Sponsored

Was an all Team Beefcake Final at the Mcleod 10r80 Throwdown!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
It was an all Team Beefcake Racing / Finish Line Performance finale in the Mcleod 10r80 Throwdown at the NMRA World Finals. We took the win over our good customer and friend Heinz S. I told him I taught him everything he knows....not everything I know, lol.

In all seriousness it was a taxing weekend. Day 1 we broke the converter and just happened to have a spare and My crew chief and partner extrordinare Brian Campbell worked some magic and we got it changed at the track. No easy task in one of these cars. Went out and made 2 runs back to back of 8.9 in the heat.

We babied it the rest of the weekend and only made one qualifying run but took the top spot with an 8.9 off the footbrake in 95 degree heat, so we skipped round 2 amd 3 to save the car.

If it wasn’t bad enough running in 95 degree heat. The new electric water pump took a dump during our bye run. So we had to do as much cooling on the car as we could between rounds to keep from insane temps. In the semis we hit 250 cylinder head temps and in the finals we hit 260. She held together though and we’re bringing home the W.

Just can say enough great things about this 2018 Vortech Supercharged Ford Mustang GT. Loving the 10r80. Jon Lund II for putting the sauce on it too..

Thanks to McLeod Clutches for sponsoring the class. Thanks to our sponsors who always help keep us rocking Vortech Superchargers, EXEDY USA EXEDY USA, Finish Line Performance LLC Vehicle Modification Auto Service Milford OH, Lund Racing, Fore Innovations, LLC, Steeda Auto Sports, Baer Brakes, Viking Performance, Inc., American Racing Solutions, UPR Products, Driveshaft Shop, Chris Sehorn (Circle D Specialties)

Car just looked awesome this weekend with the Anderson Composites 4” cowl hood and the new polished Bogart Racing Wheels along with the Cervini's Auto Designs grille.

Shoutout to ROGUE RACE CARS for keeping us legal with a great looking 10 point cage.
And thanks to the guys at BES Racing Engines for always putting us together a killer engine and Modular Motorsports Racing - MMR for the great set of heads.

Also a shoutout to Joe Glockner for helping back up crew this weekend.

Last but not least Jennifer Kirk Reeves my dear wife who always lets me do whatever I want with the cars and racing. Xoxo.

Also wanted to thank all the customers and fans that take time to stop by the booth during the races. We really appreciate it.
Hope I didn’t miss anyone.

10r1.jpg

10r3.jpg

10r2.jpg
Sponsored

Drsmith33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Awesome job Terry!!! Truly an amazing car and well built! Brian is awesome!!! I use him for everything.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Congrats on your win and thanks for always answering my questions when I pm you about my mustang mods.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Damn talk about working through adversity for the W. Great job Terry.

That Vortech is turned up.

Sponsored

WickedRed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10R80 Velocity Blue
Was an awesome race no doubt. Killer work and Congrats.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Broke a Circle D converter? That's the second one I have heard about... Don't get the warm fuzzy feeling about that.

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Broke a Circle D converter? That's the second one I have heard about... Don't get the warm fuzzy feeling about that.
early version, not as strong as the more update ones

and chris and the guys there do a great job taking care of anyone with any issues

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Congrats Terry !

Was I the first ?

early version, not as strong as the more update ones

and chris and the guys there do a great job taking care of anyone with any issues
I assume the one I got from you a few months back that broke was one of the “updated “ ones ? .... or may be not ?
I will be sending mine back . Not sure I want to try it again(spent so much on labor installing and removing it already )
It did cut a 1.28 leaving in second with the converter .....before it broke lol

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Congrats Terry !

Was I the first ?

I assume the one I got from you a few months back that broke was one of the “updated “ ones ? .... or may be not ?
I will be sending mine back . Not sure I want to try it again(spent so much on labor installing and removing it already )
It did cut a 1.28 leaving in second with the converter .....before it broke lol
Yes. If you send it out and get it fixed, and don't want it, let me know. Assuming it works for an f-150?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Roger , and thanks for the offer .

I will probably ask them for a new one (may be I got an old version)rather than fix this one .

I will ask to see if it fits the F150 but I would assume .

Sorry Terry , not trying to jack thread .
Sponsored