Sponsored

Check your GT350 valve cover bolts !! . . . .

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Just hand tighten the bolts. No need for a torque wrench.
There are other areas that I'd use the torque wrench. Splitter bolts have a specific nM torque spec too. Still interested.
Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
There are other areas that I'd use the torque wrench. Splitter bolts have a specific nM torque spec too. Still interested.
I looked up the same torque wrench the Ford tech uses in that install video. That thing was priced at over $300 !!!!!

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Yeah I actually found it too but was hoping that was wrong... OTC 37### something. It didn't exactly match the video either 100%. At least to me it didn't seem like the exact one

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Don't say "torque wrench" too loudly on a car forum or it starts a giant debate where everyone proclaims their favorite torque wrench and justifies why it's all they'll ever use. CDI is often considered the best for the price, usually in the $150 range depending on the model, and was the OEM for Snap-On (not sure if they still make all the Snap-On ones). For applications where you aren't assembling a brain shuttle, many have been satisfied with the Tekton ones from Amazon. Don't be peer pressured into going with the truck brands like Snap-On and Mac. I made that mistake before. Unless the truck makes regular stops at your house, chasing a rep down or having to mail a wrench with an issue somewhere becomes more of a pain than it's worth.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I got Craftsman inch pound/ newton meters torque wrench at Sears years ago. It’s not digital, it’s one of those where you turn the handle to set the torque values.
It’s served me well over the years. Sometimes it’s tough to be precise when turning the handle to set the torque values. The markings on the handle don’t always line up with the numbers. That is why I’m always on the lookout for a new one.

For the amount of use I get out of it i guess it’s fine.

Sponsored