Sponsored

Anyway...NOT Anyways.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Let me say I am not a grammar nazi or a person these things tend to bother but here as of late it seems almost as if people are purposely saying "Anyways". I have even noticed people are also now typing it. It is like nails on a chalkboard when right in the middle of a otherwise perfectly formed sentence a person will go "well anyways". From that moment on I totally lose interest in the conversation and can only fight the urge to ask them why they said anyways. I mean it is like looking at the hood of my mustang and it is perfect in every way except that one little rock chip that catches your eye every single time and makes you cringe. The conversation is that hood and then BAM!!! The anyways rock chip happens. It is all you can think about.
Sponsored

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
I believe you spelled it wrong....it's anywayz. It's plural for anyway...totally legit. ;)

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Inyways is the correct spelling. Its means " I'm not gong to argue with you, cause it would be useless"

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
But ANYWAY, you can’t please everyone all the time ANYWAYS, can you?
:crackup:

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Not as bad as ...

Impordant instead of important
Whole nother instead of another or whole other

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
ANYWAYS ANYWAYS ANYWAYS ANYWAYS ANYWAYS ANYWAYS
anyways anyways anyways anyways anyways anyways anyways anyways anyways anyways anyways anyways anyways anyways anyways,...
Just trying to drive OP nuts

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary Limited Edition MT
Vehicle Showcase
OP, if "anyways" bothers you, then you REALLY shouldn't visit Hawaii. A large percentage of us speak Pidgin or "Hawaiian Creole English". We would definitely drive you nuts. I think "anyways" would be the least of your worries. Then again, the hula dancers with the coconut bras at the luaus might distract you.

Oh, and yeah, we say "anyways" here. :)

While we are on the subject... When people type LOL did they really "laugh out loud" or was it more a chuckle? I think people overuse it.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
OP, if "anyways" bothers you, then you REALLY shouldn't visit Hawaii. A large percentage of us speak Pidgin or "Hawaiian Creole English". We would definitely drive you nuts. I think "anyways" would be the least of your worries. Then again, the hula dancers with the coconut bras at the luaus might distract you.

Oh, and yeah, we say "anyways" here. :)

While we are on the subject... When people type LOL did they really "laugh out loud" or was it more a chuckle? I think people overuse it.
Two things here....

I want to to visit Hawaii:rockon:

And LOL, LOL. LOL :)

I can see where this thread is going. :cwl:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
"For all intensive purposes....."

I have an English minor along with my engineering degree (not sure why, but I digress...), don't get me started. It's obvious that even editors of newspapers, magazines, and website content are lacking these days.

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
"For all intensive purposes....."

I have an English minor along with my engineering degree (not sure why, but I digress...), don't get me started. It's obvious that even editors of newspapers, magazines, and website content are lacking these days.
Intensive purposes.... LOL. Anyways, I like that one.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Irregardless is the one I always hate, but anyways thanks for expanding the list of things that might annoy me in the future.

On the printed word one of my biggest peeves is using apostrophes in words that are plural, rather than a contraction or showing ownership.