Sponsored

Info on guys reviewing the GT500 in San Fran

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Seems odd to me that we are so close to build dates, (at least before they were moved) and we have no reviews of the car.

Seems like someone here will get one before we ever see a review.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I use to like stankmode until he went c8 beyond crazy:lipssealed:
Yuck. He's always been a tool.

To the topic in hand: it is quite curious that they are embargoed this long. There has to be a strategic reason for it.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Nah, just stop in here from time to time to see if there is ANY kind a performance stats/reviews, low and behold, notta. Even weeks before delivery.

Ford did this with the GT and GM brought out the ZR1 Vette soon after and crushed the GTs times.

If presenting facts makes me a troll, then I guess I'm a troll on a yes man site. Sheesh
Lol. Only took GM three years to figure it out. And it was on one specific track. And the record lap the GT posted was with the driver Billy Johnson not trying for that. Then Chevy goes all out and claims a win for something that wasnā€™t even a competition. But when you see various videos pitting the two cars against each other, you see the GT on top.

Might want to slow your (t)roll.

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
Lol. Only took GM three years to figure it out. And it was on one specific track. And the record lap the GT posted was with the driver Billy Johnson not trying for that. Then Chevy goes all out and claims a win for something that wasnā€™t even a competition. But when you see various videos pitting the two cars against each other, you see the GT on top.

Might want to slow your (t)roll.

Unfortunately Ford is the biggest troll here.

I mean seriously.... We're approaching mid Oct...and crickets

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Unfortunately Ford is the biggest troll here.

I mean seriously.... We're approaching mid Oct...and crickets
the cars aren't even being produced yet. Ford is managing things well when you consider there are the last minute spoilers trying to steal their thunder, and one competitor in particular isn't known for honesty.

Havenā€™t heard any c8 impressions either and that things been in various iterations of development since the ā€˜60s.

Sponsored

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Yuck. He's always been a tool.

To the topic in hand: it is quite curious that they are embargoed this long. There has to be a strategic reason for it.
the cars aren't even being produced yet. Ford is managing things well when you consider there are the last minute spoilers trying to steal their thunder, and one competitor in particular isn't known for honesty.

Havenā€™t heard any c8 impressions either and that things been in various iterations of development since the ā€˜60s.
C8 embargos will be lifted on 10/16 from what I heard. Road and Track and Motortrend already have posted about having test cars. Take into consideration the C8 isn't in saleable production either, so a car doesn't have to be in production to have test units out there. Whatever Ford's treason is, I don't see why people are getting upset or defending this. Anybody that follows cars of any brand knows that this close to release there are normally some reviews out there, unless it's a Ferrari. It could mean something, it could not. But the people asking have a valid question.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I think Ford is waiting until they can hand over certified production cars to the reviewers.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
Most people on this thread probably already know this, but I thought it may be worth mentioning. Ford has a track tour event scheduled for the end of this month in Las Vegas. Unless there is still an embargo in place real world reviews of the car should be available prior to the car rolling off the assembly line.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
C8 embargos will be lifted on 10/16 from what I heard. Road and Track and Motortrend already have posted about having test cars. Take into consideration the C8 isn't in saleable production either, so a car doesn't have to be in production to have test units out there. Whatever Ford's treason is, I don't see why people are getting upset or defending this. Anybody that follows cars of any brand knows that this close to release there are normally some reviews out there, unless it's a Ferrari. It could mean something, it could not. But the people asking have a valid question.
agreed. On both sides. Skeptics of the c8 have valid points also.

It itā€™s nothing new. Both cars are going to deliver on their promises. The corvette on its 0-60 times and the 500 everything else. Will be interesting to see if track prowess between the two is reduced to the type of track (smaller car vs bigger car. Less power vs more power, etc.)

Ford and Chevy are both playing their cards close to the vest. Thereā€™s a lot at stake. Especially with Camaro heading to the graveyard.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
agreed. On both sides. Skeptics of the c8 have valid points also.

It itā€™s nothing new. Both cars are going to deliver on their promises. The corvette on its 0-60 times and the 500 everything else. Will be interesting to see if track prowess between the two is reduced to the type of track (smaller car vs bigger car. Less power vs more power, etc.)

Ford and Chevy are both playing their cards close to the vest. Thereā€™s a lot at stake. Especially with Camaro heading to the graveyard.
They really have not been holding anything with the C8. The information has been released in a very timely manner so far. There was a configurator available at launch. Power figures were available at launch. Pricing was revealed only a few weeks after launch. Now driving impressions are due to be released in a week. This is all within 2 months. And the C8 is still months away from going on sale. It took 6 months just for us to learn the horsepower for the GT500. A configurator just went live (with mistakes) and the car is due to be on the streets within a month. I think the car will do fine, but the roll out has been pretty lackluster for a halo Mustang.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
wow. another C8 thread. im soo happy to read about the next honda civic of american cars.

Its almost like Ford themselves have stated they want the reviewers to show what the car can do, rather than post some #s up.

( IE Thats exactly what they said they wanted to do) Oct 27+28 Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Ill be there with camera and Dragy in hand

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
wow. another C8 thread. im soo happy to read about the next honda civic of american cars.

Its almost like Ford themselves have stated they want the reviewers to show what the car can do, rather than post some #s up.

( IE Thats exactly what they said they wanted to do) Oct 27+28 Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Ill be there with camera and Dragy in hand
You really need to learn how to play nice with others. Given these cars are 2 new players in town, from American automakers, they will naturally be mentioned together often. And the C8 deserves every bit of attention it's getting. How often does a model go through that type of revolution? Get used to it. Stop downing non Mustangs and appreciate the times we're in. The cars you like aren't the only good ones out there you know? And with the way the auto industry is going, before long we won't event have any ICE cars to debate over period. I'll be on the lookout for your videos at the end of the month.

jcartwright734

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dream car
Can I fit a car seat in the Vette? Asking for a friend.

In all seriousness, the GM trolls are moving the goalposts. They know they the Camaro is toast in a few weeks as there 1Le will be knocked off the mountain top. So letā€™s focus on a car that is technically a different class but roughly in same price range. Oh GM is only giving us snippets of what they want out there. Goalpost moves and bench racing begins.

With the strike, you wonā€™t see the Vettes on the lots till late summer early fall.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
You really need to learn how to play nice with others. Given these cars are 2 new players in town, from American automakers, they will naturally be mentioned together often. And the C8 deserves every bit of attention it's getting. How often does a model go through that type of revolution? Get used to it. Stop downing non Mustangs and appreciate the times we're in. The cars you like aren't the only good ones out there you know? And with the way the auto industry is going, before long we won't event have any ICE cars to debate over period. I'll be on the lookout for your videos at the end of the month.
if i want to talk about the C8, ill go to a corvette forum. does that make sense? The c8 is junk and in no way relevant until the z06/zr1 options are announced. discuss the current options is purely for trolling, if you know anythign about cars other than what the magazines tell you

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
They really have not been holding anything with the C8. The information has been released in a very timely manner so far. There was a configurator available at launch. Power figures were available at launch. Pricing was revealed only a few weeks after launch. Now driving impressions are due to be released in a week. This is all within 2 months. And the C8 is still months away from going on sale. It took 6 months just for us to learn the horsepower for the GT500. A configurator just went live (with mistakes) and the car is due to be on the streets within a month. I think the car will do fine, but the roll out has been pretty lackluster for a halo Mustang.
No they havenā€™t. Ford has already give. Ballpark 0-60 and 1320 times. Top speed is also known. So that whole argument is just plain false.

Meanwhile Chevy has been confusing which is which in terms of price and performance.

We still donā€™t know the actual performance of the base vs the z51.

Quoting only the base price and the z51 performance to start with was very disingenuous. But thatā€™s not new for Chevy, home of ā€œsimulations.ā€ And quoting 0-60 isnā€™t helping. If the 1320 times floating around the net are true for this car, then itā€™s already handily sparked hard by the 500.

And what Chevy says it does may be different than what it actually does.

Thatā€™s why I have no issues with Ford letting the reviewers do the talking when the embargo is up.

No issues with embargo either as there are so many variables in the competition right now. It helps manage anticipation for the 500 in the midst of all the new announcements from others. If they shot their load right away, then theyā€™d be drowned out by the myriad of hype announcements from elsewhere. Itā€™s smart. Especially with the car bring as good as it is.

Others announce their new hotness thinking it makes the gt500 sound like old news. Then... SLAP! The reviews come in. And itā€™s grin city.
Sponsored