Not open for further replies.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
this is the old more guns less gun problems trope..... nah bro.

so, we have 400,000,000 guns and you are suggesting more? If you worked in my industry you would be adding a compound to kill bacteria and when its not effective, you would just say, okay add more! Eventually it would work but at a toxicity level that would kill the host. We don't need a high dose of a low efficacy drug to cure our disease. We need a better drug!

Also, its factually inaccurate that Chicago and Baltimore are gun free zones. There are tons of guns there and the NRA would love to have you believing that gun control does not work -- the problem is its in the NRA's interest to have people buy guns because the gun industry runs them. It's about money, not safety.

Requiring a license for any semi automatic type of weapon makes sense. I had to go thru a background check and an in person interview just so I didn't have to take my shoes off to board a plane. We can at least do this sort of thing for people that are hell bent on owning a device designed to kill other people.
Hate to tell ya Mr. Sheep, but the TSA is just another freedom fraud perpetrated on the American people to make the sheep feel secure. Do a quick search on 'TSA fails' and come back and tell me how effective that load of crap really is. Glad you paid your government to trust you though. Sheep.
Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
This is completely false and you have no idea what you are talking about. I LIVED the Chicago life and worked criminal justice there. The concealed carry laws make it nearly impossible for law-abiding citizens to have a gun anywhere. There are no shooting ranges there. There's no where to buy a gun. No where to buy ammo. Everything is out in a far suburb. Illinois ALREADY HAS GUN PERMIT LAWS. It's called a FOID card. It makes no difference to criminals. Almost all of the seized guns are illegally purchased or stolen or smuggled. Or purchased through a "clean guy" in the gang who won't get his hands dirty in order to supply the others with firearms.

The fact you call for "semi automatic type of weapon" permits demonstrates you don't know much about guns. There are revolvers that are far more powerful than most semi auto handguns. You just picked up on a buzzword. And if just the guns were the problem the 400,000,000 million already in circulation surely would have killed us all by now.

I now live out west where almost everyone has a firearm. At least 50% of the people I work with carry daily. There are dozens of gun stores and ranges and outdoor shooting venues and the crime is very very low.

Pardon the angry tone but someone from Berkeley snapping back with an undeserved holier-than-thou attitude about a subject he knows NOTHING about in an area he's never served kind of ticks me off.
Ahem
That's the way to tell em from the saddle!

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Red Flag Laws.

Here is simple Google definitition.

"In the United States, a red flag law is a gun control law that permits police or family members to petition a state court to order the temporary removal of firearms from a person who may present a danger to others or themselves".

My line of work (Corporate Safety) at times requires a lot of car travel. You can imagine what I see. People texting while driving. People driving with head phones on, Feet hanging out the window. Left lane riders, no seat belts, Driving at high or low speeds. Traffic weavers...……...etc.

Removing the Firearm application:

A person who may present a danger to others or themselves"

Where are the Red Flag Laws for our dangerous drivers?

NSC vehicle deaths last three years; 2018, 40,000 people died in car crashes; 40,231 deaths in 2017 and 40,327 deaths in 2016

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
We need a new definition for red flag laws then. I'm sorry; if someone is too much a danger to others or themselves with a gun, they are too much a danger to others or themselves without a gun. Are people taking crazy pills (pun intended)? I mean, wow thank God we took the AR15 away from the kid threatening to shoot up his school. Such a shame he mowed down the marching band with his pick-up during half time; never saw that coming :rolleyes:

If someone is too much a danger to themselves or others, they need to be professionally evaluated and institutionalized and treated. We quarantine people with highly infectious fatal diseases. I don't see why fatal mental illnesses should be exempted.

How the hell can anyone who believes "guns don't kill people, people kill people" think taking guns away from anyone turns them into a teddy bear?

This is the worst example of what's the least lawmakers can do to make the idiot voter think they care. I understand focus groups showed them having all students take off their shoes before entering school wasn't enough of a diversion.

Last edited:

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hate to tell ya Mr. Sheep, but the TSA is just another freedom fraud perpetrated on the American people to make the sheep feel secure. Do a quick search on 'TSA fails' and come back and tell me how effective that load of crap really is. Glad you paid your government to trust you though. Sheep.
Last week I forgot to take my iPad out of my backpack going through airport security. TSA agent searched it, sent it and the iPad back through security. This took place as the guy in front of me picked his lighter out of the tray that just went through the scan before me. I wanted to shake the moron TSA agent who thought my iPad was a greater threat than someone someone could intentially set an aircraft on fire with. Fucking morons.

The issue with firearms in our country is the way they are projected culturally. People follow what they see; our society is full of thugs projecting a gun violent lifestyle and associating that with power and status. This is what kids and adults who don’t know better or grow up “in that life”, cope with mental illness or the inability to rationalize their anger see and are influenced by. They see a martyr when the see someone kill inncocent people. They see an opportunity to be someone by having the power to take ones life, regardless of what it’s over.

Some of government is in cahoots with a firearm lobbying association that pushes the almighty dollar to lobby for gun rights and tells every American they need to own a firearm for personal protection. Untrue. The majority of people that own guns won’t “need” it for their protection. I know that won’t resonate well with many in this crowd but I won’t EVER support the NRA. Their actions aren’t for your safety, it’s for their political agenda and anyone who thinks they’re pro citizen over being pro profit and pro government “good old boy” needs to wake up.

The government and ourselves have pitted us against each other and those that don’t side with a pro firearm attitude. We perceive democrats as the threat of removing our beloved firearms and stripping us of our right as citizens to bare arms. And that’s probably dead accurate. Democrats are terrified of republicans who lobby gun ownership because they feel it creates a scary environment for people who don’t care about or oppose gun ownership. Which is also true. Both sides are very passionate and clash.

The second amendment is an old document with the bases of which meant to protect society from a tyrannical government. It cracks me up when people say that’s still the reason to own a weapon, “to overthrow the government if needed”. Yeah, who the fuck is really going to bumrush Washington over a tyrannical government? Have fun with that and please make sure you have Life Insurance so you don’t burden your loved ones with that choice. That’s never said when a republican is in office, FYI.

Our society is too fucked up for either side to reach a middle ground. I do support strict gun laws and enforcement to keep those who should not own a firearm on the basis of previous criminal convictions, violent behavior, citizenship status, mental illness, etc. The problem truly lies within enforcement and having a robust enough system to effectively block who shouldn’t own firearms without penalizing who should.

I own several firearms. For one, I like shooting. It’s theraputic and challenging to better my skill. For two, self protection. I don’t carry daily but depending on where I/we are going it will come in the car and is always at home. Too many dipshits think it’s ok to break and enter, steal, murder, etc. If I’m ever (God forbid) a victim I’m going to fight for my life by an means required. I don’t own a gun thinking I’m tough or that it’s going to save me from a “tyrannical government”. I fear the weapons enough and understand the implications of irresponsible firearm ownership. It’s a healthy fear that too many people don’t have. That’s a direct result of “influencers” and “parents” that do a piss poor job of instilling values, government programs that promote poverty and handouts that don’t motivate people to do better.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.