Sponsored

Info on guys reviewing the GT500 in San Fran

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I don’t actually think we’ll have any numbers once the embargo is lifted. It’ll be driving impressions with journalists. 3 laps on a track and maybe 10-15 min on the road.

Instrument tests - highly doubt it.
Sponsored

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
wow. another C8 thread. im soo happy to read about the next honda civic of american cars.

Its almost like Ford themselves have stated they want the reviewers to show what the car can do, rather than post some #s up.

( IE Thats exactly what they said they wanted to do) Oct 27+28 Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Ill be there with camera and Dragy in hand
I will be there on the 27th, hope to see you there.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I don’t actually think we’ll have any numbers once the embargo is lifted. It’ll be driving impressions with journalists. 3 laps on a track and maybe 10-15 min on the road.

Depends on those reviewing. That’s like Like any other car. Short and long term reviews with standardized testing.

Though the curiosity surrounding the car all but ensures car and driver and the like will be testing it asap.

Ford has already given ballpark figures.
And we’ve heard some impressions already.

She’s fast. She handles. She kicks patooty.

just how much so? We know some. And already it’s impressive. It will be thoroughly quantified soon enough.

Just like any other car.

trolls claiming Ford is hiding something are forgetting how much was revealed already.

what we get after the embargo are opinions and more than likely some performance data. there’s no way nobody did any kind of testing, however unofficial it may be.

I have a suspicion that the reviews will only stoke those who love the car already and make the haters even more mad. LOL

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
They really have not been holding anything with the C8. The information has been released in a very timely manner so far. There was a configurator available at launch. Power figures were available at launch. Pricing was revealed only a few weeks after launch. Now driving impressions are due to be released in a week. This is all within 2 months. And the C8 is still months away from going on sale. It took 6 months just for us to learn the horsepower for the GT500. A configurator just went live (with mistakes) and the car is due to be on the streets within a month. I think the car will do fine, but the roll out has been pretty lackluster for a halo Mustang.

We know as much about it as we do the 500.

Both cars are available around the same time. C8 actually later. So they can time their info to try to steal thunder from the 500, only they don’t get to. Ford wisely embargoed impressions in order to put the hype on a level playing field.

We have the same info on both cars.

So that kind of wraps up this non discussion. Time to move on to something real.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

Except for the fact several non journalists will be there.. :cough: :cough: People that have experience and expectations, and gps based performance electronics..

I will be there on the 27th, hope to see you there.
I got a late invite and had plans already, so im fying in literally the morning of the 28th, and back out that night. The Mrs certainly was not about to let me have a weekend in vegas either

Sponsored

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
Except for the fact several non journalists will be there.. :cough: :cough: People that have experience and expectations, and gps based performance electronics..

I got a late invite and had plans already, so im fying in literally the morning of the 28th, and back out that night. The Mrs certainly was not about to let me have a weekend in vegas either
My invite was late as well, was offered a slot on Sunday afternoon. Looking forward to it, it should be interesting.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base

I have quoted this for posterity.

let’s see what you can do for the community.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I have quoted this for posterity.

let’s see what you can do for the community.
AFter reading the latest update and info for the track day, it reads like its just going to be a demo day, where pros do the driving and we watch.. Id be very unimpressed and another letdown for Ford.. but have a feasible solution to that ;)

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
The advertising and stats wars are what GM is very good at - reminds me of the slap at Ford about the tailgate step, and look at Chevy's debacle with the rattling transformer tailgate. They copy a useful and functional idea and make it worse!

240 more HP, more downforce, DCT on a proven chassis is a more logical choice for track duty, as opposed to a new chassis form a manufacturer with no real world data and abuse on the track. It will be interesting to see how the C8 will will perform against a track oriented car since GM thinks it is up to the task with their advertising. My C7 Z06, not the base stingray, was partly a victim to this.

Ford has adopted the philosophy for R&D and application from the best in the business - Porsche. To compete with the best, you have to learn from them!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Interesting note:

The GT500 is the direct competitor to the hellcat and the zl1.

Yet nobody is talking about the hellcat zl1.

Instead, when you hear GT500, what does it get compared to?

and not the current model either, but the newfangled, yet to be produced mid-engine pinnacle of one companies engineering.

High praise! And it’s not even out yet.

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Interesting note:

The GT500 is the direct competitor to the hellcat and the zl1.

Yet nobody is talking about the hellcat zl1.

Instead, when you hear GT500, what does it get compared to?

and not the current model either, but the newfangled, yet to be produced mid-engine pinnacle of one companies engineering.

High praise! And it’s not even out yet.
It’s more to do that both are coming out at the same time, then that the GT500 being at the same level as the C8. There both new kids on the block and the hellcat and zl1 are old news. The auto zl1 1le just did 2:45 at VIR, so how do you think the gt500 will do?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Call me crazy, many certainly have, but strange as it may seem, I don't have any interest in joining a Chevy or 'vette forum, yet I hear it goes both ways and there are Stangers over "there" raising trouble as well. Heck, I KNOW I spend too much time online but man, I just don't get it I guess.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Call me crazy, many certainly have, but strange as it may seem, I don't have any interest in joining a Chevy or 'vette forum, yet I hear it goes both ways and there are Stangers over "there" raising trouble as well. Heck, I KNOW I spend too much time online but man, I just don't get it I guess.
I hope not. I believe in respecting each other. You would never see me going over there to start a bunch of crap. Maybe the problem is the internet where people can do and say stuff without the threat of the real life punch in the mouth.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
I hope not. I believe in respecting each other. You would never see me going over there to start a bunch of crap. Maybe the problem is the internet where people can do and say stuff without the threat of the real life punch in the mouth.
I 100% agree, internet tough guys are very different from dudes that will stand in front of you and talk that same smack.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The problem with joining other forums. Is 90% of other forum members are cool. But the other 10% of their forum are sooooo fanboyish. That you lump 100% of them. Into the I hate the fuck out of them category. Because one or two dudes are totally ridiculous.. I've been guilty of that with Chevy forums even though. I love the Corvette. And have owned several Camaros. And one of the guys I had the most back and forth with turned out to be a good guy.
Once he introduced himself at Atco one night. But before that night. I hated the guy based on a screen name. And some stupid posts!
Sponsored