Not open for further replies.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You sound really biased against Trump in your post. You should try to be more open minded.

McConnell wants an impeachment vote so that the Democrats in the Senate will have to go on record. That way the Senate can end up with more Republicans. This is one issue that can really hurt a lot of Democrats (it will hurt republicans too if they vote to impeach).

I didn't like Trump before the election, but most of the things he has done have made me like him more and more. The only things I don't like probably have to do with compromise and getting things done in Washington (for instance Trump allowed the Republicans to spend WAY WAY too much money when they had full control).

I don't hate the democrats, but I do want those that have broken the law to go to jail. To be clear, I think most of the democrats (and republicans for that matter) probably should be in jail. And I also want lots of members of the deep state and intelligence community who have broken the law to go to jail.
Thank you for your reasonable and even tempered response. As there is very little middle ground when it comes to Mr. Trump it is nice to not get blasted over my thoughts and opinions.

Yes, I have a bias against Mr. Trump. But Mr. Trump the man, not Mr. Trump the president. So many think that Mr. Trump is a conservative Republican who wants to take care of the average American. His history, again before the presidency, says the opposite. If you really want a good read, checkout Fred "daddy" Trump. He was a real piece of work.

I agree with your sentiments regarding anyone who breaks the law, "if" it has been proven so. I do not believe everything I read in the media. I listen to both MSNBC and Fox. Quite frankly they are both full of it much of the time.

Don't kid yourself about McConnell and the rest of the Republican congress. They will dump Trump in a heartbeat is it is shown that he did something illegal and public opinion sways to impeachment. Why do you think so many Republicans are not running for re-election? What I'm looking for is fairness, a word I do not think is in Washington's current vocabulary. If his is guilty, he has to go. If he's not than, like i said, i'll vote for him in 2020. Honestly I think most of the Democratic candidates are horrible.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Don't kid yourself about McConnell and the rest of the Republican congress. They will dump Trump in a heartbeat is it is shown that he did something illegal and public opinion sways to impeachment. Why do you think so many Republicans are not running for re-election? What I'm looking for is fairness, a word I do not think is in Washington's current vocabulary. If his is guilty, he has to go. If he's not than, like i said, i'll vote for him in 2020. Honestly I think most of the Democratic candidates are horrible.
I agree about McConnell. He would love to get rid of Trump. Both the Rs and Ds hate Trump, because Trump has been trying to do things rather than pass the buck and hold a hand out.

I don't buy into the R vs. D thing. I believe most members of both parties are corrupt. Most of the things they do are the same R vs. D. Why wouldn't the Rs really get rid of Obamacare? They voted against it when they were in the minority, but then refused when they actually had the chance.

The only reason that makes sense to me is they are crooks. They took money to do something, so they do it, and they don't care about their constituents.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I agree about McConnell. He would love to get rid of Trump. Both the Rs and Ds hate Trump, because Trump has been trying to do things rather than pass the buck and hold a hand out.

I don't buy into the R vs. D thing. I believe most members of both parties are corrupt. Most of the things they do are the same R vs. D. Why wouldn't the Rs really get rid of Obamacare? They voted against it when they were in the minority, but then refused when they actually had the chance.

The only reason that makes sense to me is they are crooks. They took money to do something, so they do it, and they don't care about their constituents.
Having known a number of people who have run for office I can tell you that's not usually the way it starts. Most do it because they really want to make a change and feel public service is the best way to do it. So it starts with a campaign which these days means the candidate and his/her family get ripped to shreds. Great way to start, right. OK, so lets say they get elected. Then when the payback starts. Want to get named to a committee, start shanking hands. Want to get anything done, keep shaking them. That lasts for about half a term. The second half is all about getting re-elected. Doesn't matter what party you are it's all the same. Not not everyone that's a crook or just out for themselves, it just seems that way. Many are real and do care, i.e. John McCain. I didn't agree with all of his ways or his politics but he was a real man and an American Hero. I'd want my grandchildren to emulate him anyday.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Having known a number of people who have run for office I can tell you that's not usually the way it starts. Most do it because they really want to make a change and feel public service is the best way to do it. So it starts with a campaign which these days means the candidate and his/her family get ripped to shreds. Great way to start, right. OK, so lets say they get elected. Then when the payback starts. Want to get named to a committee, start shanking hands. Want to get anything done, keep shaking them. That lasts for about half a term. The second half is all about getting re-elected. Doesn't matter what party you are it's all the same. Not not everyone that's a crook or just out for themselves, it just seems that way. Many are real and do care, i.e. John McCain. I didn't agree with all of his ways or his politics but he was a real man and an American Hero. I'd want my grandchildren to emulate him anyday.
McCain was among the worst of them. Completely terrible what he did. He might have been great as a young man but he was a crook going at least 20 years back. At one time I thought Paul Wellstone was a good guy, but he went bad too.

I think the type of person who is charming tends to work on trading favors. It's part of their personality and how they do things. Politicians in general don't need to be corrupted. They are in politics because they want to get paid for helping someone who has helped them. And they get the most help from individuals and companies with deep pockets. Corruption is natural to them.

That's why we need a really strong justice system to root these crooks out and throw them in jail. Fear of going to jail is the only way to stop things like the Clinton Foundation and people like Joe Biden from "doing their thing" and selling out the American people for a quick buck.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
OK, so I'm a lifelong democrat. I grew up in the day that your party was your parents party. That does not mean I'm an ultra liberal. Actually I'm a centrist meaning I always look at both sides of an argument. I'm also changing to become an independent because I'm not happy with the democratic party either. I have also voted for republicans before if I thought they were the best for the office. I voted for Giuliani for mayor of NY and Chris Christie for governor of NJ.
So about Mr. Trump. I noticed that none of you are from NY (one from NJ). You need to read up on him. I'm not talking about the last three years. I'm talking about 10 or 20 years ago. I have family in the real estate business and believe me when i say that Mr. Trump was the furthest thing from a success. He was, to put it in kindly, a scumbag (families word, not mine. I do not know him personally). Like I said, read, there are plenty of articles about the way he did things, the people he hurt and the businesses he destroyed. He is not really a republican, nor a conservative. What he is, and he is really very good at it, is a con man. This is not a political comment, just the reality of what/who he is. What he is doing as President is no different than what he did in the private sector.

So stop hating the democrats so much that you are blinded by what Trump has done and is doing. Stop listening to both side of the media zoo, although even Fox is finally had enough of him. The divisiveness is killing our country. We need to stop fighting amongst each other and, at least, try to find the truth no matter what it is.

So do I think Mr. Trump will me impeached, absolutely yes. Even Mitch McConnell says the Senate would have 'no choice' but to hold a trial if Trump is impeached. That tells you everything you need to hear, right there. And lastly, don't kid yourself about the republicans in the congress. When public opinion gets above 50% on impeachment, they will change their tune. That's what happened with Nixon and it will happen here. They only care about getting re-elected. If the tide turns so will they. There have already been a number of reports that key republicans have said as much "in private".

And finally, if I'm wrong about all of this, I'll vote for Trump next year. :)
It takes a special kind of stupid to think this way. Native New Yorker here who grew up super liberal under the nyc education system and I didn’t finally walk away until AFTER I joined the military, saw real poverty, real ghettos, real hardship which allowed me to understand how every little policy change affects everyone down to the smallest guy.

This ignant is just pulling trash out of his ass

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
It takes a special kind of stupid to think this way. Native New Yorker here who grew up super liberal under the nyc education system and I didn’t finally walk away until AFTER I joined the military, saw real poverty, real ghettos, real hardship which allowed me to understand how every little policy change affects everyone down to the smallest guy.

This ignant is just pulling trash out of his ass
Thank you for your assessment of my intelligence, or lack of. Thank you for making the assumption that I didn’t serve and saw the same things you did. And thank you for the name calling that just proves the point that our ability to see each other’s points of view is going down the drain. I’m now going to take my special stupid ass out of here.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Thank you for your assessment of my intelligence, or lack of. Thank you for making the assumption that I didn’t serve and saw the same things you did. And thank you for the name calling that just proves the point that our ability to see each other’s points of view is going down the drain. I’m now going to take my special stupid ass out of here.
I've tried for a good year or so for discussion here. It occasionally happens, but people like him vastly outnumber rational people on a board like this and derail everything.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
McCain was among the worst of them. Completely terrible what he did. He might have been great as a young man but he was a crook going at least 20 years back. At one time I thought Paul Wellstone was a good guy, but he went bad too.

I think the type of person who is charming tends to work on trading favors. It's part of their personality and how they do things. Politicians in general don't need to be corrupted. They are in politics because they want to get paid for helping someone who has helped them. And they get the most help from individuals and companies with deep pockets. Corruption is natural to them.

That's why we need a really strong justice system to root these crooks out and throw them in jail. Fear of going to jail is the only way to stop things like the Clinton Foundation and people like Joe Biden from "doing their thing" and selling out the American people for a quick buck.
The only way to stop the corruption is to limit terms in office. One term in office and that's it the long a politician stays in office the more corrupt they become.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The only way to stop the corruption is to limit terms in office. One term in office and that's it the long a politician stays in office the more corrupt they become.
IMO term limits aren't enough. Any source of income for an ex politician or anyone related to them should be constantly scrutinized. As an example, when banks start paying an ex politician millions for short speeches, the handcuffs need to go on.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
IMO term limits aren't enough. Any source of income for an ex politician or anyone related to them should be constantly scrutinized. As an example, when banks start paying an ex politician millions for short speeches, the handcuffs need to go on.
Also to go along with this is no free medical after they leave office and not life time pension they go back to there jobs they had before they took office. Hell most all of the politicians are millionaires any way.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The divisiveness is killing our country. We need to stop fighting amongst each other and, at least, try to find the truth no matter what it is.
The truth is the democrats have been attacking President Trump for day one they have never tried to sit down and have a civil exchange with him. When Killary lost the election the democrats lost there minds and have cried for impeachment from the day Trump was sworn in. It's the democrats that have been spewing hate for the last three plus years. It's funny when the Mueller report didn't get Trump like the democrats thought it would they started spreading rumors Mueller was senile talk about piss poor loosers.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I'm beginning to believe both political parties have elected officials that want to turned America into a tolatarian government, want to remove our constitution, remove ALL religions. This group will devide, lie, cheat and steal until they get it.
Bikeman, what you say about Trump is likely, that is why he is wining right now.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Quite frankly I'm not happy with either party right now. I believe that many Americans feel the same way. If we can put that to the side for a minute and just discuss our President. He is not winning. His overall popularity rating is now down to 37%, his lowest ever. It has never been over 50%. Both Democrats and Republicans politicians despise him. The Democrats have, of course, been a lot more vocal. Nothing to see here. Many Democrats couldn't stand Obama but all you heard from were the Republicans. That's just the way it is. Republicans are afraid of him. They know that he will tweet them to death if they say anything against him. Need proof, just look at his tweets about my senator, Lindsey Graham after he made some negative comments about the Presidents Iran policy. Lindsey is one of Trumps staunchest allies but the president still went after him.
Well that's changing now. This "situation" is not going away. He will not be able to bully his way past it. There is hard proven evidence that he did something that is, under our law, impeachable. The House will pass the Articles of Impeachment. The Senate will have a trial. If there is any sense that the American people are for impeachment the Republicans will cover their own asses and find him guilty. Of course, if it does go down this path, the President will resign. This is exactly what happened to Nixon. And by the way, Nixon was far more popular than Trump.

You may agree, you may not. That is your right. I just ask that you value my beliefs and opinions as much as your own.

One last thing......Ecovert, can we please stop with the name calling. I do not know if you have any children, but if you do please realize that name calling is the first step in bullying. I do not know you but I have faith that you would not condone bullying.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I've ranted for years (basically since learning about how our government works as a kid) that we need more than two real parties, and people are finally seeming to get it....

Not thrilled by either party, certainly not the Dems.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The more crazy and unreasonable things that get said about Trump by the entrenched establishment, the more I like Trump.

They investigated him for 2 years trying to dig up dirt and couldn't find anything on him.

I can only think Trump must be one of the cleanest "politicians" ever. He's certainly the first to refuse to take a salary. I realize he has plenty of his own money due to his very successful businesses, but it still is a very meaningful act. I haven't seen any rich Democrats like Bernie give up their salaries.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.