Demonic

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Any concern with resetting the BMS when going from the Antigravity to the stock battery?

She's going back in for oil consumption and I don't trust the dealership not to f up the battery so swapping it back to stock. And ya I'd prefer not to if I don't have to.
If you currently don't have any battery codes (like the car being in low power mode), and you make sure the stock battery is charged before you put it back in, you shouldn't have any issue at all just dropping it back in without resetting anything.
Sponsored

imbadatthis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
If you currently don't have any battery codes (like the car being in low power mode), and you make sure the stock battery is charged before you put it back in, you shouldn't have any issue at all just dropping it back in without resetting anything.
MUCH appreciated! Was having trouble getting my OBD to connect to the only Windows PC I have available so one less headache. Thank you!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just ordered an Antigravity ATX20HD for track use. I also bought the battery post adapters and a CTek lithium ion charger. I am waiting to hear back from Morris engineering about their battery mount, but I believe the ATX12 AND ATX20 are different form factors. I have a call into Antigravity and am awaiting news of a possible new mount that works with the ATX20HD.

20191021_161501.jpg

20191021_161121.jpg

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
Hey Tomster, thanks for the Purchase... I was gong to reach out to you as Demonic got me your email info.. but also saw this thead...

The two holders with the blue circle aroudn them are for the ATX20/30 models...

If interested in these types fo hold downs let me know. There are some other guys making them too that might be cooler... and Ben was making some for the ATX12-24 with a Catch Can. But don't know if he did one for the ATX20 Case format.
Antigravity new Battery Holders.JPG

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hey Tomster, thanks for the Purchase... I was gong to reach out to you as Demonic got me your email info.. but also saw this thead...

If interested in these types fo hold downs let me know. There are some other guys making them too that might be cooler... and Ben was making some for the ATX12-24 with a Catch Can. But don't know if he did one for the ATX20 Case format.
Weight and suitability are the most important. If you have something ready to go, I'm all ears. Please let me know what you have ready to go and forward the weight. Austin recommended a zip tie, but I'd rather go with something more engineered however.

On a side note, it's time to replace the golf cart batteries. I have a lead acid 48v system. Do you have battery replacements for such an application?

Sponsored

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
Weight and suitability are the most important. If you have something ready to go, I'm all ears. Please let me know what you have ready to go and forward the weight. Austin recommended a zip tie, but I'd rather go with something more engineered however.

On a side note, it's time to replace the golf cart batteries. I have a lead acid 48v system. Do you have battery replacements for such an application?
On the trays... I think we have one sample of each, and ordering about 20pcs of each size.... So I can get you the sample if you need something quick. I will ask the office to weigh it. I don't have it with me.

ON golf car batteries we are doing some deep cycle batteries but they come out after the first of the year. They will be in 40Ah and 100Ah models and can be connected up to 10 Parallel and 4 Series. While deep cycles usually work in Golf Carts I will check out our specks also to see if these are compatible...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Excellent on both questions. I would be happy to purchase and review your mount for the ATX20HD.

I am extremely interested in a lithium ion solution for my golf cart as well. Lead acid weighs a ton (sort of)

20160728_162403.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

On the trays... I think we have one sample of each, and ordering about 20pcs of each size.... So I can get you the sample if you need something quick. I will ask the office to weigh it. I don't have it with me.

ON golf car batteries we are doing some deep cycle batteries but they come out after the first of the year. They will be in 40Ah and 100Ah models and can be connected up to 10 Parallel and 4 Series. While deep cycles usually work in Golf Carts I will check out our specks also to see if these are compatible...
So whats the story? I was looking to get the battery installed and was waiting on news of the mount. Are you going to loan or sell me one of the prototypes or am I going to have to wait for the rollout of the finished product?

I would like to get the install done so I can begin to focus on other prep items for Daytona.

Thanks.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
TOMSTER, Dammmn.....If I had a cool buggy like that I might just finally take up golf once again and enjoy it!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
TOMSTER, Dammmn.....If I had a cool buggy like that I might just finally take up golf once again and enjoy it!
Its a street legal 30 MPH cart that seats 4. The rear seat is a flip/flop that doubles as a cargo area with a bin when you only have 2 persons (kind of like a mini pickup truck). It also has a hitch for towing a couple jet skis. 14 HP motor, 500 amp controller, Jakes lift kit, stereo system, roll bar, etc. I painted the body panels to include painted on stripes with a black roof. (The painted on stripes on my CFTP on order is setting me back 10K, lol).

Just like the GT500, it is heavy. Lithium ion batteries would significantly bring the weight down.

Its funny, but when I am out and about in that thing, I get more complements than any of my GT350R's. Go figure.

Sponsored

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
So whats the story? I was looking to get the battery installed and was waiting on news of the mount. Are you going to loan or sell me one of the prototypes or am I going to have to wait for the rollout of the finished product?

I would like to get the install done so I can begin to focus on other prep items for Daytona.

Thanks.
I spoke to you by email earlier but for the rest of you if you have questions that are urgent, best to email to scott or chad @antigravitybatteries.com.

The problem is we don't always get a notification of a post here on M6, secondly we are not on here much because even though we are a Vendor this is the only thread that really hits for us. So we are having some staff try to post more in other threads to get a reason to be on the site more and engage more folks here. But most the other areas of the site have sort of said Lithium is too expensive or they don't need it. And thats completely reasonable if you not a hi-performance type. Anyway that is why we will miss message at times here.

If any of you go to SEMA drop by and say Hi...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Glad we caught up! Thanks for the email.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I was just thinking about these type of batteries while eating lunch today. Now this would be weight savings in a spot on the car where its sorely needed, and since my '18 is a garage queenie/car show car/drag race couple times a year car I'm thinking when my OE battery takes a dump one of these light lithium's will be its replacement. I'm ready to give one of these batteries a chance even though the price is still a bit of a gulp. That said, I'll follow any conversation threads in the future with talk about real world use of these.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I was just thinking about these type of batteries while eating lunch today. Now this would be weight savings in a spot on the car where its sorely needed, and since my '18 is a garage queenie/car show car/drag race couple times a year car I'm thinking when my OE battery takes a dump one of these light lithium's will be its replacement. I'm ready to give one of these batteries a chance even though the price is still a bit of a gulp. That said, I'll follow any conversation threads in the future with talk about real world use of these.
I will let you know how it all goes. Mine is to be used for track events, etc, not an every day battery. I just want to realize some weight reduction for when it matters.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I will let you know how it all goes. Mine is to be used for track events, etc, not an every day battery. I just want to realize some weight reduction for when it matters.
My car has clocked 3800 miles since last March, so I'd consider mine low enough use that running a battery like this, and keeping it on a special made tender all week would not be an issue for me either. I'm a drag racer though, so the appeal of saving weight is real, but I've already put my back seat back in due to my stupid loud exhaust, luckily I didn't buy a kit for it before I realized how obnoxious it was actually gonna be. I deal with the NVH in my car a lot better than that exhaust drone at low rpm, because I cruise my town in it and I have to keep it on the down low due to my exhaust. It's Pype's catless lt's, h pipe and MBRP black tip muffler delete.
Sponsored