• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I could definitely feel a difference in the upper rpm range on WOT, especially at shifts.
that's not exactly "daily driving" now is it... Or your local police force is very laid back.
Sponsored

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
that's not exactly "daily driving" now is it... Or your local police force is very laid back.
Yes, they are pretty laid back AND there are lots of opportunity for WOT pulls around here without posing a hazard to anyone but myself. I am not talking running it up to 100+ or anything, just first couple of gears or so. I do enjoy a good full throttle pull at least once every couple of days. I would have bought a Prius otherwise.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
EPA apparently "adjusts" the MPG rating based on it using non-ethanol gas by something like 10%
LMFAO. The US military did tests on straight gas vs E10.. the difference was something like .2-.3 mpg and that as they say wasn't statistically significant in any way shape or form. As far as 91+ making 'slightly more' horsepower, laughable. It makes a lot more horsepower in stock form.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
87 octane for better millage? That's hillarious.
I don’t care what octane you use, it won’t affect your millage. Lol. I use cheap gas so my real estate taxes are lower. This makes no sense.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t care what octane you use, it won’t affect your millage. Lol. I use cheap gas so my real estate taxes are lower. This makes no sense.
Point being sir all things being equal the mileage is the same between 87/89/91/92/93/94/100 or whatever. But if you can get more timing for x rpm you will see MPG gains.

Sponsored

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
Last week I get 93 octane, for about $2.80 a gallon at Costco. A lot less expensive than other stations 93. Perhaps 15 to 20 cents more than the typical station's 87...

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My local BP has 93 at $2.79 a gallon and 87 is $2.26. I frequently get .07 off on 93 using my Gas Buddy card.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
c_oc=AQkmDtCFnPFLFtyr0wK9-e4-tQMxCWWa-HAR1ECtBtep1Km38ZTf9LVkDtGAUZ3JDEA&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc2-1.jpg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
i am sure you are correct on most locations. Where I am, temps have been in the mid to upper 90s. I filled up with BP 93 driving home from dealership as I am positive it had 87 in it. In less than 100 miles I could definitely feel a difference in the upper rpm range on WOT, especially at shifts. Interestingly I recently watched a VMP video and they were mainly discussing Boostane. During the question answer session, one of the VMP guys stated that on a stock 18 or 19 Mustang 5.0 there was little to no benefit to running Boostane. He did state that the 15-17 5.0 would actually add more timing up to around 95-96 octane. It seems the stock tune is pretty maxed out for 93 octane on the 18-19 5.0.

i recently ran two tanks of 87 and the WOT performance was again decreased like it was when we first purchased it. I just filled it up with 93 and will probably run that until the weather “cools off” then switch back to 87.
We get maybe a handful of days per year when it's mid to upper 90s. Not really that often. I think using higher than 87 octane does make more of a difference when you live in an extremely hot climate like yours. Mid to upper 90s in October must be hard to bear. I couldn't take it.

It's going to be 40s and 50s here today. Traction is a little more limited - even in a Corvette - and high octane not needed.

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We get maybe a handful of days per year when it's mid to upper 90s. Not really that often. I think using higher than 87 octane does make more of a difference when you live in an extremely hot climate like yours. Mid to upper 90s in October must be hard to bear. I couldn't take it.

It's going to be 40s and 50s here today. Traction is a little more limited - even in a Corvette - and high octane not needed.

It was a lot cooler this morning on a trip to Pensacola. My wife was driving and the 5.0 was feeling strong on the 2nd tank of 93. :)

72DC0538-FA5C-44B3-B1D0-CC20326267C2.jpeg

Sponsored

BarberStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitchell
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (base,6Spd,BAP)
There's an Exxon sitting just outside my subdivision, so I got an Exxon Rewards Card, hooked it up to the Exxon app, and they're now my exclusive gas provider. Love activating the pump from my phone while I'm pulling up to it. Fill up with 93, and I'm on my way.
Same bro same.

Alerotaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Actually many many many many many stations actually dont put ethanol in the Premium Grade.. Just a FYI.. I run Reg unleaded. Car is a daily driver, the tune is set up for 87 and any variation can be adjusted by the computer. What I have ead in the past is dont bounce back and forth between gas grades.. Dont know if its as true today as it used to be..

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We have a station near us that has non ethanol 93 but it is almost a dollar a gallon higher. No thanks. I toyed with 87 for two tanks but I am now back on 93 for good. I even got serious and put this on the fuel door. :)

3F997B4E-EC75-45E6-B325-EFB5E4714DC1.jpeg

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
What I have ead in the past is dont bounce back and forth between gas grades.. Dont know if its as true today as it used to be..
So for these cars I'm all about for chrissake run the god fawking damn premium. You bought a car with a high performance engine, feed it high performance food. It's just the principle of it. HOWEVER, I also know 87 is acceptable. Not ideal but acceptable. So why would bouncing between grades be detrimental? (PS, it's really not a big deal unless you're tuned for a high octane. But in no condition EVER run that 85 or 84 octane stuff that you can sometimes find in the mountains. Ford explicitly says that is a big no no.)