Sponsored

Gen 3 Stage 2 Whipple: Knock and Fuel Quality

White5.0ut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I’m in Concord/Charlotte area. I have a Lund tune with my Whipple. Mine doesn’t usual pull timing but I use only QT gas. We seem to get good quality here. I go out of my way usually to go to QT if I have to. You could try Boostane like you mentioned should boost it enough so it doesn’t pull timing.
Sponsored

epracmetcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
Fuel in my area can be inconsistent at times as well, so I have been running a boostane mix since I put mine on a few months ago.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
How has your experience with boostane been? Do you have a problem with the orange residue that you see with octanium?
I had some orange residue, but 8K miles on it with not one issue with the plugs or O2 sensors, and eliminated all my knock issues. Was also running the 3.75 pulley for 6K miles on pump gas and car was happy in all of the logs that I did, where I would get knock issues with the 3.875 pulley before adding boostane to the mix.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I use the Lucas octane booster stuff (red bottle) which you can get on Amazon for about 80 bucks a case, which is 12 15oz bottles. Cost-wise, this is the way to go. I usually only add half a bottle and that keeps the orange residue to a minimum, plus I like to do 1 tank of straight gas for every couple bottles used. In the past, I have run full bottles with every tank and that definitely causes orange to build up as far back as the exhaust tips. I really don't think it affects performance at all, though.

OP
OP
grabber_17

grabber_17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks guys! I was starting to feel like something was wrong with my car. I guess I will be picking up some octane booster!

Sponsored

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Thanks guys! I was starting to feel like something was wrong with my car. I guess I will be picking up some octane booster!
VP just came out with a new unleaded fuel additive that you should check out.They say it is safe for cats and O2 sensors.

OP
OP
grabber_17

grabber_17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
VP just came out with a new unleaded fuel additive that you should check out.They say it is safe for cats and O2 sensors.
I will do that, I have used VP octanium in the past and it seems to work but the orange residue was bad enough that I could see it at the exhaust tips and it left some stains on the paint that I had to polish off.
Sponsored