Sponsored

Methanol tune + Nitromethane , any tuners would help me?

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
1,200 all day on E85. I'm not understanding the push for methanol or anything else.
Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Run a number? To and from the track. Hmm what kind of number people are in the 8s on e85 with a fraction of the cost and effort this would take...........

OP
OP
Tiago G.

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
1,200 all day on E85. I'm not understanding the push for methanol or anything else.
Methanol is a much better fuel for making power. It will make more power per pound of boost than E-85 or E98 ( if tuned properly, significantly more) so, I don't need to upgrade to a turbo set up which I figure if I sold my supercharger kit would still have to add 5-10K on top of it (new exhaust new, this new that...).
I also do not like the way the turbo cars sound with the coyote application. I had a 2013 TT. / Aluminator and could not make the car sound the way I wanted after 3 different exhaust systems were installed. I like them but that muffled sound is not for me ATM. I'm extremely happy with the sound of my blower.

OP
OP
Tiago G.

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Run a number? To and from the track. Hmm what kind of number people are in the 8s on e85 with a fraction of the cost and effort this would take...........
Yes, with 18s and 19s, ok, but their engines are on borrowed time. Please read post 18#.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Either or. Gen2 or Gen3s are still going to need a built engine and trans to be reliable anyways.

Sponsored

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I would consider going full standalone like a Holley Dominator or something, because I doubt many tuners would touch it otherwise.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
A few personal opinions....

Even though methanol may be better and make more power per amount, I don't think it is worth the trouble. You can pull 1200whp on E85+ and you'll spend less money and have less headache than trying to run the car on methanol. You'll be venturing into new territory that is very rare (especially for this platform), which will be expensive and full of roadblocks, and could spell disaster for your motor.

Finding a tuner to tune it will be near impossible, especially finding one that knows coyotes. I can guarantee you Lund won't do it.

if you really want to incorporate methanol, consider another option. Direct port methanol injection. A direct port system uses one nozzle in each runner, so it's almost like it's own fuel system. You can inject the methanol on top of 91/93/E85 and still get almost all the benefits of a full-on methanol car, without the headaches. Look into ProMeth they do some awesome direct port systems. You could run 1000-1200whp with direct port meth on top of 91/93 if you wanted to and certainly on top of E85. I'd suggest some failsafes though. I will be going this route next year however with a much lower power goal 900-950whp.

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt, 2018 f150 eb 3.5
I think the cost wouldn’t be worth it. Nelson engines do these type of builds with different platforms. Amazing but I can’t imagine the price. Fuel cell and system for when you get on the throttle
Sponsored