Sponsored

Extended Warranty: Base, Extra, Or Premium?

tbr2001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

tbr2001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
their price (troy's) seems unreal. the discount is significant over zeigler, flood, and anderson-koch. i want to talk to someone there to confirm. thanks for the lead.
Gotcha. I can say at least for me, documentation showed up in my email in a few days and even more comforting, I can see my service plan in the FordPass app.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I went back to Troy Ford’s website. I clicked on the link for the 8 year 48,000 mile plan which is listed at $1610 after rebate, but once you check off the options for that plan the price jumps up to over $2000. My car is over 12 months old and they add $310 for the zero deductible. I guess I’m sticking with my Flood Ford warranty.

Sponsored

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I went thru their online tool here just FYI.

https://www.troy-ford-extended-warranty.com/
Wow, I paid like $3200 with my dealer who matched flood ford for my R, 8yr 36k mile $100 deductible, and this is quoting me $1465 now for the same (which includes a $100 premium bc out of 12 months). Guess I’m going to cancel that one and get a prorated refund and it’ll still be huge savings (or is it even prorated? I presume it will be but technically coverage hasn’t started on anything yet bc of original coverage still).

Edit: still not seeing a catch. Didn’t need to add any of the extra cost features and it says $1465 in cart
BBBABD0B-34E6-4BD0-ACD4-DBBCBEF9CCBC.png

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
is there a missing zero? How do you own a car for 8 years and not wildly exceed 36K miles?
For me, it’s bc I have 6 cars, 4 of which are coupes, 2 kids and work are home so no commute, and live in MI which makes dec - March driving quite limited. I’ll do 3500 glorious track focused miles in my R max, bc my other coupes need love too ;).

tbr2001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Wow, I paid like $3200 with my dealer who matched flood ford for my R, 8yr 36k mile $100 deductible, and this is quoting me $1465 now for the same (which includes a $100 premium bc out of 12 months). Guess I’m going to cancel that one and get a prorated refund and it’ll still be huge savings (or is it even prorated? I presume it will be but technically coverage hasn’t started on anything yet bc of original coverage still).

Edit: still not seeing a catch. Didn’t need to add any of the extra cost features and it says $1465 in cart
BBBABD0B-34E6-4BD0-ACD4-DBBCBEF9CCBC.png
I'm not too familiar with the proration on Ford plans but on my Jeep the clock started at time of purchase rather than when the original warranty expires. Also, you might want to call just to be sure you are getting like for like based on lightrules comment.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so it was too good to be true. their website is a bit tricky. bottom line is that troy ford ESP will cost me $1920 for the same exact plan as zeigler at $1445.
Please explain? See my above post, not sure what the difference is, I don’t need a rental option or the other fluff. $100 deductible is fine, I just want the extra 3 years on engine and trans and diff and 5 years on AC (which has gone out on me twice now almost also taking out the engine). For a car this is tracked, it’s a no brainer.

For a little comparison, Ferrari is about $6k PER YEAR on a extended warranty lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Please explain? See my above post, not sure what the difference is, I don’t need a rental option or the other fluff. $100 deductible is fine, I just want the extra 3 years on engine and trans and diff and 5 years on AC (which has gone out on me twice now almost also taking out the engine). For a car this is tracked, it’s a no brainer.

For a little comparison, Ferrari is about $6k PER YEAR on a extended warranty lol.
just make sure you click on "shelby gt350/r", then go from there. for my needs, Troy ESP was significantly higher than anderson or zeigler.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just make sure you click on "shelby gt350/r", then go from there. for my needs, Troy ESP was significantly higher than anderson or zeigler.
Ya, I did. If you can, please compare the no added options from Troy to the others and lmk how it compares. Maybe the low mile no options is the key to the massive discount?

Again, not worried about a power window or saving $100 on a claim, but a $35k engine replacement is another story

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Near as I can tell Flood Ford does not charge as great a premium for the zero dollar deductible as does Troy. If you’re looking at the zero dollar deductible Flood Ford is better. I paid $1820 for flood Ford’s 48/8 $0 deductible (Extra Care) versus Troy’s which is $2020. I looked at a couple of the plans and if you do $100 deductible Troy is better.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
try it out here, anderson is one of the cheapest and their quote system is easy...

https://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/
So they are even better than Troy Ford, both are $1465 (including $100 premium for over 12 months) for $100 deductible 36k/8yr premium plan, but where Troy wants $330 more for $0 deductible, anderson is only $130 more for $0 deductible. Considering that pays for itself in any two small issues, I'll be going with Anderson's 8yr / 36k premium with $0 deductible for $1595.
Sponsored