Sponsored

Start The Car With Exhaust In Track Mode?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
Is that a thing? Can we turn the accessory power on, switch the exhaust to Track mode, and hear the car snarl when it's started?

If no one knows, I'll find out in a bit.
Sponsored

Teej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 401A, PP2 & 2017 Mazda 6 6spd
Is that a thing? Can we turn the accessory power on, switch the exhaust to Track mode, and hear the car snarl when it's started?

From what I noticed, unless you have the car starting in quiet mode, it always starts with the valve completely open, aka track mode.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
From what I noticed, unless you have the car starting in quiet mode, it always starts with the valve completely open, aka track mode.
If yours does this it is broken. Car will always default to normal mode unless to have it set to start in quiet. Check page 190 in your owners manual.

Teej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 401A, PP2 & 2017 Mazda 6 6spd
If yours does this it is broken. Car will always default to normal mode unless to have it set to start in quiet. Check page 190 in your owners manual.
I have it set for quiet mode for certain time of day, when it starts there the valve is completely closed. When not in quiet mode, it starts in normal mode. Normal mode on stat up the valve is completely open. This is standard, Normal and sport don't mean the valve is only partially open, it just means how the valve is controlled as in how much it opens and closes, aka "active". Normal on start up valves are completely open. Don't believe me, go check for yourself on this. I thought the same thing originally until a friend started mine up for me, and I saw that the valves are completely open on start up. at least on cold start up they are. Not sure if that changes based on temp but every time my car starts (when not in quiet) i have noticed the valves are open.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I have it set for quiet mode for certain time of day, when it starts there the valve is completely closed. When not in quiet mode, it starts in normal mode. Normal mode on stat up the valve is completely open. This is standard, Normal and sport don't mean the valve is only partially open, it just means how the valve is controlled as in how much it opens and closes, aka "active". Normal on start up valves are completely open. Don't believe me, go check for yourself on this. I thought the same thing originally until a friend started mine up for me, and I saw that the valves are completely open on start up. at least on cold start up they are. Not sure if that changes based on temp but every time my car starts (when not in quiet) i have noticed the valves are open.
Gotcha, honestly I’ve never looked at the valves on cold start. I was just responding to your comment on track mode.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
My quiet start is broken. I have a time of day for quiet start set, but it is not (ever) honored. I just punch the start button, cringe at the start blatt, and flick up to quiet mode. That is the way of things.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
Soooo......I keep forgetting to set the exhaust to Track when I'm starting the car up 1st thing in the morning. I'll try to remember when I leave work today.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
When you start the car it automatically defaults to Normal Exhaust Mode (or Quiet Exhaust Mode if you have that set) no matter what you do.

Sponsored

Voluntearz_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/10R80
Here's what I've noticed from using remote start and watching the valves: the valves default to track mode when the car is off (that might be because it is almost always turned off in track mode). When I start the car, it is in track mode for a second and then the valve defaults to normal. In my experience there isn't a noticeable difference in the idles anyways, even with a resonator delete.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Here's what I've noticed from using remote start and watching the valves: the valves default to track mode when the car is off (that might be because it is almost always turned off in track mode). When I start the car, it is in track mode for a second and then the valve defaults to normal. In my experience there isn't a noticeable difference in the idles anyways, even with a resonator delete.
Have you tried doing what NoVaGT is looking to do?

Shdwrlmstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Mustang GT PP (s550)

Sadly you cannot do that.

Believe me I've tried and asked many people only quiet and normal would be sick to start In atleast sport not even sport allows it.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Sadly you cannot do that.

Believe me I've tried and asked many people only quiet and normal would be sick to start In atleast sport not even sport allows it.
I just started my car in Track mode. Like, 20 minutes ago.
Sponsored