Sponsored

Heavy feeling clutch after long highway driving. Normal?

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Mine actually did this tonight for the first time. I'm making 456hp though so maybe it's going out.
Sponsored

sonofoldcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT premium manual 50th trim package
Drove car 1000 miles to colorado springs from Minnesota and 1000 back after turbo install and had no problem with clutch or pedal feel.

OP
OP

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Drove car 1000 miles to colorado springs from Minnesota and 1000 back after turbo install and had no problem with clutch or pedal feel.
How many miles do you have on the car? Mine didn't start acting up until I got to 18-20k miles or so.

sonofoldcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT premium manual 50th trim package
Left with 15k now has over 17,000

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
Somewhat old thread, but my 2015 GT PP essentially bone stock does this. Has done it since I got it brand new. I'm just waiting for this MT82 business to go belly up on me any day, especially given that I'm a sh** manual driver (not the worst but with that clutch assist spring popping my foot up suddenly, I'm sure I'm not so easy on the clutch).

Sponsored

OP
OP

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Somewhat old thread, but my 2015 GT PP essentially bone stock does this. Has done it since I got it brand new. ...
Somewhat good to know I suppose. I'm nearing 30K, still does it on every highway trip, but also haven't had a single issue with the tranny this whole time.

(not the worst but with that clutch assist spring popping my foot up suddenly, I'm sure I'm not so easy on the clutch).
And do yourself a favor and just get rid of that stupid spring, or replace with a steeda one if you want a little more piece of mind. I haven't had the spring in over 25k miles now :D

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Somewhat good to know I suppose. I'm nearing 30K, still does it on every highway trip, but also haven't had a single issue with the tranny this whole time.

And do yourself a favor and just get rid of that stupid spring, or replace with a steeda one if you want a little more piece of mind. I haven't had the spring in over 25k miles now :D
Just makes me nervous to mess with it. I keep thinking maybe I'll finally figure out how to relearn a stick shift! My girlfriend's head is like a bobble doll's head, just whipping around as I try to drive smoothly around the mega-congested DC area.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i dont seem to have this problem but to those of you that do...do you still have your clutch assist spring installed or is it removed? i remember reading up on the assist spring before i put in the steeda spring and someone mentioned the possibility of ruining the clutch master cylinder or the slave cylinder from the pedal not coming back up all the way. i have no idea if that would be what is wrong or not but just thought id throw it out there.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i dont seem to have this problem but to those of you that do...do you still have your clutch assist spring installed or is it removed?
Bone stock here, except a CAI, but it did this before the intake so no connection.

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I started having this problem 2 days ago, anyone figure out what the cause is?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
I started having this problem 2 days ago, anyone figure out what the cause is?
Not that I know of. What's your mileage at?

And to add to the mystery, my car actually stopped doing this entirely in the last few months and is back to normal. I'm at around 37k miles now.

I wonder if it's the colder temperatures... though if your car is doing this now in the winter, maybe it's not?

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have about 13k miles on it now. The times it has done it the temps were In the 70's so its not the cold weather. Maybe I'll get lucky and mine will just stop like yours did.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My car doesn't do this. Check to see if you have a heat shield on your clutch line. You should.

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
My car doesn't do this. Check to see if you have a heat shield on your clutch line. You should.
Bringing this thread back from the dead. Just started to notice this on my 16 gt. Seems to be more prevalent when it is hotter outside. Anyone find a root cause?