Adz

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
It definitely would be interested to see what has caused it but I doubt ford would give me that info if/when they've fully stripped down the engine
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It definitely would be interested to see what has caused it but I doubt ford would give me that info if/when they've fully stripped down the engine
Keep us posted on it, on a plus new engine, on a downside.... you've got another 1k miles of less fun brake in period :(!

OP
OP
Adz

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
Back! A teething issue with the radiator hose that decided to fall off and leaked coolant all over the engine bay and almost over heated the engine.

Now just need to remember to reduce that weight on my right foot!

etbiru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Back! A teething issue with the radiator hose that decided to fall off and leaked coolant all over the engine bay and almost over heated the engine.

Now just need to remember to reduce that weight on my right foot!
The radiator hose cant just fall off even if you drive it like a maniac.
This means they did poor installation and did not pressure test it.
If they did not even do this basic checks god knows what else they did not do during your new engine installation.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Adz

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
True true the clip was weak so they fitted a new clip and gave me some vpower for the inconvenience. I will keep an eye on it until I Jack it up to inspect as much as I can myself

OP
OP
Adz

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
Can anyone confirm if this sticker near the dip stick is the engine build date? Does this mean i have an engine that has the potential to run in to one of the main common problems such as the s****y tick etc?

20191005_160738.jpg

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone confirm if this sticker near the dip stick is the engine build date? Does this mean i have an engine that has the potential to run in to one of the main common problems such as the s****y tick etc?

20191005_160738.jpg
I would have thought the engine would have been newer than that.
Mine is Dec 17 date and had the tick.

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver

20191005_160738.jpg

Surely as you have a 2019, car it should have a 2018/19 engine, with all the new features, not an old 2017 one ?

OP
OP
Adz

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
That's what I thought and just contacted service which sent me a picture of the sticker on the original engine which has a build date of build date of Feb 2019.

So at least I have it documented so if I start having the 'characteristics' of an old engine revision, then I have ground to stand on when challenging Ford.

Tbf the dealer has been brilliant, but Ford shouldn't have released an engine this old for a car this new.

Sponsored

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
They all have the tick and rattle. Whether you notice or hear it is another matter. Mine is very loud. Complained to my dealer, changed oil, went to Ford direct, they say it's normal. The dealer let me hear another new 2019 just delivered and it had it as well. Trying to decide if I keep mine or take it back.

Ontheedge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019 K6383
They all have the tick and rattle. Whether you notice or hear it is another matter. Mine is very loud. Complained to my dealer, changed oil, went to Ford direct, they say it's normal. The dealer let me hear another new 2019 just delivered and it had it as well. Trying to decide if I keep mine or take it back.
About the tick and rattle.
I have a 2019 Bullitt with 1700km on the meter, no rattle or tick. Fingers crossed. I did the break in by the manual.

OP
OP
Adz

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
Just run the car in, again, for a second time. Well 1k miles so far on the new engine. Unfortunately I am not getting the fuel econemy which I did in the orignal engine. 30mpg down to 21ish mpg. But I didn't buy it for the economy, but its a shame!
CORSA Xtreme exhaust being fitted as we speak.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
@Adz

Stick with it, I hope things get better for you. I expect the sound of the new exhaust will help :fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
Adz

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
Well I've been out in it most of the day.

Love the new exhaust! CORSA Sport to Xtreme (correction).

Quiet start which sounds stock is retained so I don't piss the neighbours off. Normal mode is the SPORT variation of the CORSA sound. Sport/track mode is the XTREME variation of the CORSA sound.

So you get 3 distinct sounds from 1 exhaust. Under load it is quite loud but not defening, but sounds like its slapping the car behind in the face, quite a nice loud though - not obnoxious.
When cruising it sounds completely stock with no drone.

Yes I've only had it on for a few hours, but I'm already in love!
Sponsored