Sponsored

lx347cd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT and 2003 Cobra
that really is sad considering it is bone stock with Whipple supplied tune. Maybe OPG and sprocket install was an issue?
what did Whipple have to say about this?

OP
OP
Oram4299

Oram4299

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
that really is sad considering it is bone stock with Whipple supplied tune. Maybe OPG and sprocket install was an issue?
what did Whipple have to say about this?
They didn’t have much to say other than sorry to hear that. I had an open case with them before that becuase i would do 3 pulls and my cylinder head temp would reach 250deg they said it was normal to see that i never felt good about it but now speaking the the engine builder he thinks that played a big roll. He didn’t find any degree that might have blocked oil to the rods really weird but hopefully after what’s being don’t to this engine i won’t have to worry about that again

Sponsored

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
They didn’t have much to say other than sorry to hear that. I had an open case with them before that becuase i would do 3 pulls and my cylinder head temp would reach 250deg they said it was normal to see that i never felt good about it but now speaking the the engine builder he thinks that played a big roll. He didn’t find any degree that might have blocked oil to the rods really weird but hopefully after what’s being don’t to this engine i won’t have to worry about that again
Which heat exchanger were you running?

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’m confused, you installed the kit and didn’t take it to a dyno to check out the tune before making WOT runs?

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
It's going to happen to these motors eventually with boost some happen faster than others it really depends on how lucky you are. Every motor is different and sometimes you get a part that's just good enough to pass the QA and is weak enough to go with a little boost.

At least you caught it before you shot a rod through the block. I'm saving up for a fully sleeved motor after my warranty is up.

Are you going to resleeve the motor?

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It's going to happen to these motors eventually with boost some happen faster than others it really depends on how lucky you are. Every motor is different and sometimes you get a part that's just good enough to pass the QA and is weak enough to go with a little boost.

At least you caught it before you shot a rod through the block. I'm saving up for a fully sleeved motor after my warranty is up.

The stock engine if tuned & fueled correctly should last thousands of miles?

There’s plenty of them out there doing fine. Now if your pushing it (Boost) with improper tuning, or at least checking the tune then your looking for trouble.

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
What oil? 5w-30 might not be enough if knocking at 250F CHT. Even 5w-50 might not stop the bearing making contact on det.

250F CHT on 91? Uhhhh should have been knocking.

Reische 170, pull the coping, GT350 rad, 4.0 pulley. At least short block is cheap.
Or snag a predator block, pistons, rods?

OP
OP
Oram4299

Oram4299

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT

Yes that’s exactly what’s going on now it’s getting all forged internals, sleeves cylinder, cnc Head porting and studs. Hopefully it will be done within the next 2 weeks

OP
OP
Oram4299

Oram4299

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
I’m confused, you installed the kit and didn’t take it to a dyno to check out the tune before making WOT runs?
I did not but don’t think that would’ve changed the outcome but i might be wrong. Whipple assured me that was not needed if i was running there stock tune that it would be safe but then again i don’t really believe it was the tune or there product that caused this probably would’ve showed up eventually just the boost accelerated this
Sponsored