Sponsored

How many 1000+ RWHP Whipple cars do we have ?

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
I put 1210whp with a Whipple.
Sponsored

HRSEPLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
A Bunch
Did you go with their 258 "truck converter" or the smaller mustang one? How does it behave?
I have the 10R80 HP Series 3Y converter, it is AWESOME! We drive this a ton on the street and I just have 1st gear eliminated in my tune all the time.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have the 10R80 HP Series 3Y converter, it is AWESOME! We drive this a ton on the street and I just have 1st gear eliminated in my tune all the time.
You have such a Bad Ass setup. I truly love the minimalistic aspect of everything you have done. When guys ask a question of what, how much or how fast, we should just list your mods.

And to think that little 5oh is seeing 1200-1300 on the factory crank. Craziness.

Hope to see a video of you in the 8s.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
GM-Numbers-Whipple_june2019_blog3.jpg

HRSEPLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
A Bunch
You have such a Bad Ass setup. I truly love the minimalistic aspect of everything you have done. When guys ask a question of what, how much or how fast, we should just list your mods.

And to think that little 5oh is seeing 1200-1300 on the factory crank. Craziness.

Thank you, I have truly been impressed with this little stock motor Coyote!
This was just the straightforward Stage 2, 3.0 Whipple kit from Terry @ Beefcake racing.
Then full exhaust then the fuel system and rear suspension, converter/clutches with the Ngauge and Lund keeping it safe and making HP.
AND I can't forget the Griptec 6 rib holding on for dear life right now. Lol
It is such a simple, repeatable menu list, I am hoping to make a run at the 8's. I hope my luck keeps going!

Last edited:

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox

Not that you are, but I don't want folks think you are downplaying his efforts. While it seems like a simple combo. It's damn near a full build minus stock engine. We all know the cost, stress and time allocation. So props to HRSEPLA. But yea at the track he should def downplay and be like "oh this? Just a stock motor deal with a bit of boost...'. LOL

HRSEPLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
A Bunch
Not that you are, but I don't want folks think you are downplaying his efforts. While it seems like a simple combo. It's damn near a full build minus stock engine. We all know the cost, stress and time allocation. So props to HRSEPLA. But yea at the track he should def downplay and be like "oh this? Just a stock motor deal with a bit of boost...'. LOL
True, admittedly I may be a little bit numb to what it took to bolt everything on my car but after so many years of building cars in my garage, this one was so stupid simple I could be understating it....
I have spent way more dollars and more hours on previous builds to go this fast.. lol
In my opinion the more involved part was the trans clutches/converter and the fuel system.
The TRUE bolt on easy menu stopping point would be the DW400/BAP/E85, Whipple, Exhaust bone stock trans phase. Still impressive power at that stopping point.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
True, admittedly I may be a little bit numb to what it took to bolt everything on my car but after so many years of building cars in my garage, this one was so stupid simple I could be understating it....
I have spent way more dollars and more hours on previous builds to go this fast.. lol
In my opinion the more involved part was the trans clutches/converter and the fuel system.
The TRUE bolt on easy menu stopping point would be the DW400/BAP/E85, Whipple, Exhaust bone stock trans phase. Still impressive power at that stopping point.
Are you running the stock 6 rib damper?

HRSEPLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
A Bunch

Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I never had mine on the dyno when I upgraded to the Gen3 Whipple/150mm throttle body, but I had to be in the ball park. With only billet opg's and crank sprocket, I was trapping 149 mph at 4,150 lbs. This was with a 3.625 upper/20% lower 10 rib setup. Was tickling 19lbs. in the logs...

OP
OP

Mikeextrafast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT premium performance package
I've never been on a dyno but I think I'm around 1000rwhp. My '18 is a full interior with zero weight reduction at 4100lbs. Most recent passes have been 9.0's @ 154mph.

My setup is a 2018 Mustang GT with the Gen 5, 3.0 Whipple with the upgraded front heat exchanger (no fans), Pump E85 on a 2.85 Griptec Pulley - 6 RIB
Bone Stock engine except for oil pump gears and crank sprocket.
A10 automatic - I had to install the McLeod Clutches as the stock ones started to slip, I did a Circle D Converter when the trans was out.
Ngauge with Jon Lund Jr. handling the tuning (He has been AWESOME!)
Full length Stainless Works headers, 2.5" H-pipe and Flowmaster chambered cat back exhaust.
Return Fuel System/pumps/regulators/ID1050X injectors
DSS Driveshaft and 1400HP Axles
BMR Springs, Viking rear Shocks & all of the BMR Rear Suspension pieces, Stock 3.15 Rear Gears, Stock Brakes
305/45/17" Mickey Thompson Drag Radials on Welds

Since my last visit - I just now finished a full 3" exhaust using a universal 3" X-Pipe and Magnaflow 3" Catback and have a smaller 2.75" Griptec pulley to bring along. I am going back to the track this week and to see if I can get into the 8's on the 6 rib setup. ( I can't say enough how impressed I am with the 3.0 Whipple and the 6 rib Griptec Pullies to even give us a chance to go this far on these little guys!)

Palm Beach Dyno has this chart that seems pretty realistic, can anyone else confirm this chart vs. dyno personal numbers?
PBD HP Chart.JPG
What air intake you using

dambikeracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Whipple GT
I'm looking to join this list when my car is done next week! It is currently being built by Killer Performance in Kansas City MO. I have a brand new Ruby Red GT 401A Package with Racaros, A10 and 3.15 Gears. I will be running the 3.0 Whipple Competition, 3.625 10 Rib, 20% Balancer, Texas Speed Catless Headers, Killer Performance 1000HP Double Pump system on E85, DW95 Injectors, Circle D, McLeod Clutches, BMR Drag Springs and Lock out, Viking Shocks, G-Force Driveshaft and Axles, Forgestar Drag Pack with 305/45r17 ET Street R's! Follow the build on Facebook or Instagram @ Killer Performance KC. Any questions give Curtis Smith a call.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Did you go back and run 8's yet?!
Sponsored