality of the cars were from the reviews/magazines/youtubes.

Firstly I'm not a small guy 6'4" with a long back so comfort was a serious consideration.

The Camaro, visibility was terrible, in 4 hours of driving I never "settled" in the car. Looks lovely, I really like it, but no.

The Charger, 4 door sedan in scat pack form was fun to drive but the interior was appalling, but good to drive, comfortable, could hustle and made it to the maybe list

The Challenger was seriously disappointing, Its bigger than the Mustang but in reality when I had the seat adjusted I still struggled with how low the roof line was at the front, I had to bend down if looking out under the rear view mirror, the side mirrors take up a lot of real estate out the side window and despite its significant size advantage there wasn't much more room in the rear between the seat back and rear cushion, but way more headroom. The manual gear box was sweet, so too the clutch and once you got beyond the driving a big barge feeling, I settled in fast and got comfortable with the car very quickly and was making progress within minutes of leaving the dealership. However. The sunroof meant no matter what, I was hitting my head off the roof and the only way to get one without a sunroof, was a factory order delivery sometime late August early September. so alas no.

Tried the Mustang with no real expectation of fitting comfortably and surprise surprise, better visibility than the other 2 coupes (the charger is better still) fit in easily, got acquainted with the car fast. Clutch was weird (helper spring I learned later) and the gearbox is notchy but otherwise I got comfortable real fast.

Tried a GT, California and Bullitt hoping that the Bullitt would be best, and for me it was by a mile. :)

John

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah I had the Charger and Challenger. Will say the Challenger and 5.0 make are my top 2. If I had to pick between the two it’ll be a tough call, might give a very (a very) slight edge to the mustang.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I had the Charger and Challenger. Will say the Challenger and 5.0 make are my top 2. If I had to pick between the two it’ll be a tough call, might give a very (a very) slight edge to the mustang.
I basically feel the same way. Love the Chally, but for me the Mustang provided more bang for the buck and I rarely have passenger(s). If I did have passengers on the regular, I would have definitely got the Chally... maybe even a Charger. The Mustang and Chally are awesome looking cars, IMHO.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I really like the Challenger as well. If trips to the road course weren't very high on my priority list I would own a Challenger instead of a Mustang.

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan