Sponsored

Wheel size w/spacers and Brembo's ?

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone, I was thinking about trading my 15Gt in for a 20 performance pack. I use 18" wheels and spacers for looks with winter tires for part of the year. I have read 18" wheels will not clear the Brembo brakes but if I use spacers will it clear then or is it more the inside diameter of the wheel clearance issue?
Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
It's the inside diameter of the wheel that is the issue, there are some 18" wheels that will clear but not many. If the wheel maker doesn't say for sure it will clear then assume it won't.

My experience with spacers and any moisture is that the spacers are going to be a beyotch to remove if they get wet, and in winter they surely will get wet. Rust will form between the iron rotor/hub face flange and aluminum spacer and it will grab the spacer so hard you are going to have a big problem removing it. And sooner or later you'll have to remove it.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, Thanks John
As for spacers, I used some nice coyote wheel spacer, aluminum I think and they were fine for the season before I took them off for wider summer wheels
Sponsored