Sponsored

Automobile Article - The Future of Camaro, Mustang & Challenger

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
Weight is the Mustangs worst characteristic, more is not better in this case.
I have zero interest in a 4200 lb mustang.
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Very disingenuous of auto log. They didn’t predict anything at all.

Everyone has known the Casado was headed to the glue factory.

Everyone has Also heard of the Mustang platform rumors.

literally zero had to do with auto log predicting anything.

More like repeating old news.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I have zero interest in a 4200 lb mustang.
Ford really needs to get with the program on weight on this ancient platform. It is just amazing how much fun it is to throw around a 3060lb car (GTI) vs 3500 or 3700 Mustang. It's pathetic that the Focus RS (3400) weighs so much.

I have an idea, Ford should license the Mazda3 platform for the future Mustang. At least Mazda knows how to make a light, GOOD handling car and somehow it manages to pass all those crash safety tests.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Yeah, whats wrong with that? I said when I was on vacation, they are a blast to drive, I am middle aged. I wouldn't waste the money on one to own it but they are fun to drive on vaca.
Nothing. If I needed a rental in a temperate, scenic area I'd rent a Mustang convertible; if the foo shits wear it.

Edit: Well, one thing. Since Ecoboost Mustang convertible screams 'rental,' it might make it more attractive to smash-and-grab thieves (ragtop, and visitors aren't likely to hang around to prosecute).

Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
I knew Ford had to have real concerns about moving to an all in one platform ..

Its just like the supposed good idea and sorry to say , guaranteed failure ideas like "world car' truly are...

you can not build for anything but your buying customers...

mustang buying customers buy mustang because it is lighter than the traditionally heavier LX cars.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Well, here's Automobile's Design Critic on the C8:

"I am deeply sorry to be severely disappointed by the styling of the C8. I hoped for something really new and exciting, not a boringly generic supercar, mostly indistinguishable from the many and varied unimaginative devices that show up regularly at the Geneva auto show. Its styling is confused. Downright messy, in fact. I count a dozen horizontal lines, not to mention four convoluted taillights, four nice rectangular exhaust tips, plus varied slots, vents, grilles, indented surfaces, and wing elements... just across the rear fascia. The front is no better, and the profile with its short, stumpy nose is equally surprising. Maybe it's all meant to look purposeful, but to me it seems just a careless, cluttered, graphic composition, not worthy of Corvette history and what we expect of this technically brilliant descendant of the elegant, Jaguar-inspired original C1 from 1953. I have no doubt this will be a very good car, with truly world-class performance coupled with American-style daily usefulness and (probably) easy servicing - dry-sump engines are not typical dealer shop fare. But I'd have liked to see some traces of the Astrovette or the four-rotor mid-engine concept from the Bill Mitchell era."

... via http://www.autoextremist.com/on-the-table1/
disingenuous and the writer knows it ...

theres a reason why the $200k+ cars look different than the $60k cars...

OP
OP

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Personally, I really like the C8. There's 1 thing that (probably) will keep me from owning 1 - lack of a manual transmission. Yes, I know DCTs are faster and pretty much all of their competition is DCT only. To me sports car = manual. Yes, I'm old.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Personally, I really like the C8. There's 1 thing that (probably) will keep me from owning 1 - lack of a manual transmission. Yes, I know DCTs are faster and pretty much all of their competition is DCT only. To me sports car = manual. Yes, I'm old.
That or unreliability are the only things that will keep from ordering a 2021. I test drove several 2018 and 2019 Mustang autos trying to like them but never could. They aren't DCTs but close enough. Need to keep trying or decide to put up with it.

Last edited:

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra

Sponsored

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Trolls like you and him will always be loud and disruptive hopefully the mods will soon ban you camaro trolls
You sir are the troll you do nothing but bash on Camaros.. there is a lot of us that like many different makes and car models .not just Mustang exclusive.I have done more to my EcoBoost Mustang that I had and my Mustang that I have currently..then you probably ever will to your Mustang .just stop being so negative against people that have different cars. No need being insecure..enjoy

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
disingenuous and the writer knows it ...

theres a reason why the $200k+ cars look different than the $60k cars...
He says "I hoped for something really new and exciting, not a boringly generic supercar, mostly indistinguishable from the many and varied unimaginative devices that show up regularly at the Geneva auto show"

"Indistinguishable" means they look the same.
Sponsored