Sponsored

New car time. What cars are you considering w/replacing your Mustang?

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'll keep my 2016 until it's dead. My next purchase I'm looking to the new Bronco. It all depends what it looks like, price, etc.
Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
I have pondered that direction as well. I’ve seen F150 XT’s with the 5.0L/10-speed and the STX sport package like the one below for $25k. It’s a hell of a deal.

upload_2019-9-26_13-7-21.jpeg
Well I went ahead and did it. Picked up a Abyss Gray, standard cab, short box, 19 f150 v8 10spd.... 4x4 last night. Sticker was 41k, walked out paying alittle under 30k. Don't really want the 4wd, but it's easy enough to take it all out, going to be building a transmission anyways, so I will pick up a used 2wd tranny and go through it with clutches and converter. Going to make a twin turbo setup for it. We also have an Abyss Gray short bed, standard cab 2wd 19 we ordered coming in in the next week or two that has a Gen3 whipple sitting here waiting for it. Should be an interesting winter. Now I have to sell the mustang..

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I still so stunned at how much better this '19 is from my '16. Can't imagine any other car, especially for the money.

On Saturday night I had a bit of a drive home, after dinner with some friends. With the car in "Normal", exhaust in "Quiet", I had a supreme Grand Touring drive home. Very quiet, with space, grace and pace. Just a sublime freeway cruiser. And then when I want, a roaring, stomping good time.

OP
OP
AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I still so stunned at how much better this '19 is from my '16. Can't imagine any other car, especially for the money.

On Saturday night I had a bit of a drive home, after dinner with some friends. With the car in "Normal", exhaust in "Quiet", I had a supreme Grand Touring drive home. Very quiet, with space, grace and pace. Just a sublime freeway cruiser. And then when I want, a roaring, stomping good time.
I own a 2016 GT and have had 2018/19 rentals of both the coupe and convertible GT. Outside of 10-speed and gen 3 coyote, I didn’t find it any better or worse than my current car. Since an automatic is a nonstarter for a sports car I own, it doesn’t benefit me. Active exhaust doesn’t benefit me either as I would have it open 100% of the time. To each their own!

OP
OP
AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well I went ahead and did it. Picked up a Abyss Gray, standard cab, short box, 19 f150 v8 10spd.... 4x4 last night. Sticker was 41k, walked out paying alittle under 30k. Don't really want the 4wd, but it's easy enough to take it all out, going to be building a transmission anyways, so I will pick up a used 2wd tranny and go through it with clutches and converter. Going to make a twin turbo setup for it. We also have an Abyss Gray short bed, standard cab 2wd 19 we ordered coming in in the next week or two that has a Gen3 whipple sitting here waiting for it. Should be an interesting winter. Now I have to sell the mustang..
Congrats! It’s a hell of a deal plus I like the look of the standard cab/short box. There’s multiple tune only gen 3 F150’s on YouTube cracking the 11s. They pick up huge amounts of power with just a tune as the stock tune is ridiculously conservative and geared toward fuel economy. But obviously you have much bigger plans than just that.

upload_2019-10-1_13-16-11.jpeg

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I own a 2016 GT and have had 2018/19 rentals of both the coupe and convertible GT. Outside of 10-speed and gen 3 coyote, I didn’t find it any better or worse than my current car. Since an automatic is a nonstarter for a sports car I own, it doesn’t benefit me. Active exhaust doesn’t benefit me either as I would have it open 100% of the time. To each their own!
Improvements from my base GT 2016 with PP1;

Transmission; New MT82, shifts better/smoother. Taller gears/better MPGs.
Clutch; New twin-disc. 1/2 the weight, much shorter movement.
Engine; Gen III, 500HP, although rated at 460.
Suspension; Magneride. Firm when you want, soft when you want.
Exhaust; Active. Quiet when you want, loud when you want.
Interior; 301A = Sync 3, better stereo, adjustable lighting, auto climate control.

Those are big differences.

OP
OP
AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Improvements from my base GT 2016 with PP1;

Transmission; New MT82, shifts better/smoother. Taller gears/better MPGs.
Clutch; New twin-disc. 1/2 the weight, much shorter movement.
Engine; Gen III, 500HP, although rated at 460.
Suspension; Magneride. Firm when you want, soft when you want.
Exhaust; Active. Quiet when you want, loud when you want.
Interior; 301A = Sync 3, better stereo, adjustable lighting, auto climate control.

Those are big differences.
Your 2019 is also spec’d higher than your 2016. I’ve had multiple Mustang GT rentals, all highly spec’d, and the experience wasn’t different enough from my 2016 for me to give it any consideration for a future vehicle.

upload_2019-10-1_13-35-38.jpeg
upload_2019-10-1_13-35-48.jpeg

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
I'm happy enough with my 2015 GTPP right now to not seriously look at anything else. If I had to choose, I'd probably go with a Charger and hate the interior every time I get inside. I'm waiting to see what the next gen Mustangs will have in store before making any decisions.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Mustang till she blows. It's not going anywhere. Until then WRX STi would be my trade in for both my Vehicles. Always wanted an AWD car back to enjoy the back roads in winter.

OP
OP
AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm waiting to see what the next gen Mustangs will have in store before making any decisions.
I agree as I’ll be highly interested as well but that’s at least 3 years away.

Sponsored

sicpuppy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2017 Challenger Hellcat
randotheking

I had a Kia Stinger. Great car. The back seat was usable but not great.

Industry-leading Kia 10-year/100,000-mile warranty program

The Kia 10-year/100,000 mile warranty program* consists of:

10-year/100,000 mile limited powertrain warranty

5-year/60,000 mile limited basic warranty

5-year/100,000 mile limited anti-perforation warranty

5-year/60,000 mile roadside assistance plan

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
A boss 302 will still beat it around leguna seca, and a track pack S197 will be up its ass.

IIRC Ford based a lot of the suspension design on the S550 around the E9X cars. The real killer of course is our electric steering vs the hydraulic on the E9X's, those make the next gen F30 platform 3 series cars feel very numb by comparison.

I really considered a E90 M3 6spd (prefer the sedan over the coupe, less of a d'bag car). The consumable rod bearings and potential throttle actuator issues pushed me away. The other thing that sealed the deal was wanting a LCI car and those were still a little out of reach price wise at the time.

I drove a 2008 6MT E90 M3, bone stock 1 owner 80k mile car a couple months after getting the Mustang. Really enjoyed it but didn't make me regret my decision. I also missed the lack of low end torque like my E39 M5 has. Wouldn't say no to owning one in the future though with a Harrop blower on it.

The F80 cars are a blast to drive but I still can't get over how they sound, they sound like tractors to me. The new problem is the F80 M3 is now the most oversold M3 generation and every other car now has a "crackle" tune on it. I loathe being around the modern BMW car owners at any of the events I go to, they're usually the instagram JUUL crowd.
TBH I don't care, I live in Pittsburgh, not Laguna Seca. That M3 isn't about the numbers, its how it feels to drive.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
TBH I don't care, I live in Pittsburgh, not Laguna Seca. That M3 isn't about the numbers, its how it feels to drive.
I wasn't aware Pittsburgh was the forefront of fun to drive roads, I didn't remember that on my drives thru the city.

You could easily sell your car and pick up a pre-LCI M3 and have plenty of cash left in the bank for the inevitable rod bearing and throttle actuator jobs. Just food for thought.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
We just got our ‘15 CPO GT Premium ‘vert in March but we now realize it’s not practical for us as our only vehicle. It is a lot of fun, but we are retired and only need one car. We have decided that another truck or SUV is what we want.
Can't believe you couldn't talk her into starting a new career. :wink:

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Can't believe you couldn't talk her into starting a new career. :wink:
We have both retired twice and intend to make it stick this time! Rest assured, the replacement will have a V8.
Sponsored