Sponsored

Who has the Ford X-springs on their Performance Pack?

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
I've been considering these springs since I want a mild drop for my car and I like the fact that they've been tuned to work with the PP shocks/struts. I'm curious about the difference in ride from a stock PP to the PP + X-springs (basically the Ford Performance street handling kit). My car is only driven on the street so I am mainly concerned about ride quality, and I'm assuming handling will be as good if not a little better than stock.

Link to springs: https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...reet-1-set-v6-ecoboost-gt-2015-2019/p/M5300X/

Good video for reference.

In the video they say the X-springs + PP still rides well, but this was on a smooth private track. I'm looking for more real world experience. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
I have them on my PP car. It’s been a long time since I put them on so I’m having a hard time remembering exactly how it initially compared to stock. Overall the car feels a bit stiffer, and body roll was reduced. I’ve taken several long road trips with my car and the ride is just fine. If you are mainly interested in lowering the car and keeping the handling about the same then I’d say go for it. I personally felt the stock PP suspension was a little soft and this helped that while still be comfortable on the road.

I have started doing more HPDE driving and these springs are just fine for that as well. When the stock PP shocks/struts need replacement I’ll probably look into the track handling pack suspension and springs or stiffer aftermarket parts but until then the X springs are working fine for me.

OP
OP
ihc95

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
I have them on my PP car. It’s been a long time since I put them on so I’m having a hard time remembering exactly how it initially compared to stock. Overall the car feels a bit stiffer, and body roll was reduced. I’ve taken several long road trips with my car and the ride is just fine. If you are mainly interested in lowering the car and keeping the handling about the same then I’d say go for it. I personally felt the stock PP suspension was a little soft and this helped that while still be comfortable on the road.

I have started doing more HPDE driving and these springs are just fine for that as well. When the stock PP shocks/struts need replacement I’ll probably look into the track handling pack suspension and springs or stiffer aftermarket parts but until then the X springs are working fine for me.
Thanks for the response! Did the car actually drop an inch like they say or is that only for non-PP cars?

Would you happen to have any pictures of how your car sits?