Sponsored

Anyone running an Exedy Mach 600 Clutch?

buzzkiller

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 1993 Mustang GT, 1969 Mustang Fastback
My throw out slave cylinder went out and while the transmission is out, I am going to upgrade the clutch. I'm looking at the Exedy Mach 600, but don't want serious clutch chatter. Anyone running this series?
Sponsored

Last edited:

ckendri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What are you calling stage 3 or 4? I’ve seen all kinds of naming schemes. Do you have a part number or model? I run the Hyper Twin series ET04XD/ET03XD. No chatter... if I had it to do over I’d back off this for an MT82. A Mach 600 would be a better fit. I smoked 4th gear and I know others have as well on the Hyper.

ArcsandSparks

Probably wrenching
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
I ran the Exedy Stage 4/Mach 600 for 8k. No chatter, it makes some gear noise if you lug it but that's expected. Heavier pedal feel than stock, but engagement is smooth and predictable.

I upgraded to the ET04XD, it's a little too much for a DD imo but it's manageable, the Mach 600 was much more forgiving.

OP
OP
buzzkiller

buzzkiller

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
What are you calling stage 3 or 4? I’ve seen all kinds of naming schemes. Do you have a part number or model? I run the Hyper Twin series ET04XD/ET03XD. No chatter... if I had it to do over I’d back off this for an MT82. A Mach 600 would be a better fit. I smoked 4th gear and I know others have as well on the Hyper.
Hi, I updated the thread post, I am referring to a Mach 600 or even 500 series.

OP
OP
buzzkiller

buzzkiller

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I ran the Exedy Stage 4/Mach 600 for 8k. No chatter, it makes some gear noise if you lug it but that's expected. Heavier pedal feel than stock, but engagement is smooth and predictable.

I upgraded to the ET04XD, it's a little too much for a DD imo but it's manageable, the Mach 600 was much more forgiving.
Thank you, I updated my post title referring to the Mach 600. That's the clutch I am looking at. Strange you had noise being it's only a single disk. I wonder if that was actually your throwout bearing.

Anyways, thanks for the reply.

Sponsored

OP
OP
buzzkiller

buzzkiller

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Thank you, I updated my post title referring to the Mach 600.

But the 600 is the clutch I am looking at purchasing. Although it's strange you had noise being it's only a single disk. I wonder if that was actually your throwout bearing.

Anyways, thanks for the reply and info.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I have the Mach 600 w/lightened steel flywheel....engagement is pretty stockish. Feels pretty quick, I find that I don’t grind gears as much as the stock clutch. There is definitely noise associated with it. You can hear chatter at idle and some different metallic noises when engaging the clutch. That said, I’m pretty sensitive to noises but it doesn’t really bother me, I just notice it from time to time, mostly with the window down, can’t say I recall any noise with the windows up.

I’ve also noticed low rpms actually lug the engine now, I had never experienced lugging with the OEM setup even all the way down to near idle in 6th gear. Now anything near 1200 rpm or lower and it lugs significantly in 6th gear. 1500 and above it seems to go away.

5.0dad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Mach 600 with lightened steel flywheel, is a great clutch in my opinion, up to 600 lb ft of torque.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I'm running the Mach 600/lightened flywheel on my car over 800rwhp. Really like it so far. It can be slipped, but not as easily as the stocker. Also switched back to the stock clutch spring because this clutch is definitely heavier than stock. With the stock clutch spring, its perfect imo.
Sponsored