Sponsored

Dealer wrecked my 2019 GT350

Jm22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S90
Don't buy the car. You'll have a hard time selling it since the airbags deployed. If the car had frame damage it'll be nearly impossible to resell.

You don't owe them anything, walk away. There's no reason to get a lawyer and you definitely won't get attorney's feed paid for in a lawsuit.

Get the deposit back and go. There's no contract here

Last edited:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Is the dealer trying to hold you to the deal or are they giving you options to renegotiate, get a refund, or order a different GT350?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Late coming in...

But signed purchase agreement (and deposit) or not, why are you even entertaining the idea of still wanting the vehicle?

(2) air bag deployments means the car had to hit hard enough for those air bags to deploy. Damaged rim? Sure maybe on the surface that’s all that is currently seen...

Seriously think about this now:
That rim took a hard hit and what is the rim attached to? The axle, the associated linkage, rear pumpkin and rear subframe... if the dumbass who was hot dogging it and hit hard enough to again, deploy the airbags - no one here (or physically there) knows the extent of the hidden damage to the rear IRS assembly and sub-assemblies attached to it. Worse case too, it is quite possible it could literally have rear frame damage.

Have you taken any pics that can be posted? Have you physically seen the car? Has anyone popped it on a lift and thoroughly went through the rear chassis, IRS, checked the unibody frame, the IRS mounts, etc.?

Was there a Police report, or did the Dealership send a flatbed to get the car to avoid the Police report?

Why would you involve your Insurance Company? Are you being serious?

As far as the VIN reports, if there is a Police report yes it could be recorded on CarFax, AutoCheck etc. If there was not a Police report, but there is Insurance related damage repair (especially with the cost of replacing airbags), yes again it could be reported to those VIN agencies.

A CarFax report or getting a discount shouldn’t even be an inkling of a thought about this car and current scenario.

Drop the emotional attachment and tell the Dealership you want a complete refund and rip up the contract...

Walk away.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Late coming in...

But signed purchase agreement (and deposit) or not, why are you even entertaining the idea of still wanting the vehicle?

(2) air bag deployments means the car had to hit hard enough for those air bags to deploy. Damaged rim? Sure maybe on the surface that’s all that is currently seen...

Seriously think about this now:
That rim took a hard hit and what is the rim attached to? The axle, the associated linkage, rear pumpkin and rear subframe... if the dumbass who was hot dogging it and hit hard enough to again, deploy the airbags - no one here (or physically there) knows the extent of the hidden damage to the rear IRS assembly and sub-assemblies attached to it. Worse case too, it is quite possible it could literally have rear frame damage.

Have you taken any pics that can be posted? Have you physically seen the car? Has anyone popped it on a lift and thoroughly went through the rear chassis, IRS, checked the unibody frame, the IRS mounts, etc.?

Was there a Police report, or did the Dealership send a flatbed to get the car to avoid the Police report?

Why would you involve your Insurance Company? Are you being serious?

As far as the VIN reports, if there is a Police report yes it could be recorded on CarFax, AutoCheck etc. If there was not a Police report, but there is Insurance related damage repair (especially with the cost of replacing airbags), yes again it could be reported to those VIN agencies.

A CarFax report or getting a discount shouldn’t even be an inkling of a thought about this car and current scenario.

Drop the emotional attachment and tell the Dealership you want a complete refund and rip up the contract...

Walk away.
:clap: Well said!

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Just no.

For the money these cars cost, get a new car that has not been crashed.

Not even worth considering. Even at a discount, HELL - NO! Just my 0.02.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Not sure why people are saying to lawyer up (American default setting?). OP never took possession of the car. There is no damage to anything he owned.

Hopefully the dealer tries to make it right by offering either a new 2020 allocation (with something for the additional wait time) or they repair the car and give a good discount (if open to that idea). Otherwise, this falls into the “shit happens” category and everyone moves on with life.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
I would simply tell them. Return my deposit. I will buy a GT350 elsewhere. You would be crazy if you thought I would be willing to take this wrecked car. Thank you, have a nice day.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You've had a lot of feedback, so I'll keep this brief. I wouldn't take the car for any reasonable price either.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Sad thing that even if OP doesn't take delivery of this car, it will end up back at some Ford Dealer repaired as a "new car".

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Why would you even consider taking this car? Tell them to give your deposit back or consult a lawyer. The right thing for the dealer to do is to give you your money back.

OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Is the dealer trying to hold you to the deal or are they giving you options to renegotiate, get a refund, or order a different GT350?
I already got my deposit back. They are giving me the option to wait and see what the damage is, then decide on it or another new one. An independent frame shop and alignment shop will inspect it for frame or alignment problems. A 10 year 100,000 mile warranty is a given. After damage is checked, again not only by Ford, the price will help make my decision.
I will let you guys know.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
If the cost of the repairs on a new car exceed $5000.00, a dealer is requiered by law to notify the potential new buyer of the repairs. BMW prior lawsiuts made this standard procedure for dealerships.
If the dealer is the one who initiated and offered you the 10 year, 100,000 mile warranty, then I would hazard a guess, that they don't want to have to advertise the vehicle with prior damage and repair.
You already wanted this car with all of these exact options... you ordered this car with all of these options! Selling this with damage is going to be difficult, they have to disclose the damage, and this is going to make finding a buyer a lot harder. This is your bargaining chip...!!!!
I suggest your take your bargining chips back to the table and see what else they will offer. They won't admit they will offer more, but if what I understand from the posts, they will.
And no, I'm not a lawyer! I do have to work with them however.
Sponsored