Sponsored

2020 EcoBoost High Performance Package, 330 HP / 350 LB-FT, 0-60 mid 4's [Updated With Video]

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I didn’t have the PP on my 15’ Premium but I drove a friends. Awesome car.
So my question. If you were to buy a new Mustang EB would you add the HPP? If yes, would it include the Handling Package?
I would include the PP but probably not the HP.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I would include the PP but probably not the HP.
Gotcha, just trying to see how many current EB owners would spend the extra dollars for the HPP. If I were to buy another EB I wouldn’t think twice about it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Oh heavens no, this one’s already 36 pages long and it’s only one of three posts on the topic.

I believe that these packages are reasonably priced for what you get. It’s good to see current EB owners feel the same. Mustang sales are down and the category is not growing. Anything that Ford can do to increase Mustang sales is welcome.

Deleted member

Ah its so nice to finally read a page in this thread without someone talking about or believing that the new HPP will have a stronger motor...

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Apparently I have touched a NERVE with some people. Look gang I am 76 years old and have been driving stick shift and automatics before some of you were born. I recently ordered a 2020 GT Premium with the 10 speed auto so that being said yes I have been around the block a few times. I have also owned and driven the 4 cylinder variants from GM , Ford, and Honda. In fact my lady bought a brand new 4 cylinder Ecoboost Escape when we moved to North Carolina. Her Escape is a nice car and I do enjoy driving it. So those with "THIN SKIN" lighten up and get a life, it's only an opinion. This is an information forum and not a pissing contest.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
This is an information forum and not a pissing contest.
I think we might disagree on the definition of "information" as observed from the various post-streams. *grin*

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how it feels vs ecoboost w ford tune. Reason I ask, I love my little eco w the ford flash kit.

don’t they produce the same amount of numbers hp tq? My question is how much different would it feel from mine? Makes me wonder

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My question is how much different would it feel from mine? Makes me wonder
You'd have to run it up to redline on a frequent basis I think. This morning I was shifting at 5 grand and the acceleration felt perfectly acceptable. I have 3.55 torsion and Unleashed Tune on '19 EB. I very much doubt the difference will be "dramatic" short of driving on a proper road-course.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Apparently I have touched a NERVE with some people. Look gang I am 76 years old and have been driving stick shift and automatics before some of you were born. I recently ordered a 2020 GT Premium with the 10 speed auto so that being said yes I have been around the block a few times. I have also owned and driven the 4 cylinder variants from GM , Ford, and Honda. In fact my lady bought a brand new 4 cylinder Ecoboost Escape when we moved to North Carolina. Her Escape is a nice car and I do enjoy driving it. So those with "THIN SKIN" lighten up and get a life, it's only an opinion. This is an information forum and not a pissing contest.
The problem with the world today is that every jackass feels they have a right to insult others in the name of "opinion", and when you get called out for being a jackass you immediately fall back to the "thin skin" defense. News flash old man, if you are going to insult others don't get your panties in a knot when you get slapped.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford did a great job with the exhaust. Nothing like a fart can ricer you’d expect from a performance exhaust on a 4.
Until I drove an ActiveExhaust EB I had no intention of buying a car with that option. Similarly the x01A package to get the drive modes. On the EB it really makes a worthwhile difference. My GT is a base and I contrasted it with a x01A and AE and it wasn't the same degree of improvement and I decided against.
Now if it was possible to hear the turbos with some mods.
Indeed, a little bit of whistle would be nice in like Sport mode.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
You sound like you're buying an engine to run on a stand.

The base EB really doesn't make nearly as much noise as a wood chipper. It's pretty quiet outside and all you really hear is the fake engine noise which sounds nothing like a wood chipper. I can't imagine the active exhaust on "quiet" is any different if you don't like the sound.

Anyway, I don't know how any of these sounds could be reasonably characterized as "wood chipper."

OMG that sounds horrible.

And whatever to the wood chipper comment.

But that car looks beautiful and I love the rims on it. If I had bought a ecoboost my car would’ve been paid off a long time ago. Can’t you just drive with the windows rolled up ? I’m sure it’s pretty fast and lots of fun to drive.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
The problem with the world today is that every jackass feels they have a right to insult others in the name of "opinion", and when you get called out for being a jackass you immediately fall back to the "thin skin" defense. News flash old man, if you are going to insult others don't get your panties in a knot when you get slapped.
Allow me to clarify a few things. First I never called anyone a Jackass or an Old Man and I never knowingly insulted anyone (Unlike you) I only offered my take on things. If anything you said bothered me that would be a stretch. I have fought for this Country and was in Law enforcement my entire life. Trust me if you were on fire I would step over you that's about how much I care.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Gotcha, just trying to see how many current EB owners would spend the extra dollars for the HPP. If I were to buy another EB I wouldn’t think twice about it.
I would spend the extra $ on the HP. Why? Magneride, Torsen and better tyres.

I live in Central FL too...I drove a regular EB and mine with PP feels more planted, responsive and brakes better.

Magneride is really not required, but for cruising with the wife and long trips I’m sure it’s worth it.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I bought mine specifically for the Magneride. The A10/EB combo was also a must-have. I guess that means I would buy the HPP/HP as long as the A10 was available. Daily driver for me, so I want to make the drive fun and sitting in traffic tolerable.
Sponsored