p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. Mind if I ask what you had to do to get it working with the 180mph file? My cluster is from a Bullitt so it has the 180mph speedo too.
The guy that flashed my speedo sent me it to flash to mine to fix it. TheStangB is who did this and got it working.
Sponsored

Last edited:

asci01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th Anniversary & 50 LE
Trying to to this retrofit what pin numbers on the ACC plug are for + and ground power? Also, what pin numbers are for + and ground power for the HUD?

OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Trying to to this retrofit what pin numbers on the ACC plug are for + and ground power? Also, what pin numbers are for + and ground power for the HUD?
ACC:
4 - GND
7 - HS2 CAN -
8 - HS2 CAN +
10 - PWR (F66 in Battery Junction Box)

HUD:
1 - GND
2 - HS2 CAN -
3 - HS2 CAN +
4 - PWR (F66 in Battery Junction Box)

Update:
On my car the HUD connector was already in place. BUT the power was not connected. It ended in C212. I added the missing terminal in C212 and connected it to some other wire ending up in F66.

Hope, that helps. Anyway I would recommend that you get the wiring diagrams when doing this install. They should be part of any workshop manual which are pretty cheap on ebay.

Last edited:

asci01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

asci01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another successful ACC retrofit. Thank you Falk03, hro0250 and everyone else that pioneered this retrofit and provided the help necessary for the retrofit. A couple of observations, if you have the 50th anniversary package, you don't need the basic grill since this package already includes the basic lower grille (ask me how I know lol). Also, if you have retrofitted a 2018 digital display the ACC switch that you need is the JR3Z-9C888-FA or SW7968 (rockauto has it. Search for SW7968) and change 724-03-01 2933 xxxx xx. I did not get the defroster grille with the HUD cutout. A new one is expensive and is hard to find a used one. Instead, I got a used regular one and cut the opening myself. Pretty easy if you get the HUD so you can draw a template and cut the opening with more precision. I used a regular blade to cut it. No need to use a dremel. If you need the calibration done, it can be started with forscan under the service functions (click on the wrench icon). It does not require an 'extended' license.

Last edited:

Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Now you guys are making me want to do more projects...

CJobe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHRIS
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTCS
Vehicle Showcase
This is so tempting but I am all thumbs when it comes when it comes to wiring. WIsh my 16 gt/cs had ACC and autowipers

Last edited:
OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
This is so tempting but I am all thumbs when it comes when it comes to wiring. WIsh my 16 gt/cs had ACC and autowipers
ACC is possible and is not that difficult and I think I posted a rough description somewhere here...
Autowipers are possible too, but that requires a new windshield.

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Can this be done with a mesh lower grill or does it have to be the basic grill?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Can this be done with a mesh lower grill or does it have to be the basic grill?
I am pretty sure that ACC only works with the basic grill. I guess the mesh would confuse the ACC sensor.

asci01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am pretty sure that ACC only works with the basic grill. I guess the mesh would confuse the ACC sensor.
Not to mention because the non-basic grill is opened in front of the sensor any road debris will hit the sensor and will destroy your precious sensor

Mastodon2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Alright, my '16 GT came with ACC from the factory, but my part number for the HUD is different than the one listed here, or anywhere online. In fact, I can't even find a record of my part existing at all online. Curious if anyone knows what the difference between my FR3T-19G468 and your FR3Z-19G468 is. Suspecting mine was made before the GT350, possibly different internals to support that car's shift-light feature.
1437659623-shiftlight-tracnk.gif?crop=1xw:1.gif

Anyone care to pop open theirs and share what the inside of theirs looks like? Expecting a different circuit board than the below:
IMG_1003.jpg

OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Alright, my '16 GT came with ACC from the factory, but my part number for the HUD is different than the one listed here, or anywhere online. In fact, I can't even find a record of my part existing at all online. Curious if anyone knows what the difference between my FR3T-19G468 and your FR3Z-19G468 is. Suspecting mine was made before the GT350, possibly different internals to support that car's shift-light feature.
1437659623-shiftlight-tracnk.gif?crop=1xw:1.gif

Anyone care to pop open theirs and share what the inside of theirs looks like? Expecting a different circuit board than the below:
IMG_1003.jpg
Your part should be the same. The GT350 version is a shift light and not the collision warning light and therefore completely different and will not work with ACC. And the shift light is only supported by GT350 IPC.

Mastodon2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Your part should be the same. The GT350 version is a shift light and not the collision warning light and therefore completely different and will not work with ACC. And the shift light is only supported by GT350 IPC.
Just because that's how it's used in the GT350, doesn't mean it's not the same part #. That part is just a LED array. It'll light up whenever it gets a signal, whether that's from the IPC or the ACC module. And since I don't think there's a lot of cars with ACC, and there's not a lot of GT350s, it's probably more cost effective for Ford to use the same part for both, than maintain of inventory of nearly identical parts. Just add some bi-colored LEDs, change the circuitry inside, and calll it a day, charging the whole thing to Ford Performance. That's even more likely if the Road & Track story about itis true: "the story goes that a Ford Performance employee thought about other uses for the collision warning system in his late-model Taurus SHO, which flashes some LEDs against the windshield. He realized that the existing tech could be reprogrammed to function as a shift indicator without a whole lot of effort. He modified the unit on his SHO, then showed it to the brass. They fast-tracked it for the GT350, and here we are." And then there's all the Ford compatibility lists for the part which shows it working for both.

parts.png

So I'm just asking if my part is before the GT350 revision, or if there's something else that's different between them.
Sponsored