2018 GT350 Dealership Offer - $37.5k

Rob360

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
///
Absurd! Ck Kelly Blue Book for current Trade-In and Private Seller values.
Traded to a dealer in very good cond. you are easily in $45,000-$47,000 range!
Sell youreself in $50,000- $54,000 range.
Also look up Car Gurus, Autotrader....to see asking prices.
I have bought a lot of new cars over the years, and I have never had a single dealer offer me anywhere close to what the KBB says that my trade in is supposedly worth. You always get screwed on a trade-in, which is why I always wind up selling my car myself.
Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I have bought a lot of new cars over the years, and I have never had a single dealer offer me anywhere close to what the KBB says that my trade in is supposedly worth. You always get screwed on a trade-in, which is why I always wind up selling my car myself.
This. You will always get better money for your car selling privately. Just set a realistic price, advertise in time, and it will happen. I never trade in, it's a waste of money.

5ohRick19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
This. I totally agree. I didn't realize I was on the 350 forum as I just clicked "New Posts". But my 30 years of buying and selling cars has taught me that "generally" speaking cutting out the middle man will save a significant amount more than the sales tax savings. That's not the case every time (and maybe never with a 350) but more times than not with most cars. Also, if the dealer has the exact car you want and have been looking for it may be worth losing a little money on a trade. Tomster, this thread is about dealers trying to rip off sellers/traders. Not about the valuation of the Mustang GT350. Unless you are a dealer you shouldn't be offended by anything here.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Winter is coming and sports car season just ended. They think it will sit all winter, so they taking their shot at you. Go to another dealer. Autotrader has guarantee trade offers. Carmax did me solid as they can move to better area.

Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Let's face it, 2020 models out. Look on CarGurus. '18s with under 10k on the clock for under $50k now. The '16's are 5 model years old.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Go to carvana and see what they offer, it's much more realistic when it comes to what you can get for it when they're not trying to bend you over.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This. I totally agree. I didn't realize I was on the 350 forum as I just clicked "New Posts". But my 30 years of buying and selling cars has taught me that "generally" speaking cutting out the middle man will save a significant amount more than the sales tax savings. That's not the case every time (and maybe never with a 350) but more times than not with most cars. Also, if the dealer has the exact car you want and have been looking for it may be worth losing a little money on a trade. Tomster, this thread is about dealers trying to rip off sellers/traders. Not about the valuation of the Mustang GT350. Unless you are a dealer you shouldn't be offended by anything here.
Offended? How did you surmise that notion?

I'm just a guy trading in and realizing approximate sticker price after tax offset.

Offended? No. I'm ecstatic.

Sponsored

NUTNDUN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I recently thought about trading my 19 in on a 19 R model and they offered 48 to 50 k. I told them I wouldn't even consider it. They came back at 52k and I told them I still wouldn't be interested. I would love to have an R but to me it's not worth taking that much of a hit.

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
carmax gave an offer for 39k on my 2016 tech pack with 18k mi said thay would try and sell it for 42k

Reactions: TDC

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
i got offered that on a 16 tech with 31k miles on it with non factory wheels and quicklatch on the bumpers. the same dealer has it listed for just above 40k.

id figure yours has to be worth 3-4k more. maybe their comps are off.

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
gents, there’s an easy way to increase the value of our cars. STOP trading them in. trades are the primary source of used cars in the market. You dont HAVE to accept that lowball offer. Eventually, they will HAVE to pay more if they want the car, that will increase the market price and thus the VALUE of your car.

Economics is your friend. Unfortunately, desperation is your enemy as you trade that 350 for a minivan because you had a baby. Lol, a car seat will fit in the 350. Explain it to the lady.
Sponsored