FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg. 18 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 16 Lexus IS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
My right front tire was a whole degree more negative than the left on factory alignment
Curious to see how the dealer fixes the Camber on a Vehicle without camber plates.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I haven't in the past but plan to have alignment checked on future new cars. The shop I use advertises free checks so I imagine many do. I'm sure its a one time per person offer, so may need to shop around eventually.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Curious to see how the dealer fixes the Camber on a Vehicle without camber plates.
I didn’t even ask, but I had to replace front PSS by 12k because the inner tire was down deep into the threads while there was still legal tread on the outside. I wanted 5k more out of them... luckily I parked one day with the tires turned and noticed before catastrophic failure.

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
I’ve said this dozens of times.
Everything I’ve purchased from Ford in the last decade needed an alignment right off the truck.
Trucks, Fusion, GT500, GT350, and 19 GT. All of them had shit alignment.
I just lay for a lifetime alignment at Firestone, and I’m good to go, even after suspension mods.
Could this be true? Never experienced this. Maybe the alignment shop was off and the vehicles were on?

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I am pretty sure he meant toe, camber is not adjustable from factory. I pulled 2 degrees of camber with camber bolts... My R is at about 1.2-1.3 degrees of negative camber from factory both sides, almost zero toe... so not too bad, but not enough for track.

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg. 18 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 16 Lexus IS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
No I meant Camber, Our cars are not equipped with any kind of camber adjustments unless aftermarket camber bolts are installed. Unless you have a Newer GT350 that has adjustable camber plates installed. What does the dealer do? Call the customer and tell them they have to put aftermarket parts on a factory car because the camber was out off the assembly line? LOL

DylanICON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350, 19 Raptor, 17 Raptor, 11 Raptor, 96 Toyota LandCruiser
my 18 was at 0 toe new. I tried putting just a scratch of toe in as an experiment to see if tramlining was reduced. it did help a bit but not world changing. for track this would not be desirable however.
I haven't done it myself, but the bolts from the strut to the spindle have some slop and depending on how you tighten them you will get a variance in camber.
when I loaned my car to Eibach spring to do some test fitting they redid the alignment for me and maxed out the camber with all stock components like this and as I recall it was about .75 more.
On F-150's the lower A-arm is in a slotted hole in the frame. There are no cam bolts, they just fixture the alignment to spec and tighten down the bolts in the slot.

OP
OP
CaptainUnderpants

CaptainUnderpants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
UPDATE - I put on new tires and had the car aligned I was very happy with shop. They knew what the hell they were doing. Front Left tire that wore out prematurely on the inside had too much toe out. This caused the premature wear.

I got 15k miles out of the 1st set with a bad alignment. I am likely to get 20k out of the next set.

Last edited:

Guard GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
UPDATE - I put on new tires and had the car aligned I was very happy with shop. They knew what the hell they were doing. Front Left tire that wore out prematurely on the inside had too much toe out. This caused the premature wear.

I got 15k miles out of the 1st set with a bad alignment. I am likely to get 20k out of the next set.
Awesome news! Exciting when the issue is an easy fix.

I'm just settling into a 2016 GT. 9.6k miles purchased, now at 13k noticed rear tires cupping/feathering. Alignment seems to have done the trick. Hoping it preserves those nice Pirelli tires.

Sponsored

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, I’ve purchased 9 new Ford cars and trucks off the lot since moving to Virginia and every one of them needed to be aligned to be within factory specs, the trucks where generally worse than the cars though.

OP
OP
CaptainUnderpants

CaptainUnderpants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
Further Update - More good news. Tramlining now appears to be minimal or even non existent. Not sure what eliminated the tramlining but now it is mostly gone. It could be.

1) The new PS4's are better than the OEM Pilot Sports
2) Correcting the excess tow out.
3) It is just my perception, as new tires are being compared to worn out ones, and tramlining will slowly creep back as tires wear.

Either way, the lightness in the handling is a pleasure.
Sponsored

Last edited: