Atlanta area north GA mountain drive

rishi_says

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rishi
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem, PP2
I've been really eager to put my 2019 through its paces since I got it a few weeks ago. Going to be heading up to North GA tomorrow either around Helen or possibly the Cherohala Skyway. You're welcome to join if you'd like.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I've been really eager to put my 2019 through its paces since I got it a few weeks ago. Going to be heading up to North GA tomorrow either around Helen or possibly the Cherohala Skyway. You're welcome to join if you'd like.
Sorry Rishi, but I completely missed your post.

It's also good to do the roads solo first (I still drive them solo). The side roads can be very challenging along with understanding the car's handling and the feel on the main roads.

My first suggestion is "slow in and fast out" of any turn (most are late apex).. It's opposite the normal driver reaction. It helps with speed out of the turn, and it is a really a safe way to avoid an embarrassing situation.

The current lack of rain may delay the changing of the fall colors.

My tire dash sensors were at 33 #'s all around when I left. The front tires got to 37 pounds and then the rear tires. It was one of the hottest days on record here. The Pilot Super Sport Cup 2 FP tires are great.

I was around 16 Mpg in the mtn's when the car was new. I got 18 Mpg now that the car is "broken in". It gets 22 Mpg+ on an open highway (the MSRP $1300 gas guzzler tax was unfair).

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
If anyone wants to do this tomorrow, pm me. If I have to pick up cobra radio walkie talkie just let me know and I can go to Best Buy.

Also provide your number so we can save time

Last edited:

Sponsored

rishi_says

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rishi
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem, PP2
Another local member @NoXiDe was talking about doing something similar. I may be able to go around the 9:30-10AM timeframe.
I've changed my mind on the skyway. Can't find anywhere to leave the dog and from Kennesaw that's a 7.5 hour day without stops. Looking at doing the Richard Russel Byway and Wolf Penn Gap Rd. PM me your number and I'll share mine as well if you still wanna make it out?

Sorry Rishi, but I completely missed your post.

It's also good to do the roads solo first (I still drive them solo). The side roads can be very challenging along with understanding the car's handling and the feel on the main roads.

My first suggestion is "slow in and fast out" of any turn (most are late apex).. It's opposite the normal driver reaction. It helps with speed out of the turn, and it is a really a safe way to avoid an embarrassing situation.

The current lack of rain may delay the changing of the fall colors.

My tire dash sensors were at 33 #'s all around when I left. The front tires got to 37 pounds and then the rear tires. It was one of the hottest days on record here. The Pilot Super Sport Cup 2 FP tires are great.

I was around 16 Mpg in the mtn's when the car was new. I got 18 Mpg now that the car is "broken in". It gets 22 Mpg+ on an open highway (the MSRP $1300 gas guzzler tax was unfair).
Hey man, good advice, done these roads many times but in an AWD Audi S4 with torque vectoring diffs. Agree solo is probably a better idea to learn the car cuz I wouldn't be worried about keeping up.
I'm super stoked to try out the suspension and the sport cups on this car. Seems super tossable and stable.

If anyone wants to do this tomorrow, pm me. If I have to pick up cobra radio walkie talkie just let me know and I can go to Best Buy.

Also provide your number so we can save time
See my comment above, can't do the Skyway tomorrow but if this still sounds interesting PM me and I'll share my number. I also have radios, group mountain rides is something I used to do often.

@NoXiDe @mavisky Here is the route I'm planning on doing
https://maps.app.goo.gl/6HNuBqCFTbrHaeqT9
We can meet at the Dunkin at 1030am?

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Rishi,
I fully agree.

--I do not do twitter. Sorry, but I don't care.--

Do you have a picture of your car to post here? Please show it.

rishi_says

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rishi
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem, PP2
Rishi,
I fully agree.

--I do not do twitter. Sorry, but I don't care.--

Do you have a picture of your car to post here? Please show it.
Twitter? Lol

Sure heres some
2019 GT Premium 6 speed manual in Ruby Red Metallic with the 401A Package, Performance Pack Level 2 (magna ride, 305 sport cup 2s, other suspension bits etc) Active Exhaust, and B&O

oVMONOQ.jpg

Ay3wQnT.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Question: When is the next scheduled drive?
Dave,
It is up to you to pick the date. I suspect the leaf changes negate any drive in the next 30 days? It's still your call.

We need to get it done before the temperatures fall below the Ford recommended tire temps on a 2019 GT350.

rishi_says

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rishi
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem, PP2
I would be down to do a skyway drive.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I would be down to do a skyway drive.
Rishi,
This is really up from the Atlanta area. I'd like to see your car as it looks great. How much experience do you have in the Six Gaps?

I can roll out whenever (I am retired).
Sponsored