Sponsored

May not be much, may be a hint about the future.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
https://www.thedetroitbureau.com/20...or-mustang-inspired-suv-as-it-leans-on-icons/

Discussion by Ford on plans going forward, keeping manuals, pushing the 'icon models' (Mustang, Bronco, etc.)

But there is a rather nice Mach 1 emblem at the bottom. This isn't a Ford press release, but doesn't mean that that doesn't mean anything. With the again recent trademark on the name, and talk around town that the S550 will live on for at least another year or two, and the Bullitt sales apparently starting to lag a bit, a lot of them sitting on lots now, Maybe we can see a Mach 1 for 2021? 50 year redux of the 71, NACA hood, hockeypuck stripe?

I don't intend to wait that long to buy a new car, I need one desperately, and it'll be a Mustang, so I'll likely just get a red ext red int one to match my '71 mach 1, and if they come out with an S550 mach 1, I'll rob some rims and hood to match.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'd like to think it means something..........but, Ford did use that very Mach 1 logo when they revealed they were going to be a "Mustang inspired electric SUV" several years ago. The backlash meant they dropped Mach 1 and are now, allegedly going to use the name Mach E instead.

However, during that backlash it was clear Mustangs fans would welcome a return of the REAL Mach 1, fitting between the Mustang GT and GT350/500. If Ford were paying attention, there's still hope.

Mach 1 is certainly an icon for Ford so, if done correctly, it'd be a huge success. If Mach E is a Mustang inspired SUV, then Mach 1 could be the V8 hybrid model......bridging the gap between all electric and gasoline models.

And here, once more, is what it should look like.......just in case Ford are reading ;)
Mach 1.jpg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Oh, and if there's is a PROPER Mach 1 coming, perhaps Ford could invite The Rock back to the styling studios so he can "inadvertently" leak some blurry images :giggle:

OP
OP

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I'd like to think it means something..........but, Ford did use that very Mach 1 logo when they revealed they were going to be a "Mustang inspired electric SUV" several years ago. The backlash meant they dropped Mach 1 and are now, allegedly going to use the name Mach E instead.

However, during that backlash it was clear Mustangs fans would welcome a return of the REAL Mach 1, fitting between the Mustang GT and GT350/500. If Ford were paying attention, there's still hope.

Mach 1 is certainly an icon for Ford so, if done correctly, it'd be a huge success. If Mach E is a Mustang inspired SUV, then Mach 1 could be the V8 hybrid model......bridging the gap between all electric and gasoline models.

And here, once more, is what it should look like.......just in case Ford are reading ;)
Mach 1.jpg
I need someone to make that hood. I'd prefer a 71 black out style on the hood, and I've attempted to draw up some hockey stick stripes but can't get any that I like, so I'd probably go for the rocker stripe you have on that one. Like I said, if someone makes that hood in the near future, I'll probably go for a NACA hood Mach 1 clone on mine, match it as close as I can to my 71.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The Bullitt is supposed to be two model years I'm hoping we get the Mach 1 along with at least a mild refresh in 2021.
mach-1-jpg.jpg

Love the hood hope it gets put into production. :rockon:

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I love that they said their keeping the manual transmission! 700+hp and manual = at least 1 sale to me!:rockon:

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Is it a stretch to imagine a Mach 1 carbon track pack??

I’m envisioning an S550 like above with a 5.2cpc - 540hp NA.

DCT, Carbon trackpack but all in a package of about 3850lbs.

GT500 except NA. Kind of what a GT350 with a DCT could have been, except with the new aero and a bit more grunt from a CPC.

Mach R?

edit: I’m only dreaming that up because no bullitt or 350 next year.

boss302? Those rumours still flying?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Is it a stretch to imagine a Mach 1 carbon track pack??

I’m envisioning an S550 like above with a 5.2cpc - 540hp NA.

DCT, Carbon trackpack but all in a package of about 3850lbs.

GT500 except NA. Kind of what a GT350 with a DCT could have been, except with the new aero and a bit more grunt from a CPC.

Mach R?

edit: I’m only dreaming that up because no bullitt or 350 next year.
I'm still holding out hope.........but we need to see prototypes soon if this is to happen. I love the idea of a n/a 5.2 cpc (a production version of the crate aluminator XS). Whilst the DCT would be cool, I think that'll remain a GT500-only transmission. The 10-speed, with a unique (quicker) shift tune would possibly suffice. Make the carbon stuff an option to keep pricing realistic.

Talking of prototypes.....I can't believe this one hasn't been spotted again. It was spied by an ordinary Joe, not a spy-photographer and this was back in April/May time. He also got video. This isn't a GT500 as the front end uses the '18+ headlamps and it has a very aggressive front splitter and that rear spoiler is also pretty large. He said it was definitely a V8. So what is it and why hasn't it been spotted since??
S550 Prototype.jpg

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I'm still holding out hope.........but we need to see prototypes soon if this is to happen. I love the idea of a n/a 5.2 cpc (a production version of the crate aluminator XS). Whilst the DCT would be cool, I think that'll remain a GT500-only transmission. The 10-speed, with a unique (quicker) shift tune would possibly suffice. Make the carbon stuff an option to keep pricing realistic.

Talking of prototypes.....I can't believe this one hasn't been spotted again. It was spied by an ordinary Joe, not a spy-photographer and this was back in April/May time. He also got video. This isn't a GT500 as the front end uses the '18+ headlamps and it has a very aggressive front splitter and that rear spoiler is also pretty large. He said it was definitely a V8. So what is it and why hasn't it been spotted since??
S550 Prototype.jpg
A Boss maybe?? Hmmm
Sponsored