Sponsored

Installed Accelerometer

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Just finished my first track day in the stang. Wanted to see how my lateral Gs compared to others. Track or not...can you post a pic? I would like to see them all!

2019-10-07.jpg
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
This is from street driving. It was reset about 4 weeks ago
dash.jpg

OP
OP
jhammy49

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hmmm. I always assumed mine can be reset but it doesn't say "Hold Ok to reset" I've never tried.

Oh and here is my wife's 2018 EcoBoost Convert. The max numbers were probably set by me. All street driving.

2019-10-07.jpg

Sponsored

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
You need to reset yours. Some come from the factory stuck at 1.5 like yours.
Well it changes frequently never stuck. The range of G's are retained at the highest levels recorded. The dot swings constantly from zero when driving indicating real time forces. I did not know how to reset high limits to zero until just the other day. When I seen the hold OK to reset on Lanceen's guage's I was curious as to why my guage did not show the icon. The 400a trim package that does not include the digital 12" display has the accelarometer reset accessed on the different screen.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Well it changes frequently never stuck. The range of G's are retained at the highest levels recorded. The dot swings constantly from zero when driving indicating real time forces. I did not know how to reset high limits to zero until just the other day. When I seen the hold OK to reset on Lanceen's guage's I was curious as to why my guage did not show the icon. The 400a trim package that does not include the digital 12" display has the accelarometer reset accessed on the different screen.
1.5 lateral g's isn't possible, unless maybe you've rolled it.

fergusonv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I was trying to politely say those values are not actual, you need to reset. My car came from the factory with those exact same values on the same axis . A little searching on here and I found it was common. Your car can't do 1.5g.

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
Check out Wiki it has a table of recorded g force examples for many different things. In the table it references drag and track car g forces in turns and straight line. I was surprised to see 6- 6.5 gs in the turns and in the 7s for braking.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-force

I have since reset my accelerometer days ago. I am at .81 for left turns and .77 for rights not even pushing.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
1.5 lateral g's isn't possible, unless maybe you've rolled it.
Not as a sustained value on street tires, but I can certainly see it happening as a brief spike on tires warmed up to their optimum-grip temperature.

I've got datalogs showing at least 0.04g higher than this ↓↓↓ in my '08. MPSS tires. Aim Solo accelerometer.

full.jpg

Norm

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Think I looked at mine once... a couple of years ago.
Sponsored