Sponsored

Colgan Car Bra for 2015 thru 2020 GT350.

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Since March of 2019, I've been back and forth with the Covercraft Company who produces the Colgan Car Bra for various vehicles. (covercraft.com/colgan) phone: 800-274-7006. I've bough several for my past GT500's and BMW's and found them always to be high quality and great for protection on long trips. That being said, out of frustration this summer, I contacted the president of Colgan and he was able to get the ball rolling after four months of "we're working on getting a pattern" responses from the company employees. As the GT350 is different from any other Mustang from the A pillars forward, Covercraft had to design a bra just for our GT350's. It's a lot of work. I received my GT350 Bra, via fedx, yesterday, and immediately tried it on my new 2019 GT350. It fit as expected and I then did a high speed highway run just to insure that there were no glitches. All went well.
I've been using Colgan Bras on my past three GT500's and several BMW's. As said. they are good quality and provide great protection on long trips. I only use them for extended travels on interstates, etc. Once I've arrived, it comes off until my trip back home. I've never had a problem with paint damage. One caveat, if it rains on the trip and I have to spend the night at a motel, I take the wet bra off and let in dry hanging up in the motel bathroom shower. The next morning it's dry and it goes back on till my destination arrival. I don't think it's good to leave the wet bra on the car overnight. Just me being OCD!!
Anyway, I ordered the bra in black carbon fiber look-alike material with no cut out for a front tag since I don't have one. You can order one in the standard black colored material (less expensive) and can also have a cut out done if you have a front plate on your car. The bra has two pieces; one for the hood (about 8 inches covering the leading edge) and the whole front clip from bottom to top. My price was $252.00 and shipping was free. It takes them a few weeks to make one after you order it. It's a new item so it's not on their web site yet. Refer to model # BC5938CF when you contact them (I'd strongly suggest a phone call rather than ordering on line to avoid any misunderstandings) The model number may be slightly different than mine if you chose the standard black material as opposed to the carbon fiber look. The call taker will be able to pull it up once they have the model number I've provided. Hope this helps some of you who need some front clip protection when you take your car on a long trip. Some people don't like them, but I've never had a bad experience with using them on my past cars.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Any pictures of it on your car? I might pick one up for my trek home when my car gets delivered.