Sponsored

Help! Buying a PP2

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
try Carmax for trade in. I got a higher value than dealerships were willing to budge. Was able to use Carmax quote as negotiation tool to get the dealer I ended up using to "match". They basically gave enough trade in to make it work out with the tax savings and a little bit extra, like 200 bucks better than if I had sold to Carmax. but having the Carmax offer allowed me to tell them I wasn't trading in and I worked the numbers as if I was buying the car by itself and not messing with a trade. I know obviously that you can do that on your own without using Carmax by bluffing but it was nice knowing that worst case I had a set amount for my old GT.

edit: forgot to add that the Carmax appraisal was pretty short. I think I was there for like maybe 20 minutes, 30 at the most and they had the offer to me. No pressure from them either way and I have not been hassled one time by them after visiting and getting the offer. that's the part I hate about dealerships, they take forever, they low ball you and then they hassle you with emails, calls, texts forever afterwards
Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
kart31,
I will not say I did my homework but had some small amount of education and took a stab in the dark. I am just presenting my research and where it led me. I figured I wanted the centers of the tires to line up so I want to stick with existing offset. I heard that when adding spacers, they can affect handling and steering effort. I felt I wanted o keep things, within my limited knowledge, as stock as possible.

Good luck with your PP2 in MD winters. I will, in my own thread on this, post how they work out on Long Island after a snow or two.

best of luck.

Frank

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Thank you. It looks like you did your homework, so I will go with the 275/35's also for winter. When I buy the aftermarket wheels from SVE, should I go with 10 inch wheels for the front and 11 inch wheels for the rears, or do 10 inch wheels all around? So it looks like 275/35's will fit both the stock wheels and SVE aftermarkets? Thank you for your response.

Thank you, sir for your response. Yes, I prefer the height and safety over winter. I do not have a second vehicle and will be daily driving in rain, mild snow, etc.

I actually posted it online for $17K and all I got were a bunch of teenagers looking for test drives, whom did not know how to drive stick shift :( I had to drive for some of them, etc... I rather get $15K trade in + tax benefit and not have to worry about the headache of dealing with a bunch of people to be honest.
You might need to do some more research on the tire/wheel fitment to make sure. When looking at a second set of wheels for track use I wanted to go with a 305/30-19 square setup. That required me to look at 25mm spacers, extended studs and wheels with +50mm offset. This is in the front. Rear is still stock studs with no spacers. I'll get extended studs next year for the rear just because it makes changing wheels easier. Going with a narrower wheel and tire could possibly save you from the spacer setup. Also, there are some 18" wheels that will fit over the PP brakes. The only ones I know for sure will fit are from Apex. Contact them and they will probably be able to help you figure out what sizes, offsets, backspacing etc you can use. As some have stated a taller tire in the winter would be better so an 18" might be the way to go.

Trading vs selling can make things a lot easier and you get the tax savings. Unless you were to sell for nearly $20K you wouldn't come out ahead much. Plus if you still owe on your trade then it removes another step on your side.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
You might need to do some more research on the tire/wheel fitment to make sure. When looking at a second set of wheels for track use I wanted to go with a 305/30-19 square setup. That required me to look at 25mm spacers, extended studs and wheels with +50mm offset. This is in the front. Rear is still stock studs with no spacers. I'll get extended studs next year for the rear just because it makes changing wheels easier. Going with a narrower wheel and tire could possibly save you from the spacer setup. Also, there are some 18" wheels that will fit over the PP brakes. The only ones I know for sure will fit are from Apex. Contact them and they will probably be able to help you figure out what sizes, offsets, backspacing etc you can use. As some have stated a taller tire in the winter would be better so an 18" might be the way to go.

Trading vs selling can make things a lot easier and you get the tax savings. Unless you were to sell for nearly $20K you wouldn't come out ahead much. Plus if you still owe on your trade then it removes another step on your side.
SO you needed spacers because you did not get front wheels with +24mm offset? The +50mm offset will tuck the wheels into the fender more and you used a spacer to push it back out 25mm to get the tire within 1mm of stock placement.

Why not just use +24mm offset wheels in the front? Besides, 24mm offset wheel will be deeper looking than +50mm offset wheels (about 1 inch deeper). What was the reason for this?

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SO you needed spacers because you did not get front wheels with +24mm offset? The +50mm offset will tuck the wheels into the fender more and you used a spacer to push it back out 25mm to get the tire within 1mm of stock placement.

Why not just use +24mm offset wheels in the front? Besides, 24mm offset wheel will be deeper looking than +50mm offset wheels (about 1 inch deeper). What was the reason for this?
Again, my purposes were different. I am using them for driving on a track and wanted a true square setup that allows me to rotate the tires for maximum tire life. The stock PP2 wheels can't be rotated even though they are the same tire size. I'm not recommending this way for winter tire use. I would recommend a narrower wheel/tire combo for that. Just wanted the OP to be aware of the differences and do the due diligence to make sure what they are looking at will work.

Sponsored

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
You can do better.

1. they WILL match a lower processing fee (koons Baltimore only charges 300)
2. there is a same msrp pp2 (50,940) which has a wow price of 42581 at Baltimore.

look for this vin: 1FA6P8CF9K5195774

They will match this price.
Or better yet, play the two against each other.

as for winter, get a set of pp1 wheels and slap on some blizzaks. You'll be fine.

If you get a pp2, i think we'll be the only 2 guys in moco to have them. =)

Good luck!

OP
OP

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
What are the offsets for the stock wheels?

For some reason, the black PP1 wheels never grew on me - so I will get the SVE SP2 replicas instead.

I want to compare the SVE's and stock wheels for the fitment of 275/35R19's.

I will go with 19X10/11 - GLOSS GRAPHITE, and they come with the following:

Wheel Specs
Front:
Size: 19x10
Backspace: 6.88"
Offset: +35mm
Weight: 24.1lbs

Rear:
Size: 19x11
Backspace: 7.97"
Offset: +50mm
Weight: 24.5lbs

OP
OP

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
fronts at -24 and rear at -48 for the factory pp2 wheels.

*I THINK*

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...set-v6-ecoboost-gt-2015-2019/p/M1007KM19XB-V/

Offset: +45mm (Front) +52.5mm (Rear)

I actually went with 4 of the 19x9's so i have a square setup for winter that i could rotate and stuff.
So you were able to do 19x9 +45mm on the front? Good to know. I guess with 1.5" less wheel width another 3/4" or so of offset still works. I may consider winter wheels and tires at some point just so I can have a little fun with the car in the colder months. Then in the summer maybe I'll mount some cheap rubber on them for drifting and burnouts. :rockon:

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
fronts at -24 and rear at -48 for the factory pp2 wheels.

*I THINK*
actually, it is +24 front, +48 rear. The mount is towards the outside a bit tucking the wheels inward on the PP2.

Front:
305/30R19 19"x10.5", +24 offset

Rear
305/30R19 19"x11", +48 offset

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2007 Nissan Titan; 2010 Hyundai Veracruz; 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
What the heck is "processing?" I ORDERED mine and didn't pay any processing. My list was a tad over $50k and I got it for $44.5k.

tell 'em to process out the processing or sell it to someone else.

A buddy of mine just got a new Corvette here in southern California. Bought it from New Jersey, and had it shipped out. Listed for $64k+ and he got it for $51k plus shipping ($1,500). Should be able to do something similar with a PP2 ... not quite as much savings because the car costs less.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KP
Vehicle(s)
2007 BMW 335i, 2016 VW Golf R
That's not that great of a deal. You're so excited about the car and planning on owning it that you're already looking at tire sizes for the vehicle...that you don't even own. Baby steps.

Get a better deal on the car itself, get a better deal on your trade-in, THEN worry about the tires. There are plenty of Mustangs-even PP2s despite what some on here feel-don't be in such a rush to get one that you get screwed on purchase price on a vehicle that depreciates like no other.