Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Exciting to be a part of the group holding onto the last vestiges of a real NA engine beast with a FPC. Keep ‘em coming!

OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
I know whats next China making FPC engines?

Seriously though it sounds incredible I hope it makes its way to a street version.

Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
That thing looks incredible!!!

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
That's one of the best sounding engines I've heard in a long time. I suspect the mid-engine packaging allowed them to use a UDDU crank vs the UDUD crank in the Voodoo, hence the more Ferrari-like sound. The race sanctioning requires that some form of the car be made available for the street, but I don't know if that requirement includes things like crank and firing layout.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That's one of the best sounding engines I've heard in a long time. I suspect the mid-engine packaging allowed them to use a UDDU crank vs the UDUD crank in the Voodoo, hence the more Ferrari-like sound. The race sanctioning requires that some form of the car be made available for the street, but I don't know if that requirement includes things like crank and firing layout.
I read or saw a video that Ford actually spent time making the GT350 sound more mustang like, and one of the results was not using equal length exhaust tubes.

I think i would have preferred they make it sound as flat planny as possible.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Well, that sounds good!

Sponsored

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I read or saw a video that Ford actually spent time making the GT350 sound more mustang like, and one of the results was not using equal length exhaust tubes.

I think i would have preferred they make it sound as flat planny as possible.
I could not agree more. Though the Voodoo sounds great, it does not sound like a flat crank engine. The high pitched wail that usually accompanies a flat crank is so intoxicating. I do recall in Car and Driver’s first article on the Shelby where they state that Ford did this intentionally to give the car a power spread befitting g a Mustang and due to the change in firing order compared to a a Ferrari and the difference in exhaust and having a single intake vs. a dual plenum.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
And Ford copied Ferrari.....oh, and Lotus. And then.....

However, I am NOW really excited! That is going to be BADAZZ.
BMW, Audi, Porsche, McLaren...

Who else? Lol
But Chevy has been around for a long time and so has Ferrari, etc. - Ford's FPC V8 was released just a few years ago and now Chevy is releasing one.

Of course Chevy will say they aren't copying Ford just like they did with the Camaro/Mustang. But IMO it should be obvious. It's just too coincidental.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
If only they'd put a manual in it. I'd be on-board for that.
Only reason why I haven't jumped ship. I do wonder tho if I'm doing myself a disservice... I know I'll age and there's a chance I won't be able to shift due to knee joint paint and stuff. That's when DCT will be the ideal place for me to be but maybe I should just start now and quit losing money?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Aside from FPC being around for decades - do you really think that would be sound engineering reason to put FPC engine in a car ? Because "Ford did it" ? Spend about 5 seconds thinking about it and you'll know how ridiculous this claim is.
Sponsored