Display acting up, not sure what's going on

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metal
So let me begin by saying I have googled everything. Stopping short of reverting my Forscan settings back to factory I am not sure.

About December of last year i bought a OBDLINK MX bluetooth adapter and connected to the car. I changed the double honk, rapid flash blinker and I changed my splash screen to the GT one.

Yesterday, almost a year later my display no longer has the GT splash but rather the blue ford oval. I tried restarting the car, disconnecting the battery and holding the power and next track buttons but nothing has worked.

I am attaching a couple of photos to show what it is currently doing, any ideas? 2017 premium, radio still works, voice commands still work but touchscreen is non functioning and does not change from the home screen layout pictured below. Nav arrow still moves on screen when driving but that's it.
20191006_153248.jpg
20191006_153322.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
LeagueRacing

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
Mine did the same thing after the SYNC update. It has since switched to a black screen.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-put-out-syncgen3-0_3-0-19205_product.129240/
Yes, mine will switch to a black screen if I hit the music icon on the audio control cluster.

I have used my OBDLINK MX bluetooth adapter to run diagnostic test on the apim and nothing. I cannot seem to get forscan to connect anymore (no ELM error) where back on 1/25/2019 it connected perfect.

I have also discovered that the keyless lock does not function though keyless entry still does. Plan on taking it to the dealer tomorrow if I can make it on time. I am thinking the APIM has gone bad to some degree as I read this is an issue

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
I went online to look for the SYNC update file again - it was there yesterday. Well today the Ford site states a download is not available at this time. Hmm. Please keep me posted on what the dealer finds. Where is the APIM?

OP
OP
LeagueRacing

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
I went online to look for the SYNC update file again - it was there yesterday. Well today the Ford site states a download is not available at this time. Hmm. Please keep me posted on what the dealer finds. Where is the APIM?
Behind the display. Have to pull dash trim and remove screen. Then screwed into the back of the screen is the apim module.

I heard that someone downloaded the zip before ford took it down and everything worked fine. I also heard that they removed the ford gt theme so that may be a problem as mine was programmed to run that theme. If they removed it then there may be a conflict in the code.

At the least I'm hoping the dealer can access and reset to factory specs. I'll just go back through forscan to change the double honk, rapid blinker and leave the theme alone.

Sponsored

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Ditto here, had the GT Splash Screen on mine also when it updated. I do have the recent update saved, just was checking on it again today.

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Just went out to the car to plug in Forscan - The GT splash was on when I opened the door. Weird. Earlier tonight I put v2.2 on a thumb drive and loaded it via USB in the car. Ofcourse, I cant see what is happening due to no screen. Now I have cycled the car a couple of times after but came out and now have 2.2 back on SYNC. Now it is doing an over the air update.

OP
OP
LeagueRacing

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
Well I just got forscan to connect and put the apim back to the mustang gt theme. Thought maybe writing to the apim might unfreeze it but nope, just a blank screen when opening the door. After a minute the home screen loads as in the picture, no time, temp, controls or info boxes, just the nav map.

OP
OP
LeagueRacing

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I need to do an update to it. I had it set to connect to wifi but I have not received any notices for over the air update.

Is it fords website that let's you download via us ?

OP
OP
LeagueRacing

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for me saying but this is f-ing weird.

Found a usb, came to the car to get my laptop and the mustang gt logo came up...and now my display works again.

Wonder if I can get the gt splash screen back on now, I am a gambling man
20191006_233700.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
LeagueRacing

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
So I put the apim back to the gt splash screen and m back where I started. I'm going to go back to the factory setting but guess I need to get ahold of version 2.2 since it still works for you.

I just checked and I have 3.0

I turned off automatic updates

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
I downloaded the update via the Ford owner site a couple of days ago. Tonight, it states it’s not available. Weird.

Mine is updating from 2.2 back to 3, at least I think. It’s connected to WiFi and downloading something. Fingers crossed.

DM me a Gmail email and I’ll drop the 2.2 in it and share it.

OP
OP
LeagueRacing

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
I downloaded the update via the Ford owner site a couple of days ago. Tonight, it states it’s not available. Weird.

Mine is updating from 2.2 back to 3, at least I think. It’s connected to WiFi and downloading something. Fingers crossed.

Thanks, PM Sent

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

I am having the same issue. Ford GT Splash screen and I updated last week and my screen is blank. can you drop me the 2.2, please? I am hoping this would fix the issue.

black bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem A6 White Platinum 20x9's
You need to go back to the Running Pony splash screens then the Sync3 Version 3.0 will work just fine. Both 7D0-02 and 7D0-03 need to be set to factory as built values.
Sponsored