Drag mode

Hammer 33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT pp1
Does drag mode on a mt82 make any significant gains at the track or is it just a little more throtte response? Wonder who has ran with it and with out it and knows the difference on a slip. I know on an a10 it does but not sure on the mt82
Sponsored

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Does drag mode on a mt82 make any significant gains at the track or is it just a little more throtte response? Wonder who has ran with it and with out it and knows the difference on a slip. I know on an a10 it does but not sure on the mt82
I have it with the manual. Haven't had it on the track, but I can definitely say drag mode bustin on the street in 1st and 2nd pulls noticeably harder thru the high RPM range (6000+)

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I don't notice a difference. Went to the track last weekend for the first time in a while and tried in track mode and sport+. Notice nothing different so I kept running in Sport mode. Ran 8.4 on both but it was a very hot evening.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
It just changes the throttle mapping, nothing more. So in normal mode lets say you push the pedal 20%, in track mode that 20% may act like 40% (don't quote me on those numbers, just using it as an example). So the car will feel more responsive. But when you're foot is on the floor at WOT, it's all the same. The one nice thing about drag mode is that it also disables traction control (to some degree), so you don't have to do that separately. This is my understanding of it anyway.

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It just changes the throttle mapping, nothing more. So in normal mode lets say you push the pedal 20%, in track mode that 20% may act like 40% (don't quote me on those numbers, just using it as an example). So the car will feel more responsive. But when you're foot is on the floor at WOT, it's all the same. The one nice thing about drag mode is that it also disables traction control (to some degree), so you don't have to do that separately. This is my understanding of it anyway.
Great info- thanks

Sponsored

Kungfukendrixx

18Shadowblk_5_0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Where did you get this information?

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Where did you get this information?
Do some searching for drive modes throttle mapping and you’ll find a bunch of threads/posts on the topic. I recall a thread where someone even posted the throttle mapping differences in a graph, but I can’t find it.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
It just changes the throttle mapping, nothing more. .
Unless you have MagneRide. In that case, it also softens the rear suspension so that the car "squats" on launch and sets more weight back on the rear wheels.
Sponsored