Ford Performance 2020 GT500 Oil-Air Separator

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
I received mine from lethal today. Now need my wheels and steering wheel then the actual car
Sponsored

Jostrom8021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, Rapid Red Metallic, black stripes, Silver pin stripes, 2000 GT convertible
So, as a new guy here, I'll ask...this oil-air separator is a different component than the factory equipment that the dealership installs?

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
John: I may be wrong, (I usually am,) but there is only one oil separator for the '20 500 from FP and it's the one that comes in the trunk with the CFTP's. The fellas with Base models who want to track the car have been purchasing the O/S themselves and installing it.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
So, as a new guy here, I'll ask...this oil-air separator is a different component than the factory equipment that the dealership installs?
If you get a CFTP car, yes, this is the same item installed by your dealer.
If you get the Handling Package, it comes in the trunk and you install it. Some dealers might install it for you. But they won’t be paid by Ford to do it.
If you didn’t buy either of these options, you must buy and install yourself.

Jostrom8021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, Rapid Red Metallic, black stripes, Silver pin stripes, 2000 GT convertible
John: I may be wrong, (I usually am,) but there is only one oil separator for the '20 500 from FP and it's the one that comes in the trunk with the CFTP's. The fellas with Base models who want to track the car have been purchasing the O/S themselves and installing it.
Kilobravo,
thanks for the information. I did not order the track pack, so guess I'm not getting the o/s like I thought. I also wanted to mention that the pics you use are pretty cool.

Jostrom8021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
If you get a CFTP car, yes, this is the same item installed by your dealer.
If you get the Handling Package, it comes in the trunk and you install it. Some dealers might install it for you. But they won’t be paid by Ford to do it.
If you didn’t buy either of these options, you must buy and install yourself.
Chairman,
I did order the handling package. So I will get the o/s, great news! Hopefully the dealership will take care of me. If not, I'm sure that I probably could do this at home. With guidance and suggestions from the great guys on this forum.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Thanks, Don, I KNEW I'd get it wrong...forgot about it coming with the HP (so yes, John, you'll get one in the trunk. However, Ford put out the word to the stores that they now are supposed to charge you for the install. I know some stores are still doing it FOC.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD

Attachments