Sponsored

Sales 3rd qtr 2019

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Remember the 1979 Chevy Monza. It was an offshoot of the Vega and could be had with a 5.0 small block in it. Unfortunately you had to pull the engine to get to the back spark plugs :headbang:
I'd love to build a Monda / Starfire - but they are pricey too when you can find them not all rotted away. I'd love to LSx /T56 swap an early Vega - but so many of them have been hacked up for drag racing over the years. Even early Mavericks (before the big bumpers started) 2 doors are getting pricey.
Sponsored

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Fiat/Chrysler is throwing the most money on the hood of the pony cars out of the big three. I'm seeing V6 Challengers with $11k discounts. That would put you in a $30k Challenger for $19k. I'm seeing base EB Mustang manual models for about $19k as well, but the MSRP is around $26k. 4 cyl manual Camaros are out there for $18k.

If I knew the wife wouldn't murder me in my sleep, I'd enjoy driving that Camaro or Mustang. I like the fact Android Auto comes standard on all Camaro models. Gotta pony up an additional $2k in options to get the 101a package for the Mustang. Not sure if AA is standard on all trim levels of the Challenger. But no manual in the Challenger for the V6 models means a hard pass for me.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Fiat/Chrysler is throwing the most money on the hood of the pony cars out of the big three. I'm seeing V6 Challengers with $11k discounts. That would put you in a $30k Challenger for $19k. I'm seeing base EB Mustang manual models for about $19k as well, but the MSRP is around $26k. 4 cyl manual Camaros are out there for $18k.

If I knew the wife wouldn't murder me in my sleep, I'd enjoy driving that Camaro or Mustang. I like the fact Android Auto comes standard on all Camaro models. Gotta pony up an additional $2k in options to get the 101a package for the Mustang. Not sure if AA is standard on all trim levels of the Challenger. But no manual in the Challenger for the V6 models means a hard pass for me.
Yes you need the 101a (EB cars) or 301a (GT cars) to get Sync 3 and drive modes - that option package is $2000. Or you can Sync 3 swap (like I did to my '19 GT Base 6 speed) for less than a $1K if you do the foot work. In '19 it literally bolts / plugs right up, no harness or hubs or cables needed - just FORSCAN programming AND you can enable drive modes like I did.

I wanted to like the Camaro. Love the 6.2 engine with the 6 speed. But Dear God - you can't see shit in that car and I'm 6'3. I felt like I was riding my sport bike again - constantly needing to shoulder check to try and see around the huge blind spots.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Agreed on the visibility in the Mustang vs the Camaro. That c-pillar is huge. Everyone I talk to with a Camaro or who has driven one for any period of time say once the mirrors are adjusted properly and you get used to driving it, the "blind spots" go away.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Agreed on the visibility in the Mustang vs the Camaro. That c-pillar is huge. Everyone I talk to with a Camaro or who has driven one for any period of time say once the mirrors are adjusted properly and you get used to driving it, the "blind spots" go away.
Trust me. Im an ex camaro owner. You never get used to it.

Sponsored

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Ford needs to step up their Mustang advertisement game.

Let's get some TV commercials like what ran during the S197 years.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Trust me. Im an ex camaro owner. You never get used to it.
I'm an ex-5th gen Camaro owner multiple times over. if you adjust the mirrors properly, it really is no big deal.

Of course you are going to give up some sight lines in order to get that awesome style that it is going for. The Mustang gives up some visibility as well. But again, adjust your mirrors and you'll be fine.

I would not say the blind spots go away. I would say they can be reduced greatly and a non-issue as you drive with time.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
The chicklet sized mirror I have on the driver's side only in my 80 280ZX is basically useless. I don't even have a passenger mirror. Although with pencil thin roof pillars, visibility is really good when I look over my shoulder.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm an ex-5th gen Camaro owner multiple times over. if you adjust the mirrors properly, it really is no big deal.

Of course you are going to give up some sight lines in order to get that awesome style that it is going for. The Mustang gives up some visibility as well. But again, adjust your mirrors and you'll be fine.

I would not say the blind spots go away. I would say they can be reduced greatly and a non-issue as you drive with time.
With the rental Camaro SS’s I’ve had over the past years, 5th and 6th gens, visibility was never an issue, especially after a day of driving the vehicle. The Mustang does have better visibility and a more livable positioning of the driver, but the Camaro was never the rolling coffin that some make it out to be. It’s no worse than the Challenger. If you want incredible visibility with power, get a Charger.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
With the rental Camaro SS’s I’ve had over the past years, 5th and 6th gens, visibility was never an issue, especially after a day of driving the vehicle. The Mustang does have better visibility and a more livable positioning of the driver, but the Camaro was never the rolling coffin that some make it out to be. It’s no worse than the Challenger. If you want incredible visibility with power, get a Charger.
I test drove an 18’ with a friend. I agree it’s not a coffin. That said I just couldn’t get comfortable in either the drivers or passengers seat. My Mustang is far more comfortable. Just MHO!

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Better pic of my hold me over sled. I think I’ll be fine until 2022.
A74F1348-6B16-4F96-B301-73E63C2FBE12.jpeg

OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Ford is pushing Escapes, F150’s, and all their other SUV’s and trucks. The Mustang is the leader in its category so Ford marketing management doesn’t feel it’s necessary to spend ad dollars on it. Different situation for Dodge. I wonder if there will be a GT500 commercial when it starts shipping.
I Ford would advertise Mustang like FCA does Challenger Mustang would be way out in front is sales and Challenger wouldn't be breathing down Mustang's neck.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.